Any other American Master owners still here? - Page 3 - Jemsite
J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars Discussion about USA Custom, USRG, American Masters, Prestige and J-Custom Ibanez 6-string Guitars.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:10 PM

Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Here's my MA2, which sits in my JEM7VWH case never being used. The strings are probably more than twenty years old, lol. At one point, I must have gone overboard with the scotch-bright pad on the back, as you can see. Haha. Guess I should have just stayed on the neck with that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstack View Post
Here's my MA2, which sits in my JEM7VWH case never being used. The strings are probably more than twenty years old, lol. At one point, I must have gone overboard with the scotch-bright pad on the back, as you can see. Haha. Guess I should have just stayed on the neck with that.

Nice!
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Since we've got some images going in the thread, may as well show my baby off. She actually has a set of Suhr Aldrich pickups installed now, but out of the hundred or so Ibanez I've owned over the years, including Jems, J-Customs, Prestige, and golden era 700 series, this one is hands down the best playing and sounding of any I've ever played. It'll go to the grave with me.

I love the inlays on these so much I've had them duplicated for a couple of custom builds I have in the works. Classiest inlays ever IMO.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
Since we've got some images going in the thread, may as well show my baby off. She actually has a set of Suhr Aldrich pickups installed now, but out of the hundred or so Ibanez I've owned over the years, including Jems, J-Customs, Prestige, and golden era 700 series, this one is hands down the best playing and sounding of any I've ever played. It'll go to the grave with me.

I love the inlays on these so much I've had them duplicated for a couple of custom builds I have in the works. Classiest inlays ever IMO.
Nice guitar for sure. The best thing about the American Master guitars is how easy it is to use the higher frets. Other than that, I actually prefer the JEM7V.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:39 PM

Reviews: 1

Agreed on the inlays. Unusual for an Ibanez but love them as well. Have the same ones on my UCEW.

post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead52 View Post
Agreed on the inlays. Unusual for an Ibanez but love them as well. Have the same ones on my UCEW.

Nice! They're the same inlays as my 82 AR300 as well. I think they originated on the higher end Artist series back in the day.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:38 AM

Agree on the inlays they one best looking features on the guitar.

Tags
american master

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode