Ibanez JEM Forum banner

UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

105K views 275 replies 74 participants last post by  msm944 
#1 · (Edited)
Due to a number of past debates it's time to settle this once and for all. Without accurate production numbers deliniating ATD from MKR production lets do this the old fashioned way, hard work.

If you have a UVMC, if you see one for sale, if you know somebody else that has one, if all you have is a picture of one, I WANT IT!

Pictures are the only thing required. Not 7 pictures from every angle. ONE single picture of the front of the body is enough to tell an ATD from an MKR in 98% of the cases.

Post a link to where a picture can be found, email a picture to me [please, no 17gigabyte files] ALL pictures of original UVMC's welcomed and needed.

Pictures, links to pictures, anything you've got can be emailed directly to me, rich@ibanezrules.com , or can be posted in this thread. I will create pages on my site to post the pictures and let the counting begin!

[Edit] - I've made this a sticky topic. Imho this is the sort of thing Jemsite was originally created for, so I'm giving this thread all the help I can! :) - jono

I'm not sure when this got unstickied, but there would be no wonder why it went dormant for so long. Thanks to [somebody] for bringing it back to the top!

I'll leave the previous stats below and just add current stats over, if this thread lasts another 2 years [and no doubt a few bourd crashes] I'll continue to update [when somebody else resurects it again ;)]

THANKS TO ROBB MURRAY [Lefty Robb to everybody here] for taking the time to sort and photoshop the 34 new guitars added to the pages. 23 were MKR's and 11 were ATD, although I have another 4 ATD's that I forgot about that still need to be done, just so I'm never accused of salting the mine!!

Current total on the page [11/7/06]

ATD - 49
MKR - 86
Unsure - 2 [unchanged]

It's still clearly evident that MKR's far outweigh ATD's, I have no doubt when somebody else resurects this thread in 2008 that the added guitars at that time will reflec the same percentages.

Just to bring the meat to the table, the pics are finally organized.

Count at this time [1/09/2004]

ATD - 38
MKR - 63
Unsure - 2[/b]

Far surpassing the supposed 60 in existence ;)

All pics have been resized to minimize the bandwidth drain. This isn't meant to be a master UVMC Gallery, it's only meant to show as clear [and some of these pics are ultra fuzzy] a front body shot just to be able to diferentiate one from another.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_mkr.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_atd.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_unsure.htm

The following comentary [if any, there sure shouldn't be much arguing now! ;)] starts here

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=280777#280777

THANKS for the pics so far guys!! KEEP them coming but ONLY if the guitar is not already shown on either page, please!! ;)
If you know of an MKR that was reswirled into an ATD please specify.

See less See more
#103 ·
Not at all Glen, But in 2/3 years time the totals will have grown, With some luck, in the meantime i add this, There are'nt very many ATD's in the UK that i have come across, Yes there are a few, No-where near as many as there are Jap Swirls tho, I feel the opposite is largly true stateside

With all the speculating going on, And it is mostly speculative, It's going to be sometime before we reach a conclusion we can all agree on :)

In the meantime, Back to debating 8)

Rob

p.s. Hell you both know more than me anyhoo

#104 ·
jemsite said:
well i had 36-ish pictured already, many more i "rejected" for the gallery due to poor quality so in almost 7 years of jemsite we have less than 100 collected. Whoop-de-doo. Using a concensus guestimate this is 5-10% of the total made, you can see we've taken just a few baby steps up mt everest... glen
You can be such a putz sometimes.

ANY scientist would be tickled to DEATH to have a random sample survey of 10%!!!! 10% is a HUGE percent for a random sample, period. And IMO it's large enough to show results, which it does.

The whole point is there IS a predominance of MKR's, period. No matter how many more are added you should see the percentage stay fairly constant somewhere around 60/40 MKR. When I get another day to waste I'll go through 10,000 emails with attachments and weed out all the UVMC's, but I already know those additions will be heavily predominant MKR, because MKR's ARE predominant. If I had saved every picture of a UVMC I've ever seen the percentage still wouldn't change, predominant MKR all the way.

If you consider "[editors note - the 60 number is WAY off due to deceitful practices by Ibanez Japan]." strong enough to kill the falacy that has become fact, it's not. 70 guitars is WAY more than 60. More appropriet would have been "The percentages of MKR's to ATD's will never be know for fact but there is a and has always been a predominance of MKR's on the market and in collections", but of course I'll just have to write it up the way I see it when I do a couple special model page notes on my site ;)

And sometime maybe you could explain how these [among others] made your *pretigious* cut. :lol:

#105 ·
*yawn*

keep typing and i'll nominate you for putz of the year 2004 :) 8) ...glen

ps - i'll edit that so you kindly STFU about this already :D

pss - you have no clue about "collections" (unless you have hidden cameras worldwide) so i'll remove that word and replace it with "ATDs are generally speaking more highly regarded"

#107 ·
jemsite said:
pss - you have no clue about "collections" (unless you have hidden cameras worldwide) so i'll remove that word and replace it with "ATDs are generally speaking more highly regarded"
Oh no, I have NO idea, nobody ever shares anything. What percent of your gallery is in collections? :roll:

#110 ·
:roll: most of those MCs have been sold 2-3x over. you can spin the "collections" angle.

Rich said:
The percentages of MKR's to ATD's will never be know for fact but there is a and has always been a predominance of MKR's on the market and in collections
proofreading is your friend... i assume you're debating ATDs are more likely to be in someone's "collections" than MKRs? (opposite of what you posted).

