<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars

J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars Discussion about USA Custom, USRG, American Masters, Prestige and J-Custom Ibanez 6-string Guitars.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM

Exclamation

Re: Post pictures of your Prestiges or J-Customs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV-7-BK View Post
MY GOD THATS AWESOME!!! Shes been on my want list for years
That's a gorgeous piece of wood - I'd love to see one of those in person to try it out.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:22 PM

Reviews: 2

Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 PM

Thats actually a really cool pic! Artsy effect! And nice gtr too!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM

Ultra cool!
Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYLD STALLYNS View Post
very nice...1st time i've seen this...
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelIV View Post
S1520NT, spent two weeks pulling it apart, waiting on parts, putting it back together.
Dimarzio Breeds, solderless pickup wiring system, ebony knobs, brand-spankin'-new Edge Pro in place of the Lo Pro, brass claw, noiseless springs, brass block on the way. Being dropped off at a luthier for some fret R&R although it plays very, very well now. Trying to bring my guitars, one at a time, into work for some proper photos.

Which solderless wiring system did you go with? and how do you like the tone?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 AM

I made my own from scratch actually as there's nothing commercially available unless you're running EMG's. I removed the Breed pickups as they just weren't working for me and I now have a set of Dimarzio 36th's in there. It does a mean impression of an SG this way with dirt and cleans up well with the tone rolled back for more Bonamassa-like solos. Doesn't have the girth of a good LP but it's damn close and plays a whole lot faster. Sort of fits a niche in my guitar palate. Which is good. I almost decided to sell it. It's tied as my favorite neck but I wasn't liking the tone until I swapped pickups. Glad I switched them out! I have a Crunchlab/Liquifire set I was going to try as well, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Plus they're white and are for a build I'm working on.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I made my own from scratch actually as there's nothing commercially available unless you're running EMG's. I removed the Breed pickups as they just weren't working for me and I now have a set of Dimarzio 36th's in there. It does a mean impression of an SG this way with dirt and cleans up well with the tone rolled back for more Bonamassa-like solos. Doesn't have the girth of a good LP but it's damn close and plays a whole lot faster. Sort of fits a niche in my guitar palate. Which is good. I almost decided to sell it. It's tied as my favorite neck but I wasn't liking the tone until I swapped pickups. Glad I switched them out! I have a Crunchlab/Liquifire set I was going to try as well, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Plus they're white and are for a build I'm working on.
I had played around with one, but it had solid shaft pots, and didn't seem to be a good fit for an S body. I did not try the Dimarzio, which shows them using an S in the video.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:53 AM

I use CTS brass shaft pots. You can get them either in split or solid shaft, same design. Stew Mac carries them. I wanted to try the Bournes pots but the CTS electrical interface worked better for my design. You just need the short shafts, not the LP-style long shafts.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:08 PM

Was the lo-pro edge a direct drop in replacement?
Old 02-16-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
S1520NT, spent two weeks pulling it apart, waiting on parts, putting it back together.
Dimarzio Breeds, solderless pickup wiring system, ebony knobs, brand-spankin'-new Edge Pro in place of the Lo Pro, brass claw, noiseless springs, brass block on the way. Being dropped off at a luthier for some fret R&R although it plays very, very well now. Trying to bring my guitars, one at a time, into work for some proper photos.

That is gorgeous.

Is that figured bubinga top on a mahogany body?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:07 PM

The tremolo is an Edge Pro and it will drop right in. Dives are normal, but there's very little travel when pulling up. It's fixable but would require a bit of filing which I haven't done yet.

And yes it's a mahogany body with bubinga top. The mahogany back is beautiful in its own right, just glistens with gold flecks in the grain. Can't say enough about this particular model, it's right up there with my FGM400.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM

That is really unique and beautiful. Solderless pickup method is interesting. Nicely done!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:21 AM

nevusofota,
I really like the swirl on that one! And matched pickup covers are awesome!!

Green pickups would look great, as well
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM

One more to add to the gang!

97' J-Custom KRG-1502

Tags
abalone binding, air norton, alder body, basswood body, beautiful guitar, black pickguard, black pickups, bobbin toppers, bridge pickup, clear coat, cosmo hardware, custom exotic wood, custom guitar, custom mrg, dimarzio air, dimarzio air norton, dimarzio ibz, dimarzio paf, dimarzio paf joe, duncan designed, ebony board, ebony fretboard, electric guitar, esp arming adjuster, fixed bridge, fixed bridge guitar, flame maple, flamed maple, fret inlay, fret neck, green dimarzio, herc fede, ibanez backstop, ibanez bass, ibanez catalog, ibanez collection, ibanez guitars, ibanez trem, jackson soloist, les paul, locking nut, maple fret, maple fretboard, maple neck, near mint condition, neck pickup, neck pup, paf joe, paf pro, pickup cavities, pickup ring, pickup rings, prestige guitar, prestige guitars, pro edge, production model, quilted maple, rosewood board, rosewood fretboard, sam ash, seymour duncan, seymour duncans, signature guitar, strap button, strap buttons, strat tone, tone zone, trem arm, usa custom exotic wood

Show/Hide Posting Rules