<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars

J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars Discussion about USA Custom, USRG, American Masters, Prestige and J-Custom Ibanez 6-string Guitars.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:55 PM

Reviews: 11

Re: Does the Vine affect tone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Maybe the abalone sounds BETTER than the wood!!! That's why it's reserved for only the top flight guitars!!!
Schecter Hellraisers are NOT top flight guitars
Old 12-14-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
Schecter Hellraisers are NOT top flight guitars
my hellraisers kick serious ass for what they are. i have a whole slew of japanese ibanez's to pit them against, too.

rich
Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM

Reviews: 37

For even the thought of this question means alot of people have no life and are super weird.

I give these people for now on the name (tonalanalologists).

I mean come on with the way different amps make a guitar sound and even the change in temparture of the air how could you possibly even care to notice how a vine effects the tone in any way.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfury View Post
For even the thought of this question means alot of people have no life and are super weird
Tons and tons and......................tons
Old 12-14-2012, 04:44 PM

Pearl vines have more aggressive mids than abalone vines.

Rich
Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 PM
(a)

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
Pearl vines have more aggressive mids than abalone vines.

Rich
Really? How can you make that type of subjective assessment accurately unless you used the exact same guitar with the exact same neck and switched out the pearl inlay for abalone inlay and re-tested? In no way am I trying to disrespect your knowledge, skills, expertise and opinion - I'm respectfully asking the question because I often wonder how people can make these types of tonal assessments accurately...
Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
Really? How can you make that type of subjective assessment accurately unless you used the exact same guitar with the exact same neck and switched out the pearl inlay for abalone inlay and re-tested? In no way am I trying to disrespect your knowledge, skills, expertise and opinion - I'm respectfully asking the question because I often wonder how people can make these types of tonal assessments accurately...
Easy=

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfury View Post
alot of people have no life and are super weird.
Knowledge, skills, expertise and opinion?
Yeah about nothing.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
sarcasm......

i could care less about the tonal qualities of the inlay. that's like saying gold hardware has a tighter low end than chrome.

rich
Old 12-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Reviews: 10

This thread walks a fine line between those to play in on the humor and those who are confused about it .

The original intention was to say just play the darn axes and have fun, with or without vine, premium flame top, titanium rod, hotdog fret ends, and what not.

But with vine still does sound better than no vine.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:04 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty13ibz98 View Post
sarcasm......

that's like saying gold hardware has a tighter low end than chrome.

rich
When everyone knows that gold has a tighter low end, but chrome has more pronounced upper mids.

rich, dude, you're such a joker
Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
rich, dude, you're such a joker
thank you, sir!
trying to keep things at least semi-lighthearted here in a world where some of us tend to take ourselves just a bit too seriously.

rich
Old 12-15-2012, 11:46 AM

Placebo matters, that's why it's important. You can't honestly say "I really don't like the colour of this shirt, but I will feel as with this shirt at the party as if I wore my favorite shirt". Even if the two are made of the same piece of fabric, one being slightly faded from sunlight, they will not make you react the same way to whatever comes your way at the party.

Same thing with guitars (and amps and pedals) with and without inlays. If you are as happy as you can be with a guitar it is better for you than a guitar you are 99% happy with. Tone is perceived, it's not an absolute value. When you prepare a home theater, you place the microphone (if this makes no sense to you, just skip it) where you ear would be. Same thing at a concert, the sound guy is the one with the best sound - from his point of hearing. Concrete floor vs wooden floor, high vs low ceiling. You know it matters, as you can hear it. Vine inlays or not matters, because you are either at 100% or not. When you are at 100% things sound better.

This is taught in kindergartens all over Greenland.

Tags
8470fe, j custom

Show/Hide Posting Rules