I'll let you speculate wildly and post this is more factual info, without supposition. hopefully you meant so say this... which AGAIN will be added ...

The percentages of MKR's to ATD's will never be know for fact but there has always been a predominance of MKR's on the market. ATDs are generally speaking more highly regarded and desirous.

#111 ·
No, I meant it how I said it. Plenty of them are pics people sent because they OWN them and want to show them off. :roll:

I'd like to see some proof that all the UVMC's in your gallery have now been resold 2-3x over. Talk about wild speculation LOLOLOLOL

[btw, the ones that WERE on the market are NOW in somebodies collection right? jeez, good thing you don't work for NASA, we'd still be trying to get into orbit!]

#112 ·
Rich said:
No, I meant it how I said it. Plenty of them are pics people sent because they OWN them and want to show them off. :roll:

I'd like to see some proof that all the UVMC's in your gallery have now been resold 2-3x over. Talk about wild speculation LOLOLOLOL

[btw, the ones that WERE on the market are NOW in somebodies collection right? jeez, good thing you don't work for NASA, we'd still be trying to get into orbit!]
are you for real? i don't think you were even around when the galleries went up now that i think about it.... but you should still know the obvious...

every axe on pages 2-5 was resold SEVERAL times except i'd say Larry's (well that was sold a few times before HE bought it) and maybe one other. I didn't even flip to page 6. I stopped putting NAMES on there due to this obvious fact. Duh.

Someone buys an axe... "look what i got"... shows it off... and it's sold again soon. Repeat, repeat, repeat. ;) ...glen

#113 ·
jemsite said:
most of those MCs have been sold 2-3x over. you can spin the "collections" angle.
Rich said:
btw - learn to read

i said MOST not ALL.

if you want to put your $$$ where your mouth is... lets arrange a wager on this gallery reselling issue. if not, you need to pipe down as you're posting irresponsibly :p ...glen

#115 ·
jemsite said:
i said MOST not ALL.

if you want to put your $$$ where your mouth is... lets arrange a wager on this gallery reselling issue. if not, you need to pipe down as you're posting irresponsibly :p ...glen
I'll put mine where my mouth is if you put yours where the sun don't shine ;)

Guitars will always be bought and sold, and when they're NOT being bought or sold then they're IN somebodies collection, right? Or do you need to go back to night school to get a degree in common sense to understand that?

#119 ·
Hi, I ve got 2 of them. Both japanese swirls. I m living in Mexico for the moment, and my guitars (those two) are in argentina. I think I have a couple of photos in my PC at home (Im at work now). I ll put them here later. But, jsut for the record, I m sure that at least 4 or 5 of them were imported to argentina in the early 90s, and ALL of them were japanese swirls.

#120 ·
I been reading this site for the last 3 years (althought I almost never post). It has been an endless source of information for wich i m thankfull. This site and Ibanezrules are both amazing, and it s really sad to see glen and rich (both intelligent and infromated people) argue and fight about the most ridiculous issues. I think that this is the impression that a lot of people have. I dont know what kind of problem, or missunderstanging you guys have, but the overall effect that your endless fights generate is counterporductive to the increible and amazing amount of information, understanding and tolerance that i ve come used to see in this site.

just my 2cents.

#121 ·
you can relax and don't take it too seriously as i sure don't. 8) There are no hidden misunderstandings or issues or even "endess fights". The debate here has zero effect on gettings things done and other than wasting a few keystrokes & reading time is not counterproductive really :) ...glen

#122 ·
What many don't realize is that Glen and I ONLY argue here, and at the exact time we're arguing here we'll be writing each other privately normally discussing other things without a word to what we type here. Kinda uncany isn't it Glen? Besides, if you didn't make such dumb arguments I wouldn't have much to argue about ;)

#123 ·
Rich said:
What many don't realize is that Glen and I ONLY argue here, and at the exact time we're arguing here we'll be writing each other privately normally discussing other things without a word to what we type here. Kinda uncany isn't it Glen?
And just how exactly are people to know that?? Hmm?? Ever thought about that?? Hmm? No, right? Didn't think so. Oh no.
Besides that, it doesn't matter, because in here, you are acting like little kids. That's right, spoiled little stampfooting shouting kids [1]. It hurts the eyes of everyone who dares to look into these threads. And what pisses me of even more is that I can't join, because then Glen would kill my account instantly. And that has to do with the second reason you bring up:
Besides, if you didn't make such dumb arguments I wouldn't have much to argue about ;)
Now that is logic in optima forma.

All kidding aside folks, don't ever worry that Rich and Glen will kill each other. If Glen gets too close, Rich will raise a nicotine-laden smoke curtain (sheilds up!) that will drive Glen away in a flash. Vice versa, Glen could have a caffeine breath that would curl the wood of off Rich's walls in a sec.

[1] Next time you read one of these bickering threads, imagine/visualize that while reading it, it's hilarious..

Ok, enough (failed)humor in this thread, go back to shouting and cursing please.

#125 ·
Rich said:
Old timers would know that because it has been stated many times.
I've been here for ages, and I've only seen it in PM's.
Every now and then it needs to be said for the newcommers.
I vote for making it part of the FAQ. Somthing like:
"Q- Why are you allways shouting at each other?'
"A- Since we use the digital medium of internet, we can't have a good pissing or dicksize contest, that's why we need to find other ways of releasing our fustrations. And Rich allways bites."

It's all a North vs. South, nicotine vs. caffine, intelligence vs stupidity thing anyway ;)
So I win then? ;)
--
J.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.