Ibanez JEM Forum banner

UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

105K views 275 replies 74 participants last post by  msm944 
#1 · (Edited)
Due to a number of past debates it's time to settle this once and for all. Without accurate production numbers deliniating ATD from MKR production lets do this the old fashioned way, hard work.

If you have a UVMC, if you see one for sale, if you know somebody else that has one, if all you have is a picture of one, I WANT IT!

Pictures are the only thing required. Not 7 pictures from every angle. ONE single picture of the front of the body is enough to tell an ATD from an MKR in 98% of the cases.

Post a link to where a picture can be found, email a picture to me [please, no 17gigabyte files] ALL pictures of original UVMC's welcomed and needed.

Pictures, links to pictures, anything you've got can be emailed directly to me, rich@ibanezrules.com , or can be posted in this thread. I will create pages on my site to post the pictures and let the counting begin!

[Edit] - I've made this a sticky topic. Imho this is the sort of thing Jemsite was originally created for, so I'm giving this thread all the help I can! :) - jono

I'm not sure when this got unstickied, but there would be no wonder why it went dormant for so long. Thanks to [somebody] for bringing it back to the top!

I'll leave the previous stats below and just add current stats over, if this thread lasts another 2 years [and no doubt a few bourd crashes] I'll continue to update [when somebody else resurects it again ;)]

THANKS TO ROBB MURRAY [Lefty Robb to everybody here] for taking the time to sort and photoshop the 34 new guitars added to the pages. 23 were MKR's and 11 were ATD, although I have another 4 ATD's that I forgot about that still need to be done, just so I'm never accused of salting the mine!!

Current total on the page [11/7/06]

ATD - 49
MKR - 86
Unsure - 2 [unchanged]

It's still clearly evident that MKR's far outweigh ATD's, I have no doubt when somebody else resurects this thread in 2008 that the added guitars at that time will reflec the same percentages.

Just to bring the meat to the table, the pics are finally organized.

Count at this time [1/09/2004]

ATD - 38
MKR - 63
Unsure - 2[/b]

Far surpassing the supposed 60 in existence ;)

All pics have been resized to minimize the bandwidth drain. This isn't meant to be a master UVMC Gallery, it's only meant to show as clear [and some of these pics are ultra fuzzy] a front body shot just to be able to diferentiate one from another.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_mkr.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_atd.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_unsure.htm

The following comentary [if any, there sure shouldn't be much arguing now! ;)] starts here

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=280777#280777

THANKS for the pics so far guys!! KEEP them coming but ONLY if the guitar is not already shown on either page, please!! ;)
If you know of an MKR that was reswirled into an ATD please specify.

See less See more
#83 ·
Lol...

I don't want to get involved, at all, but...

What do you, Glen and Rich, need of proof to be convinced either way? One part is trusting numbers given by Darren, and the other distrusting numbers given by Ibanez.

If I understand completely - there shouldn't be a 91-93 MIJ MC ?

Euph

#88 ·
The Euphor said:
I've seen pics of Rich, he's a tiny guy. His neighbour beat him up in his own driveway... Ferris Bueller anyone? :p

You're right, man from Milton Keynes. And I'm NOT going to participate anymore in this thread...

I think Glen is right, though...
:twisted:
I'm 5'9" 165. Don't know where you heard the story but I knocked him out cold and broke my hand in the process. My ER pysicians bill was $268, his was $495 [not including the hospital bill]. So who did what to who?! ;)

Glen is right? About what? :lol:

#89 ·
Rich said:
I'm 5'9" 165. Don't know where you heard the story but I knocked him out cold and broke my hand in the process. So who did what to who?! ;)

Glen is right? About what? :lol:
I know who did what to who. Just trying to tick you off... :twisted:
He he... Sorry! Can't help myself. You guys make me laugh.

As Glen is the reason this site is what it is, he will always be right. :D

#90 ·
:)

Glen evidently likes to spread bogus info then because near every MKR auction you see these days has some blurb about "this is one of the RARE Japanese swirls, only 60 made!" or "the Japanese swirls are much rarer than the American swirls" and every other concoction to that effect. And where ELSE on the net would they read that?! [spec sheet, right here, and the "addition" posted today does NOTHING to squash the falacy]

When fiction becomes fact it's almost impossible to stop it and turn it around [cough**Custom Made**cough]

#91 ·
Rich said:
:0

Glen evidently likes to spread bogus info then because near every MKR auction you see these days has some blurb about "this is one of the RARE Japanese swirls, only 60 made!" or "the Japanese swirls are much rarer than the American swirls" and every other concoction to that effect. And where ELSE on the net would they read that?! [spec sheet, right here, and the "addition" posted today does NOTHING to squash the falacy]
case closed... finally here's your... modus operandi ;)

too bad you conviently leave out the big picture of what is posted on the spec sheet. i take ZERO responsibility for people being outright fraudulent and deceitful. you should really know better... glen

ps - i'll just made a small edit to the spec sheet so you your diapers stay dry longer :p

#92 ·
Earth to Glen, it STARTED over that to begin with!! You have helped to perpetuate this by NOT updating that with a blanket statement LONG ago. Whether your statements or not, you knew there weren't 60 MKR's [at least I would hope you're at least smart enough to have realized that long ago] but you allowed the disinformation to perpetuate. If you wrote it or not is inconsequential, they read it here, they believe it. ;)

#93 ·
Rich said:
Earth to Glen, it STARTED over that to begin with!! You have helped to perpetuate this by NOT updating that with a blanket statement LONG ago. Wether your statements or not, you knew there weren't 60 MKR's[at least I would hope you're at least smart enough to have realized that long ago] but you allowed the disinformation to perpetuate. If you wrote it or not is inconsequential, they read it here, they believe it. ;)
You get my nomination for putz of the month ;)

Gee, i always thought there were 60 made until today... ROTFLMAO :roll: :lol:

All this babble and you should have emailed me weeks/months ago "hey glen... put this blurb in regarding MKR totals cause idiots are misquoting it on ebay".

I DON'T FOLLOW EBAY or other classified ads anywhere... glen

#96 ·
It's been discussed in many of our "arguments" right here [no, I'm not about to waste hours serching through thousands of posts to find a few of them]. You ignored and never did anything to correct.

You just keep backtracking and soon you'll find a way out of this argument. The numbers themselves will tell the story and eventually even you'll have to conceed. I have 14 more to add tonight.

Now if you'll excuse me I need a diaper change! ;)

#97 ·
I too am waiting to see this saga end solely for the purpose of never having to witness another auction or ad claiming "one of the rare 60 japanese swirls". I cringe every time I see it.

Rich, without giving too much away, can you put a rough number on how many submitted MC's you've tallied so far? 100? 500? etc?

#98 ·
spike_s_27 said:
Rich, without giving too much away, can you put a rough number on how many submitted MC's you've tallied so far? 100? 500? etc?
:lol:

You evidently breezed past the links, I keep updating the first post of the thread ;)

Total now is 98 UVMC's, and I can tell you right now, that's ALOT of guitars [especially when you've sorted that out from about 180 pictures with many many duplicates].

#100 ·
Rich said:
Total now is 98 UVMC's, and I can tell you right now, that's ALOT of guitars [especially when you've sorted that out from about 180 pictures with many many duplicates].
well i had 36-ish pictured already, many more i "rejected" for the gallery due to poor quality so in almost 7 years of jemsite we have less than 100 collected. Whoop-de-doo. Using a concensus guestimate this is 5-10% of the total made, you can see we've taken just a few baby steps up mt everest... glen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.