Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD: '87 JEM777LNG #355

5K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  Metlupass2 
#1 · (Edited)
Got this a little over a month ago but it needed a bit of work before it was ready to go. The guitar has been played and most of the clear on the fretboard was gone. I stripped the remainder off, cleaned the board thoroughly and then refinished it. I used Minwax Polycrylic and hand applied it with a brush, then later went back and smoothed and polished it. I finished by masking all the pyramids and polishing them back to a nice shine.

Other than that the guitar was in great shape. A few small cracks in the clear, but no chips or neck cracks and the trem was in very good shape. The guitar came with a palm rest but I pulled the little rubber pads off the body while cleaning it and saved them. The signature had a bit of wear on it, so I cut out a small circle of 3M clear bra and placed it over the signature to protect it. Guitar came in the original grey-interior Chesbro case. I thought it was pretty interesting that the serial number plate ended with 336 and the guitar is numbered #355.

Pics!

See less See more
#34 ·
Hi All,

I wish my camera took as nice a pictures as Yours Ride.Great quality pix of an even better quality guitar(s).
I have an LNG too,but decided to keep the palm rest on.It gets a bit uncomfortable after a while,but I just can't bring myself to remove it. BTW,my DY's are a bit upset -You haven't got any of them in the last photo_Only colour missing ;-)

p.s. If You ever decide You want to sell the palm rest,send me a PM.I'll find a home for it on my DY's or SK's or FP's :)

Regards:Shane155

#37 ·
I wish my camera took as nice a pictures as Yours Ride.Great quality pix of an even better quality guitar(s).
Thanks, Shane. But there's nothing special about my camera. It's a Canon PowerShot S50 from 2003! A lot of it has to do with setting up the lighting in the shot.
hell with the LNG loving that PBK
Thanks. I absolutely love that guitar and I wonder how many of them are really out there? It took me a long time to find one.

#40 ·
If any of you want higher res versions of the pictures, just let me know.

By the way, I finally remembered to look at the pressure pads on the nut and sure enough, they are different. I now have them properly installed with the peaks sideways. I always thought it was a mistake on the guitar in the catalog LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.