<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JEM and Universe Guitars

JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Bryancap77  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,337  -  iTrader: (11)
Reviews: 11

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Wowwwww looks amazing!!!!!!!
quote
  #17  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:05 AM
Davey84  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Middlesborough
Posts: 27  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Quote:
Originally Posted by wilch View Post
Congrats, and welcome to the DNA club! What number is that one?

Did he include the guitar sleeping bag, and certificate with the sale?
Thanks, it's Number 205 I went to the buyers house and the instant I seen it I was in love. It Came with sleeping bag, certificate and factory documents. There seems to be a difference in cases DNA's come with compared to others I've seen. I've seen other's with them really nice flight cases but mine seems to be a bit different and a bit plain in comparison. None the less I love the guitar, the swirl reminds more of an early ATD UVMC type swirl than some of the DNA's I'm use to seeing.

Last edited by Davey84; 02-18-2013 at 06:06 AM.
quote
  #18  
Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 AM
(a)
Wolfram  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,390  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 13

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Man I am so jealous. A DNA is at the very, very top of my most wanted list. One day..........

-Wolfram
quote
  #19  
Old 01-23-2013, 05:14 AM
Diamond Dave  is offline
Classified Watchdog
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 726  -  iTrader: (12)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Could have had it for only 5500 a few years back. Whatever did happen to Passion_and_Warfare...

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/lo...gd-102382.html
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f31/fs...0-a-97050.html
quote
  #20  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Davey84  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Middlesborough
Posts: 27  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
Could have had it for only 5500 a few years back. Whatever did happen to Passion_and_Warfare...

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/lo...gd-102382.html
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f31/fs...0-a-97050.html
I think that price just shows how much the market for these rare guitars has declined maybe? or it just because of the state of the global economy. If you look back to around 2006/2007 people on Ebay were paying all kinds of prices for the rare JEMS.
quote
  #21  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 AM
ShredderChick  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 139  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Very Nice!! Congrats!!
quote
  #22  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM
pink13  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: edison nj 08817
Posts: 606  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


totally awesome dna congrats enjoy it..
quote
  #23  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Jibboom  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 145  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Congrats, the DNA is the King of the Jems and imo the best Jem concept that Ibanez ever came up with. There will never be another like it so hang onto it and don't sell it! Mike (#262)
quote
  #24  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM
(a)
Rich  is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 21,490  -  iTrader: (21)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey84 View Post
I think that price just shows how much the market for these rare guitars has declined maybe? or it just because of the state of the global economy. If you look back to around 2006/2007 people on Ebay were paying all kinds of prices for the rare JEMS.
it's not 08 but the market is just fine and recovering. You just stole it. I'll give you 3500 for it today
quote
  #25  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
adnecs  is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 129  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


My congratulations! You got a very beautiful one!
quote
  #26  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
RyansJem  is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cleethorpes, England
Posts: 636  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 13

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Quality swirl!
quote
  #27  
Old 01-23-2013, 02:13 PM
wilch  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,404  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey84 View Post
Thanks, it's Number 205 I went to the buyers house and the instant I seen it I was in love. It Came with sleeping bag, certificate and factory documents. There seems to be a difference in cases DNA's come with compared to others I've seen. I've seen other's with them really nice flight cases but mine seems to be a bit different and a bit plain in comparison. None the less I love the guitar, the swirl reminds more of an early ATD UVMC type swirl than some of the DNA's I'm use to seeing. The 3k seems to be quite reasonable I think. I know the market for these guitars isn't exactly booming is it was maybe 6 or 7 years ago.
Ah very cool

IIRC some markets got the case you have, while others have the flight case like I have. The thing about the flight case is, it's HUGE and heavy. Atleast that case is nice and portable!

You got it for steal. You paid 1/2 of what I saw one listed for on ebay early last year. I'm sure the next buyer (if you ever sell it) will pay more than what you did. Unless they find this thread, lol j/k'ing.

Anyway, congrats man! DNA's are so beautiful to look at, and nice to play. After nearly 10 years of ownership. Mine still makes me smile.
quote
  #28  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Davey84  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Middlesborough
Posts: 27  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
it's not 08 but the market is just fine and recovering. You just stole it. I'll give you 3500 for it today
10k and we're talking hehe. It's took me 6 years to aquire this one so definitely have no plans to sell. She's a keeper The neck on these guitars feel insanely good. Rich it looks like you have quite a collection going by the pics on your website. Do you still have you're DNA's? are they you're prized assets or is it something else like the JS collection?
quote
  #29  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 AM
(a)
Rich  is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 21,490  -  iTrader: (21)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


It's still not 2008

I sold 205 when it was new.

I haven't sold any on my collection, but they're not the real prize to me.
quote
  #30  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM
wilch  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,404  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: NGD - Ibanez JEM DNA


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It's still not 2008

I sold 205 when it was new.

I haven't sold any on my collection, but they're not the real prize to me.
I'm curious, what's the real prize?
quote
Reply

Tags
jem dan vai vai2k

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Show/Hide Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by