Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD: '87 JEM777LNG #355

5K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  Metlupass2 
#1 · (Edited)
Got this a little over a month ago but it needed a bit of work before it was ready to go. The guitar has been played and most of the clear on the fretboard was gone. I stripped the remainder off, cleaned the board thoroughly and then refinished it. I used Minwax Polycrylic and hand applied it with a brush, then later went back and smoothed and polished it. I finished by masking all the pyramids and polishing them back to a nice shine.

Other than that the guitar was in great shape. A few small cracks in the clear, but no chips or neck cracks and the trem was in very good shape. The guitar came with a palm rest but I pulled the little rubber pads off the body while cleaning it and saved them. The signature had a bit of wear on it, so I cut out a small circle of 3M clear bra and placed it over the signature to protect it. Guitar came in the original grey-interior Chesbro case. I thought it was pretty interesting that the serial number plate ended with 336 and the guitar is numbered #355.

Pics!

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks guys. I got the LNG and the SK from the same guy who lives near me. He'd been sitting on them for a few years and then decided that he wanted to get some super expensive Les Paul. His wife put the hammer down and said he had to get rid of some significant other stuff if he wanted it, so I was happy to give them a good home! :D

The FP is probably my favorite player of all my guitars. Something about it just feels absolutely great.

#14 ·
I have the palm rest, just don't have it attached. I took the rubber stickers off because I wouldn't use the palm rest and want to keep it in as good of shape as possible. I have it in a little bag in the case with the two rubber stickers. If I ever want to sell it or install the palm rest, I can just put them back on.

#26 ·
Huh, I'll have to pull them off and look at them. I may have put them on wrong and just completely didn't pay attention. This nut was different in that it has a hump in the center to fit a bullet truss rod and under the pressure pads the casting was indented rather than flat like every other nut I've seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.