Ibanez JEM Forum banner

UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

105K views 275 replies 74 participants last post by  msm944 
#1 · (Edited)
Due to a number of past debates it's time to settle this once and for all. Without accurate production numbers deliniating ATD from MKR production lets do this the old fashioned way, hard work.

If you have a UVMC, if you see one for sale, if you know somebody else that has one, if all you have is a picture of one, I WANT IT!

Pictures are the only thing required. Not 7 pictures from every angle. ONE single picture of the front of the body is enough to tell an ATD from an MKR in 98% of the cases.

Post a link to where a picture can be found, email a picture to me [please, no 17gigabyte files] ALL pictures of original UVMC's welcomed and needed.

Pictures, links to pictures, anything you've got can be emailed directly to me, rich@ibanezrules.com , or can be posted in this thread. I will create pages on my site to post the pictures and let the counting begin!

[Edit] - I've made this a sticky topic. Imho this is the sort of thing Jemsite was originally created for, so I'm giving this thread all the help I can! :) - jono

I'm not sure when this got unstickied, but there would be no wonder why it went dormant for so long. Thanks to [somebody] for bringing it back to the top!

I'll leave the previous stats below and just add current stats over, if this thread lasts another 2 years [and no doubt a few bourd crashes] I'll continue to update [when somebody else resurects it again ;)]

THANKS TO ROBB MURRAY [Lefty Robb to everybody here] for taking the time to sort and photoshop the 34 new guitars added to the pages. 23 were MKR's and 11 were ATD, although I have another 4 ATD's that I forgot about that still need to be done, just so I'm never accused of salting the mine!!

Current total on the page [11/7/06]

ATD - 49
MKR - 86
Unsure - 2 [unchanged]

It's still clearly evident that MKR's far outweigh ATD's, I have no doubt when somebody else resurects this thread in 2008 that the added guitars at that time will reflec the same percentages.

Just to bring the meat to the table, the pics are finally organized.

Count at this time [1/09/2004]

ATD - 38
MKR - 63
Unsure - 2[/b]

Far surpassing the supposed 60 in existence ;)

All pics have been resized to minimize the bandwidth drain. This isn't meant to be a master UVMC Gallery, it's only meant to show as clear [and some of these pics are ultra fuzzy] a front body shot just to be able to diferentiate one from another.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_mkr.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_atd.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_unsure.htm

The following comentary [if any, there sure shouldn't be much arguing now! ;)] starts here

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=280777#280777

THANKS for the pics so far guys!! KEEP them coming but ONLY if the guitar is not already shown on either page, please!! ;)
If you know of an MKR that was reswirled into an ATD please specify.

See less See more
#31 ·
OK, after much delays I STOLE a few hours [6 actually] to get these sorted out, photoshopped [which I'll have to do again as the bandwidth transfer is going to bury me!!] and onto pages.

PLEASE, somebody help me out. I've been comparing swirls so long trying to weed out the duplicate pictures I'm half blind!! If anybody finds a dupe please right click, choose properties, and give me the file # for both, AND their location on the page ie. 5th down is the same as the 31st. ;)

Count at this time

ATD - 35
MKR - 53

Good thing we only have 7 MKR's left to find ;)

These pages are NOT dialup friendly!!!

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_mkr.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_atd.htm

#36 ·
On the MKR page, #'s 22 and 36 are the same guitar. The pictures are uvmc_21a.jpg and 77225.jpg. That used to be my guitar. It was awesome.

I really dig several of those MKRs. Specifically I think #2, 7, 8, 12, 36 and 40 are just sweet. It seems like they were using different colors for those or different paints or something. Not the typical mustard yellow. Anybody else agree?

#37 ·
Thanks Kent, I kept the one with the better color. Replaced it with the one currently on ebay, no change in the count ;)

I've always called those "end of run" swirls, I believe they are and it's where the paint has been so broken up and getting mixed from having many bodies already pulled through it.

Curious how Glen is supiciously absent of comment, considering he's the one that I always had to argue with about this to begin with!!! ;)

#44 ·
I have owned 3 of the MKR's and had them all side by side. 2 of the 3 had the exact same colors. The 3rd (which I still own) and which is #45 in Rich's post is one here the colors mixed and you got some real tight swirl designs. The colors go from pink to orange to ...... weird. lol I love the front and the back looks even cooler!

Compare it to pic# 5 and # 47 (2 of my others) and you wil see the difference.

#45 ·
codnchips said:
Curious how Glen is supiciously absent of comment, considering he's the one that I always had to argue with about this to begin with!!!
:lol: I caused the last debate - It made a good read!......hijacked the thread though! :wink:
what is there to comment on really? photo document 1500+ UV77MCs then we'll have a more scientific tally of production totals AND ratio of MIJ/ATD swirls ;) ...glen

#46 ·
Yea, figured that would be your responce, running.

An 88 guitar sample is PLENTY enough to bunk your claim that there are fewer MKR's than ATD's, period. But you'll probably have the comeback "the next 20 to show could all be ATD's" :roll:

#47 ·
you obviously have never been introduced to the idea of a "scientific sample" and instead would rather jump to conclusions :lol:

right or wrong, to say your methodology is poor is being too generous.

there IS nothing to comment on. I know you feel Darren is several hundred MCs off on HIS counts but i've said repeatedly that i'd wager HEAVILY that Ibanez was the one several hundred off (too low) on the numbers released. for a reasonable guy, why this is still beyond your comprehension level is a mystery ;): ...glen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.