Ibanez JEM Forum banner

UV77MC production: ATD vs MKR. Everybody's help requested.

105K views 275 replies 74 participants last post by  msm944 
#1 · (Edited)
Due to a number of past debates it's time to settle this once and for all. Without accurate production numbers deliniating ATD from MKR production lets do this the old fashioned way, hard work.

If you have a UVMC, if you see one for sale, if you know somebody else that has one, if all you have is a picture of one, I WANT IT!

Pictures are the only thing required. Not 7 pictures from every angle. ONE single picture of the front of the body is enough to tell an ATD from an MKR in 98% of the cases.

Post a link to where a picture can be found, email a picture to me [please, no 17gigabyte files] ALL pictures of original UVMC's welcomed and needed.

Pictures, links to pictures, anything you've got can be emailed directly to me, rich@ibanezrules.com , or can be posted in this thread. I will create pages on my site to post the pictures and let the counting begin!

[Edit] - I've made this a sticky topic. Imho this is the sort of thing Jemsite was originally created for, so I'm giving this thread all the help I can! :) - jono

I'm not sure when this got unstickied, but there would be no wonder why it went dormant for so long. Thanks to [somebody] for bringing it back to the top!

I'll leave the previous stats below and just add current stats over, if this thread lasts another 2 years [and no doubt a few bourd crashes] I'll continue to update [when somebody else resurects it again ;)]

THANKS TO ROBB MURRAY [Lefty Robb to everybody here] for taking the time to sort and photoshop the 34 new guitars added to the pages. 23 were MKR's and 11 were ATD, although I have another 4 ATD's that I forgot about that still need to be done, just so I'm never accused of salting the mine!!

Current total on the page [11/7/06]

ATD - 49
MKR - 86
Unsure - 2 [unchanged]

It's still clearly evident that MKR's far outweigh ATD's, I have no doubt when somebody else resurects this thread in 2008 that the added guitars at that time will reflec the same percentages.

Just to bring the meat to the table, the pics are finally organized.

Count at this time [1/09/2004]

ATD - 38
MKR - 63
Unsure - 2[/b]

Far surpassing the supposed 60 in existence ;)

All pics have been resized to minimize the bandwidth drain. This isn't meant to be a master UVMC Gallery, it's only meant to show as clear [and some of these pics are ultra fuzzy] a front body shot just to be able to diferentiate one from another.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_mkr.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_atd.htm

http://www.ibanezrules.com/uvmc_unsure.htm

The following comentary [if any, there sure shouldn't be much arguing now! ;)] starts here

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=280777#280777

THANKS for the pics so far guys!! KEEP them coming but ONLY if the guitar is not already shown on either page, please!! ;)
If you know of an MKR that was reswirled into an ATD please specify.

See less See more
#9 ·
I doubt it'll be a "Gallery" linked to my site, just a couple private pages of which I'll edit my first post and add the URL [after a crapload of photoshopping to size]

25 UVMC's so far today, jeez you guys are good!!

Mine Fuerer, permission to use the contents of the Jemsite Gallery for these pages?

#15 ·
No idea, I've got 59 pics but I'm sure there's a few dupes mixed in, and I've got no serious time to put this together this week [painters starting on mom's tomorrow and namm coming quick].

[and Glen hasn't answered if I can use the pics in the Jemsite Gallery for the project]

#19 ·
Rich said:
No idea, I've got 59 pics but I'm sure there's a few dupes mixed in, and I've got no serious time to put this together this week [painters starting on mom's tomorrow and namm coming quick].

[and Glen hasn't answered if I can use the pics in the Jemsite Gallery for the project]
Ya if you need help i'm in , time to put this debate to bed (for good)

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.