Any other American Master owners still here? - Jemsite
J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars Discussion about USA Custom, USRG, American Masters, Prestige and J-Custom Ibanez 6-string Guitars.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Any other American Master owners still here?

I know some folks here at least previously owned them, but haven't seen or heard them referenced in a while. Just curious to see how many are still floating around out there in Jemsiter's hands. I'm so paranoid of damaging mine that i don't play it as often as it deserves, but every time I take it out of the case, I'm simply floored by how awesome these guitars were in every aspect. I'd take it over any of the J-Customs I've owned any day. And that's no slight to J-Custom guitars. There are very few guitars that I've come across that have that magic "it" that these did.

Also, anyone know if Roger Gresco is still building? Can't find much about him on the web.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 01:42 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Any other American Master owners still here?

Man, I wish!! I once held an MA2HSH that I fell in love with.......... It was selling new ('90) for around $1k. I ended up with an RG770 instead............ that was my first new Ibby.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 12:19 AM

I own two. 1990 series # 78, I have owned it almost 23 years, original owner. I bought a badly damaged one about three or four years ago and my luthier brought it back to life. I will buy every one that comes on eBay if I can.
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM

Hi There,
I have an American Master MA3HH in very good condition. There are not more than 70 - 75 around. Extremely rare and believe me the best Ibanez Rg ever made. Generally one of the best rock guitars ever made in the US.
Sadly Roger Gresco, lined up with the cheap Chinese guitar manufacturers and today they are selling millions of cheap guitar. I think the name starts with a Mono....
However, I understand how he feels. Since there is no real recognition for his high end work in the US & Europe, he decided to go for the big money that the Chinese offer him now. Apparently, even those cheap guitars are good value for money. This luthier was and still is among the first 5 in the world. I happen to know his story very well and what this guy knows about guitars is unreal.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 08:13 PM

Hi guys, I own an MA3hh cherry burst. #49
I was lucky, it was the first nice Ibby (above a 470xl) that I bought
I play it all the time its amazing, now all the next in my collection will have to hold up against it... We will see
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 09:34 AM

I'd gladly trade my 2 USA Custom's for 1 American Master.......
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 06:57 PM

Just finished cleaning up a MA2hsh bk I purchased on ebay (for a great price) it arrived with a very heavy coat of nicotine and surface rust but it cleaned up great serial number 12 just had to brag.....
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACS-plus View Post
Just finished cleaning up a MA2hsh bk I purchased on ebay (for a great price) it arrived with a very heavy coat of nicotine and surface rust but it cleaned up great serial number 12 just had to brag.....
Happy NGD to you... so now, come on and post some pics! Can't believe there's been no pics in this thread yet
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVaibes View Post
Happy NGD to you... so now, come on and post some pics! Can't believe there's been no pics in this thread yet
well if this site would host the pics they would be..... i hate all of those image hosting sites............. I will see what i can do
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 06:21 PM

doh... it says " To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 2 posts."
i have plan
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 06:23 PM

i'll just reply a few times apparently 30 seconds between each reply
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 06:23 PM

<sigh>
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 06:29 PM

now for some pics 1990 MA2 HSH BK sorry for the ebay pics

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 06:50 PM
Vendor

I had one of those 15 years ago. Still one of the best resonating guitars I ever had.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACS-plus View Post
now for some pics 1990 MA2 HSH BK sorry for the ebay pics

Badass man! made me want one too...

Tags
american master

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode