<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JEM and Universe Guitars

JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:07 PM

Unhappy

So My JEM Is Lost At The Airport

So i flew to Boston with my FP to audition at Berklee for transfer from UC. I get to my hotel and open my case to find that my knobs shattered on the way there. I'm pissed, but I feel better knowing Rich has more.

Well I interview and audition and then i get to Boston Logan airport. I was originally supposed to fly to Chicago then Cincinnati, but they found an earlier flight to DC then Cincy. Sounded good to me, so i took that. So I check my bag and my guitar as I tell them that guitar is fragile. Everything was taken care of; I was good to go.

The whole trip I thought to myself, "Maybe I shouldn't have brought the JEM. What if something were to happen to it?" I felt as if something was going to go wrong. I get to Cincy and wait for my bags. I got my clothes bag and leaned over to my buddy and said, "You know, they better not just put the guitar on the belt so it'll get ****ed up."

They belt stops and they say to talk to the people at the desk if one did not recieve his/her bag(s). So I do so, and apparently they lost the guitar. They said it was on the Chicago flight and that it would be brought to my dorm today. Well, they have yet to do so, but I'm hoping it was on that flight.

I checked the internet and it states:

"Unfortunately, your baggage has not been located. However, we do have it on priority trace. We apologize for any inconvenience we may be causing you. Please check back with us in a few hours for any updated information."

I called them; same deal. I'm freakin' out here haha. Has anyone had this happen? What should I do?
Old 02-25-2007, 01:25 PM
(a)

Re: So My JEM Is Lost At The Airport

Oh Nordy!!! That sucks

Dude....first rule of thumb. NEVER check your Jem in with your other baggage. I'm sure you've seen the way those guys throw things around ALWAYS attempt to carry on a Jem. I've never had a problem getting mine on. Just tell the lady (or guy) at the ticket counter that it's a VERY expensive guitar and the key is to SHOW it to them. Da ladies are suckers for Florals and Vwh's Then, if they won't let carry it on and put in in the over head, then politely ask to have it stowed with the flight attendants gear in the front of the plane and if necessary, show it again It's always worked for me. Sorry.....I guess this isn't really helping since it's after the fact!

Damn! I hope you get her back! KEEP CALLING and DON'T LET UP! until you get her back!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:31 PM

Oh i tryed haha. I was on very small planes and they wouldnt let me haha. Hell I'm on the phone right now with them. Cross your fingers.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:33 PM

Ouch. I really don't know how that would feel, as my main guitar is only worth $200, probably even less with the EMG-81. I'd hate to lose it, but it's not like losing an FP.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:34 PM

Sorry to hear that. I never would have taken a great guitar like that. You should have rented a car and drove with the Jem or bought a cheap guitar to take and than resell it. I.E., went to a pawn shop, pawned the Jem, used that money to buy a cheap guitar, and sold it back to pay to get the Jem back. Your talent would have shined through, a good quality guitar is not needed to show your talent during the audition.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:36 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordhauser View Post
Oh i tryed haha. I was on very small planes and they wouldnt let me haha. Hell I'm on the phone right now with them. Cross your fingers.
You are laughing to keep from crying??
Old 02-25-2007, 01:42 PM

the only thing funny about this is that i knew it would happen haha. eh it's insured for 3k so i think it's a win/win. although, i'd want the guitar back more haha.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:47 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordhauser View Post
the only thing funny about this is that i knew it would happen haha.
One must learn to listen to their intuitions/visions, young Grasshopper
9 times out of 10 they are correct or close.

And STOP laughing already Hell I'm sitting here cryin for ya
Old 02-25-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcard71 View Post
Sorry to hear that. I never would have taken a great guitar like that. You should have rented a car and drove with the Jem or bought a cheap guitar to take and than resell it. I.E., went to a pawn shop, pawned the Jem, used that money to buy a cheap guitar, and sold it back to pay to get the Jem back. Your talent would have shined through, a good quality guitar is not needed to show your talent during the audition.
Yeah, but it gives them an idea that you're serious about your instrument.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:07 PM
(a)

So sorry to hear that, I'm a FP owner and I know it's not about money...
Good luck.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
One must learn to listen to their intuitions/visions, young Grasshopper
9 times out of 10 they are correct or close.

And STOP laughing already Hell I'm sitting here cryin for ya
Yeah, I thought the same thing. If this were me, I would be on a RAMPAGE.

haha
Old 02-25-2007, 02:16 PM
(a)

Sorry to hear that. How long does it have to be gone before they will pay up? BTW, might as well blame the broken knobs on them while you're at it
Old 02-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
Sorry to hear that. How long does it have to be gone before they will pay up? BTW, might as well blame the broken knobs on them while you're at it
Yeah I think I will. I have to inspect the guitar when/if they give it back. I know I didn't break them so I'm sure I'll get away with it. Hell, those factory 'nez knobs are expensive as hell too.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Hey Nord, You'll get your guitar back. Its happened to me with my old 67 Strat, took a week and it came back at 3 in the morning safe and sound.

Always check the airline insurance policies before you go somewhere. Most I have been on have a statement that says something to the effect of "lost or broken we will not cover musical instrument claims".
Old 02-25-2007, 02:57 PM

so that means they can steal instruments.

Tags
locking stud, locking studs

You may also search for:

Show/Hide Posting Rules