<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars

J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars Discussion about USA Custom, USRG, American Masters, Prestige and J-Custom Ibanez 6-string Guitars.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM

NGD Prestige RG: which model did I get?

Hey guys, NGD for me but I don't know exactly what this is...

Prestige RG: can you pros tell me which model I got?

Here are 6 pics:

http://www.guitaristallstyles.com/ngd-rg-prestige.html

Thanks for any input/ info, much appreciated!
-Strad
Old 02-02-2013, 10:15 PM

Re: NGD Prestige RG: which model did I get?

Looks like a RG1570-GN.
http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG1570
Old 02-03-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AySay View Post
Looks like a RG1570-GN.
http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG1570
Thanks, AySay!

So what's the consensus on these- pretty decent guitar?

I know the pups need to go...or not?

I have no point of reference other than Vai and Satch recordings and obviously these don't sound like Vai or Satch but then again Vai or Satch are not playing my guitar...that would be ME.

It seems everyone here swaps pups regardless of the Ibanez unless it's a Jem or something. And even then sometimes they do.

So, any pup recommendations or are the stock pups fine?

Are they junk?

I want to get the very most out of the guitar obviously.

Thanks again and input appreciated. I do love the neck on this thing, WOW.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 PM

Also mine is a 2004 and it says in 2005 they went from 3 piece to 5 piece necks.

So am I in trouble with such a thin 3 piece neck?

Obviously they went to 5 piece for a reason...

Now I am worried this thing is gonna twist on me or something.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradovarious View Post
Also mine is a 2004 and it says in 2005 they went from 3 piece to 5 piece necks.

So am I in trouble with such a thin 3 piece neck?

Obviously they went to 5 piece for a reason...

Now I am worried this thing is gonna twist on me or something.
I personally much prefer the feel and profile of the three piece to the five piece. I've had many of each, and have never had any issue with either.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
I personally much prefer the feel and profile of the three piece to the five piece. I've had many of each, and have never had any issue with either.

Cool. Much appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 AM

Reviews: 2

Grey Nickel for sure. Nice one. Congrats.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 AM
(a)

Deep breath, no need to freak out. You have a fine guitar there. The neck should be just fine. As for the pickups, don't worry about what people here do. Listen to them and if you like them, keep them. If not, then change them. Pretty simple.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stone View Post
Deep breath, no need to freak out. You have a fine guitar there. The neck should be just fine. As for the pickups, don't worry about what people here do. Listen to them and if you like them, keep them. If not, then change them. Pretty simple.
Thanks guys, and Jason Stone, I appreciate that, good point. The grass seems always greener when it comes to pups, right? Especially if you spend too much time on forums.

I may try out a few different neck pups, neck is where I play most. Then again maybe not, sure sounds incredible as-is.

$425 with case and candy, it's a molded J Craft case, a 2004 axe, I did okay?

Didn't really know what I was getting, was a 550 player just expanding my horizons from Strat-land.

Saw the words "Prestige", "Japan" "2004" and almost zero fret wear. Plus saw that case and candy and thought there's no way this is overpriced so I just went for it.

The Strat necks feel like telephone poles now. But I can go back and forth it just takes few minutes to adjust, using classical left hand position anything can be adjusted too.

Thing is now I gotta have 24 frets there are no two ways about it. Period.

I feel like if anyone were to lightly sand the back of that neck the truss rod would be exposed, lol!

(No I ain't sanding anything, love the neck finish).

Last edited by Stradovarious; 02-08-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 PM

awesome rg1570gn...congrats on the price too..no need to worry about the neck,you will not have any problems..enjoy it..
Old 02-11-2013, 10:42 PM

Nice looking axe man. Congrats. I personally love those V7/S1/V8 pups, they seem a little weak, but with a little bit of boosting, they are REALLY nice.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 AM

Thanks guys. Really digging this guitar! There is used (MINT) one in candy apple red, a 2008 w the 5 piece neck at the local shop, just came in on a trade, they are asking $599 FIRM- again it comes with the case and all the candy...

That guitar is literally like-new perfect, not a scratch...why am I feeling this compulsion to go AND BUY ANOTHER? When I just recently got a nice '04...?

It's completely irrational.

Perhaps I need a "backup?

Good price for an '08 in such perfect condition, I think...I think....I think I'm gonna buy it
Old 02-12-2013, 05:59 AM

I know what it's called here, don't tell me...nope not "OCD"...here you guys call it "GAS", right?

I have serious GAS for this, I was sleeping dreaming of MINT candy apple red Prestige 1570...

Such beautiful curves on her...

Used to dream about Jenny McCarthy but now...GUITARS?

Something very very wrong with this...
Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 PM

the V7 and V8 do just fine if you are around standard tuning. if you try to got to Drop C and lower etc. they suck imo. There is a thread somewhere in this forum that is a tutorial for doing the magnet swap. I did the swap and it sounds much better. It makes the output of your neck pickup higher than that of the bridge. If that is something you dont want than dont do it. Its worth a try its a free mod and imo it sounds better. That is a really great guitar it looks like a no nonsense axe. Take care of that bad boy for all of us
Old 02-13-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nci2c0 View Post
the V7 and V8 do just fine if you are around standard tuning. if you try to got to Drop C and lower etc. they suck imo. There is a thread somewhere in this forum that is a tutorial for doing the magnet swap. I did the swap and it sounds much better. It makes the output of your neck pickup higher than that of the bridge. If that is something you dont want than dont do it. Its worth a try its a free mod and imo it sounds better. That is a really great guitar it looks like a no nonsense axe. Take care of that bad boy for all of us
They are a little weak in half step down also. I've been using em in half step down for awhile but they lack a little power (maybe I'm comparing em to my evos, which I shouldnt really do, but even the Dimarzio IBZs sound better in half tone down).

Tags
model, prestige

Show/Hide Posting Rules