<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JEM and Universe Guitars

JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:03 AM

Quick question new to forums

Hi guys I was wondering if someone could give a list of differences between jems j cusoms and prestige because I really love the look of jems and steve vai but if the quality is about the same if rather get the best guitar for the money I have owned a few 90-03 mij ibanez and I lover them so looking fur the perfect high end ibby for me thanks in advance
Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 AM

Re: Quick question new to forums

Welcome to Jemsite; yours is a very common discussion topic and it is very subjective. There are a few good threads floating around with titles like "j-custom v. prestige," etc.

Do some searching/reading and then if you have more specific questions post them.

Peace

Mike
Old 04-06-2012, 04:53 PM
(a)
RGTFanatic  is online

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikey Mikey View Post
Welcome to Jemsite; yours is a very common discussion topic and it is very subjective. There are a few good threads floating around with titles like "j-custom v. prestige," etc.

Do some searching/reading and then if you have more specific questions post them.

Peace

Mike
This sums it all up. Without know what you want or need in a guitar it would very difficult to even discuss the different models. It's sort of akin to asking which Les-paul I should get. There's so much variability in all three lines (even on the same models) that, without more input from you, we couldn't be much help.........

Welcome to Jemsite man!!!!

Ryc

Old 04-06-2012, 05:24 PM

I really like the older mij ibanez rg 550 7620 421 are my favorites that I owned I'm not sure if it helps or not. I like basswood and mahog, and prefer 24 frets with daul hums.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
This sums it all up. Without know what you want or need in a guitar it would very difficult to even discuss the different models. It's sort of akin to asking which Les-paul I should get. There's so much variability in all three lines (even on the same models) that, without more input from you, we couldn't be much help.........

Welcome to Jemsite man!!!!

Ryc
THIS!
Best thing to do is just go to the Ibanez catalogs or wiki and compare features. Look at neck dimentions, radius, etc. Pickups can always be changed.
Personally, I love my Jemsite, but also my RG550s, 560s, 570s, and 700 series. So much to chose from.
Just do some research on the models that have features you want.
Make a list of your favorites and come back and start asking about specific models.
There are many of us that have most of the models that will end up on your list, so we'll be waiting...
Old 04-10-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
It's sort of akin to asking which Les-paul I should get.

Ryc

What kind of question is that, 2003 R9 Historic of course.

Do not believe there is much of a quality difference between the Jems i have/had and the Prestige's i owned. If you fee you like to spend more for a handle, 4 scalloped frets and a crooked input jack, knock yourself out
Old 05-15-2012, 12:09 PM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post

Do not believe there is much of a quality difference between the Jems i have/had and the Prestige's i owned. If you fee you like to spend more for a handle, 4 scalloped frets and a crooked input jack, knock yourself out
Who wouldnt want a handle in there guitar?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post

Jem is not just a handle and cosmetic. Its different spec too. I do have Jem 7vwh. However, I don't care about Vai and handle and etc. The reason why i paid almost grand over RG is alder body which is not available in other models except Timmons signature. So I personally disagree that Jem differs only in cosmetic. Otherwise I would go with RG prestige for sure.
P.S Furthermore, I don't really see many alternatives for 7v. Stratocaster style alder body with rosewood fingerboard and floating trem.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:09 PM
(a)
RGTFanatic  is online

Alder is overrated IMO.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Alder is overrated IMO.
I think it's matter of personal preference . I just was trying say that guitars have different specs.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 PM
(a)
RGTFanatic  is online

Quote:
Originally Posted by judoka777 View Post
I think it's matter of personal preference . I just was trying say that guitars have different specs.
Your absolutely right......I forgot to put the smiley after my last post.

Tags
jem j custom

Show/Hide Posting Rules