NGD : LNG - Page 2 - Jemsite
JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Re: NGD : LNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentHeinz View Post
Y'all haven't heard the rest of the story behind the one that was on the bay? Check THIS out...

http://www.kramerforum.com/forum/sho...170#post637170
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. And I thought I got the deal of the century.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 06:08 AM

That was basically like a winning Lotto ticket; so in my book you still did. I feel for my forum bro who missed it by twenty minutes in his own neighborhood.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Wow! I used to think of stories of a widow selling her late husband's JEM for under a $1000, but this tops that.

$682 walking out the door, then flips it.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

And now another LNG up for auction.

That seem like one per week over the last month. Is this a coinicidence, or are people finally selling theirs giving the rate they are going for right now?
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 03:40 PM

I'd say it's just coincidence. The one on ebay right now looks as clean as mine. I messaged the seller asking him for the # out of curiosity. It's kind of a sketch auction though. The seller has 0 feedback and doesn't really seem to have a clue of the guitars importance.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I asked him also for the # yesterday and haven't heard back. Almost looks like a 024 on the case pyramid, but can't tell for sure. He should post some pics of the back.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:39 PM

He revised the listing. Looks like it's number 74. You were close!_
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 07:26 PM

I asked him to post those pics and he responded.

Guitar has no signs of signing however or graphic or number on the back and for how much an LNG would need to be played for that to happen doesnt show on the rest of the guitar....

and yes... 0 feedback..... anyone who would play an LNG that much would DEFINITELY know the importance!
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, pretty keen eye still 024 is close to 074, but this looks like a good deal to me, other than that big nick on the input jack. I know the feedback is an issue, but he seemed to produce some pretty good info, including the serial number being 870080. Some try to say their LNG # is the same as the serial number which is hardly the case.

About the signature, maybe I'm baised because mine is almost rubbed off. I wish I use use some forensic science like lemon juice and a hair dryer to bring it back out. The steve I can bring out with playing with the contrast on a picture, but my 179 can't be seen. Other than that, I happy with the condition of mine.

I just hope value isn't always reliant on a good signature.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMDAVE View Post
Yeah, pretty keen eye still 024 is close to 074, but this looks like a good deal to me, other than that big nick on the input jack. I know the feedback is an issue, but he seemed to produce some pretty good info, including the serial number being 870080. Some try to say their LNG # is the same as the serial number which is hardly the case.

About the signature, maybe I'm baised because mine is almost rubbed off. I wish I use use some forensic science like lemon juice and a hair dryer to bring it back out. The steve I can bring out with playing with the contrast on a picture, but my 179 can't be seen. Other than that, I happy with the condition of mine.

I just hope value isn't always reliant on a good signature.
His revised listing is much better. It definitely looks a lot more legitimate. #6 has the matching serial number to my LNG. It looks like #110 was just posted on our favorite auction site as well. T'is the season I suppose.

The signature is the main reason I'm not playing mine except for on special occasions. My # sign has rubbed off and the number itself is starting to look a little weak towards the beginning. Here's a pic of mine:
[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2iw7muh.jpg[/IMG]

I suppose you could always have Steve resign it!
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 03:55 PM

Mine's weaker on the top and outside edges.

The "#" and "Steve" are still pretty strong though.

post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 04:16 PM

The auction for #74 does look legit. I have #72, which also has a pyramid case, and I believe the "protective tape on the autograph" he is referring to is the rattle can clearcoat that was applied to the sig at Hoshino (after they discovered Steve used a non-permanent marker to sign a bunch of them). My LG also has this spray clearcoat over the signature, and while it has protected mine for 25 years, it's likely had the guitar been played it would still rub off. Mike
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 11:59 AM

I agree with the LNG's surfacing a lot more lately. I wonder why the Pinks are being so quiet??? They should be more common and I rarely see them up.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I'm looking for an SK also, and hope to find a 1987 one so I'll have an all '87 777 collection.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 AM

Very beautiful!

Tags
lng

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode