UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested. - Page 16 - Jemsite
JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 259 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 09:57 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 185
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Really? I was pretty sure it was an ATD. It's a tough one though.
RG Loyalist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #227 of 259 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 12:45 PM
 
Brosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oostzaan, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,801
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

It's not an MKR. ATD for sure.
Brosa is offline  
post #228 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monticello, Minnesota USA
Posts: 1
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Hi Rich,
Just sent a pic of my UVMC. Let me know...Thanks, WFrederickson
WFrederickson is offline  
post #229 of 259 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 171
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

So just for fun, I own an ATD UV77MC and was wondering what a rough production number is. Mine is a 1991 with a very nice swirl. I have pics in an old thread. Thanks for the info!!!

Old thread with pictures.
UV77MC Pickup ideas.
chopstix21 is offline  
post #230 of 259 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 09:55 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Hi,

This is a pic of my UV which I own from new in '91 (910424).
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between MKR and ATD? (probably a stupid question so sorry for that).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UV77MC2.jpg (16.7 KB, 5 views)
Brutus is offline  
post #231 of 259 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 PM
 
Brosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oostzaan, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,801
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Itīs a MKR for sure. You can tell by the colours and type of swirl. The MKRīs are a bit washed out and the colours are not as vibrant as the much prefered ATDīs.
Isnīt that UVMC for sale in the Netherlands? It looks familiar. EDIT: just looked it up, yes, itīs for sale and itīs a decent MKR too. Good luck with the sale mate. Iīm sure it will be gone soon.
Brosa is offline  
post #232 of 259 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 171
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

So does anybody know how many ATD`s were produced? Roughly.
chopstix21 is offline  
post #233 of 259 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 10:39 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London
Posts: 16
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

I have this MKR, Look familiar to anyone?

The rest of the guitar is on an OOTS body at the moment, but I am very tempted to change it back!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqYOKo8FHYFHLV(GBR6ZM1gNw!~~60_58.jpg (65.0 KB, 5 views)
bloodfart is offline  
post #234 of 259 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 12:56 PM
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 8
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Possibly the same one that is currently for sale from some British company on Gbase?
Cutler101 is offline  
post #235 of 259 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 05:32 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 789
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfart View Post
I have this MKR, Look familiar to anyone?

The rest of the guitar is on an OOTS body at the moment, but I am very tempted to change it back!
Yes, that's my old one that I had out on commission to Rockers in Denmark St. I got it from a guy in Switzerland I think.



Looks better all together as far as I'm concerned!
Diamond Dave is offline  
post #236 of 259 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 04:22 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London
Posts: 16
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
Yes, that's my old one that I had out on commission to Rockers in Denmark St. I got it from a guy in Switzerland I think.

Looks better all together as far as I'm concerned!
Wow, wasn't expecting much of a reply at all! Thanks for replying, it's great to hear about its past life

I've heard legends of Rockers getting a sh*tload of JEMs in at one point a couple of years ago... don't suppose they came from you? If so, I know the whereabouts of some of them

As far as the body goes, I prefer the look of the MKR, but the body is pretty mint so I can keep it that way by storing it safely
bloodfart is offline  
post #237 of 259 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 04:41 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 789
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfart View Post
Wow, wasn't expecting much of a reply at all! Thanks for replying, it's great to hear about its past life

I've heard legends of Rockers getting a sh*tload of JEMs in at one point a couple of years ago... don't suppose they came from you? If so, I know the whereabouts of some of them

As far as the body goes, I prefer the look of the MKR, but the body is pretty mint so I can keep it that way by storing it safely
Yeah, I had to dump my whole collection when I moved overseas. Some went here and on craigslist, but the bulk went to Rockers initially on commission and then they bought out the whole lot. (Everything you hear about Music Ground is true by the way, I ended up having to threaten court action to get everything I was owed).

I saw a few pop back up but always interested to know where they ended up.
Diamond Dave is offline  
post #238 of 259 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London
Posts: 16
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
Yeah, I had to dump my whole collection when I moved overseas. Some went here and on craigslist, but the bulk went to Rockers initially on commission and then they bought out the whole lot. (Everything you hear about Music Ground is true by the way, I ended up having to threaten court action to get everything I was owed).

I saw a few pop back up but always interested to know where they ended up.
Small world! It's a shame you had to sell everything...

I'm not sure what the Music Ground thing is all about, truth be told I was introduced to JEMs from my friend about a year ago and got hooked on how nicely they played. That same friend bought your DY and VSK, and was drooling over the Universe. Imagine his reaction when I showed it to him! He sold the VSK a while back, and funnily enough the person I bought the Universe from was the VSK's new owner. He still has the DY, and the VSK owner isn't going to be letting it go any time soon.

I don't suppose you had a PMC as part of your collection? I bought one last year (from Rockers) and I've been dying to know about its history. I've attached a pic of it for you to see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (7.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by bloodfart; 09-25-2013 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Attaching image
bloodfart is offline  
post #239 of 259 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 05:53 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 789
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfart View Post
Small world! It's a shame you had to sell everything...

I'm not sure what the Music Ground thing is all about, truth be told I was introduced to JEMs from my friend about a year ago and got hooked on how nicely they played. That same friend bought your DY and VSK, and was drooling over the Universe. Imagine his reaction when I showed it to him! He sold the VSK a while back, and funnily enough the person I bought the Universe from was the VSK's new owner. He still has the DY, and the VSK owner isn't going to be letting it go any time soon.

I don't suppose you had a PMC as part of your collection? I bought one last year (from Rockers) and I've been dying to know about its history. I've attached a pic of it for you to see.
Yes, that was my PMC. I'll send you a PM to avoid derailing this thread too much.
Diamond Dave is offline  
post #240 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 09:44 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Spain
Posts: 190
re: UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

Hello, heres a link to my UV. Can any one tell me if its ATD or MRK? I do not know how to tell the difference. Thanks!

My small Jem family
ebguitars is offline  
Reply

Tags
atd swirl , atd swirls , guitar body , guitar collection , rikk beatty

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jem UV77MC MKR or ATD? IbanezDan JEM and Universe Guitars 27 07-25-2011 06:55 AM
Is my UV77MC an ATD or a MKR? einarbjorn JEM and Universe Guitars 5 03-03-2009 02:02 PM
Ibanez UV77MC ATD or MKR? sledge76 JEM and Universe Guitars 20 11-15-2008 07:16 AM
Wow an MKR UV77MC that sold for more than an ATD! rikkbeatty Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk 19 10-16-2003 10:13 AM
MKR vs. ATD Reswirl? You Be THe Judge (ATD 2K3) RiverKing JEM and Universe Guitars 33 03-11-2003 09:08 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome