Ibanez JEM Forum banner

UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

105K views 275 replies 74 participants last post by  msm944 
#1 · (Edited)
Due to a number of past debates it's time to settle this once and for all. Without accurate production numbers deliniating ATD from MKR production lets do this the old fashioned way, hard work.

If you have a UVMC, if you see one for sale, if you know somebody else that has one, if all you have is a picture of one, I WANT IT!

Pictures are the only thing required. Not 7 pictures from every angle. ONE single picture of the front of the body is enough to tell an ATD from an MKR in 98% of the cases.

Post a link to where a picture can be found, email a picture to me [please, no 17gigabyte files] ALL pictures of original UVMC's welcomed and needed.

Pictures, links to pictures, anything you've got can be emailed directly to me, rich@ibanezrules.com , or can be posted in this thread. I will create pages on my site to post the pictures and let the counting begin!

[Edit] - I've made this a sticky topic. Imho this is the sort of thing Jemsite was originally created for, so I'm giving this thread all the help I can! :) - jono

I'm not sure when this got unstickied, but there would be no wonder why it went dormant for so long. Thanks to [somebody] for bringing it back to the top!

I'll leave the previous stats below and just add current stats over, if this thread lasts another 2 years [and no doubt a few bourd crashes] I'll continue to update [when somebody else resurects it again ;)]

THANKS TO ROBB MURRAY [Lefty Robb to everybody here] for taking the time to sort and photoshop the 34 new guitars added to the pages. 23 were MKR's and 11 were ATD, although I have another 4 ATD's that I forgot about that still need to be done, just so I'm never accused of salting the mine!!

Current total on the page [11/7/06]

ATD - 49
MKR - 86
Unsure - 2 [unchanged]

It's still clearly evident that MKR's far outweigh ATD's, I have no doubt when somebody else resurects this thread in 2008 that the added guitars at that time will reflec the same percentages.

Just to bring the meat to the table, the pics are finally organized.

Count at this time [1/09/2004]

ATD - 38
MKR - 63
Unsure - 2[/b]

Far surpassing the supposed 60 in existence ;)

All pics have been resized to minimize the bandwidth drain. This isn't meant to be a master UVMC Gallery, it's only meant to show as clear [and some of these pics are ultra fuzzy] a front body shot just to be able to diferentiate one from another.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_mkr.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_atd.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_unsure.htm

The following comentary [if any, there sure shouldn't be much arguing now! ;)] starts here

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=280777#280777

THANKS for the pics so far guys!! KEEP them coming but ONLY if the guitar is not already shown on either page, please!! ;)
If you know of an MKR that was reswirled into an ATD please specify.

See less See more
#53 ·
Rich said:
Why? You've spent the last 5 years making your dumb comments about how the only reson there seemed to be more MKR's was because of the same 10 that kept trading hands publicly ;)
earth to rich...

i owned (not just brokered) THREE mkrs, likely before one ever graced your couch ;)

i have a little bit better grasp on this than you, with ZERO agenda on the issue. ;)

if you want to have a "discussion" then post a fact or two and leave out the hyperbole and BS. until then kindly leave me out of the conversation :p ...glen

#55 ·
jemsite said:
Rich said:
[and Glen hasn't answered if I can use the pics in the Jemsite Gallery for the project]
when did you ask? :) use what you like, just put a small note "use with permission from jemsite.com" please to avoid potential email (this site stole your graphics. lol) :) ....glen
btw - looking at these galleries, as painful to the eyes as they might be, i don't see the permission text as i requested/required. ;) ...glen

#56 ·
The truth too painful for you? ;)

I wasn't trying to make some "Gallery", it's just a body shot that was clear enough to distinguish an individual guitar. Some of them were blown up from thumbnails for christ sake. And still some of the worst ones were from your gallery :lol:

Disclaimer added and thanks for reminding me ;).

#62 ·
jemsite said:
I
don't
care

how many UV77MCs were made by who, when where and why ;)
Is that why you've been arguing about it for 5 years?

jemsite said:
The only think painful, is the annoying dragging me into this "conversation" and me being misquoted.
You were never dragged into anything, you were always the first to argue your [pointless] side of the debate. And you were not misquoted. The words may not be exactly the same but the jist of the quote is entirely correct and you [and everyone else that's been here long enough and read them] know it.

jemsite said:
Updated 3/2004: The above commentary has yeilded alot of pointless debate and discussion among zealots who cannot grasp the concept that Ibanez is a Japanese company who is not forthright in sharing information, even among business associates, to put it kindly.
Evidently you're talking about yourself because I've always known the production totals they give are extremely suspect. My argument has always been that there are more MKR's than ATD's and as slowly and unscientific as the research is, it is showing exactly that, there are more MKR's than ATD's. You refuse to accept anything that isn't written in soapstone, refuse to open your mind and actually see, and the when faced with it your new stance is that you don't care [even after arguing about it forever]. So mature. :lol:

#65 ·
Rich said:
put up, just ONE recent thread, of the MANY over the years.

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=266138#266138
so where is the proof of what you're spewing? i think your reading comprehension is malfunctioning.

let it go, you're presumptions about me are wrong.

show me the fact ibanez made several hundred "more" MKRs (in addition to the several hundred darren did) and i'll gladly update the spec sheet ASAP... glen

#66 ·
My reading comprehension is just fine, but I'm not about to spend hours searching through threads and your posts to find super juicy posts of yours to support the point.

There never will be production number or FIRM numbers dileniating both. The only proof is in the pudding which you refuse to open your eyes to see.

jemsite said:
(in addition to the several hundred darren did)
I'd say he swirled more than that but you're finally starting to come around? ;)

#68 ·
:roll: Gracefully back out however you want, you've spent years arguing there aren't more MKR's than ATD's, basing it on Ibanez totals and the dribble they sold Darren. You refuse to believe they continued to build MKR's in 91' [and possibly even longer] and distributed them around the world everywhere BUT the US for obvious reasons. There is no problem with my reading comprehension, there's a problem with you arguing a failing point, so you just back out of the argument any way you see fit. :lol:

#75 ·
UserName said:
Rich said:
UserName said:
UserName said:
cut.

note that multiple usernames are NOT permitted by forum rule.
What happened to my post? :? Can't we all just get along? :D
Obviously he didn't like what you said ;)
Was it that bad?
The choice was a suspension for violation of the rules or the cut. If you want a suspension i'll cut/paste your post back in (i get them all by email as does rich).

Your choice ;) ...glen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.