Ibanez JEM Forum banner

stings lay to high on my jem77SK

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  hiflyer 
#1 ·
Hi there
I have a little problem with my Jem77SK
I feel the strings lay to high for me, but the screw that holds the tremolo cant go more down. How can i then get the strings to lay closer to the fretboard?

#3 · (Edited)
You did unlock the posts before you tried to adjust them right? You should be able to do this with a 1,5 mm allen wrench. Unlock, adjust height and relock - but not too tight!

Hope that helps your woes.

Edit: Before you unlock, loosen the posts a fraction (as if you wanted to raise the tremolo) so that it'll be easier to unlock. After you've adjusted and relocked, tighten the posts a fraction to secure the lock.

#6 ·
Nice one! The picture helps to explain this a lot.

Make sure the big post is loosened a little (about 1/8 to 1/4 turn) before you attempt to loosen the small screw inside the big post, otherwise you could snap the small screw. Once this has been done, you should be able to make your adjustments. When you're finished tighten the small screw, but not too much. To complete, tighten the big post a little further and I do mean a little - no more than 1/8 of a turn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.