Team J-Craft - Jemsite
J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars Discussion about USA Custom, USRG, American Masters, Prestige and J-Custom Ibanez 6-string Guitars.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Team J-Craft

Really newbish question from an Ibanez newb: What is the difference between a Team J-Craft guitar and a not J-craft guitar? Does Team J-Craft make all of the prestige guitars and put their logo on all of them or just some? Any more info on Team J-craft would be helpful.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 01:09 PM

Re: Team J-Craft

Just my 2 cents but I suspect it is more marketing hype than anything else. Used to be that the Prestige were the top of the line and J-Customs were above somehow(maybe all hand made?). Now the everyday RG line is called Prestige and Team J-Craft is all over most everything from the Japan factory. I will watch this thread to see if anyone else has better info for us.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 02:21 PM

that post makes less than zero sense
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 02:45 PM

team j craft makes japanese prestiges, and I think j customs are also made by team j craft
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Vendor

It is marketting but today the only guitars made in Japan are Prestige and JC. They both use the same serial transfers, TJC. It's not used on anything else, just their Japanese Prestige and JCustoms.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

I see. But does it meant that J-Crafts are in any way inherently better than their non J-Craft counterparts of the same model? i.e., play better, worth more money?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 01:04 AM

That is where opinions take over, but for the most part yeah, J-Craft makes prestige and J-custom guitars so they are assentialy better.

Some people will say that the Korean guitars are as good, I don't think so but a few will say that.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 02:08 AM

the Japanese factory will be full of guys with a better standard of training who are on better wages than those in the Korean factory.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 02:21 AM

Yes this is true. Japanese people make better money for the job than Korean people do. And I would tend to agree that they are better trained.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 03:09 AM

I think if you have an objective look at the MIJ Team J-Craft you will find that they are generally a better guitar.

They have superior parts, generally have a better finish quality, and they seem to be put together with more care and attention to detail.

Features like Dimarzio/IBZ pickups, Edge pro/Edge Zero bridges, and the prestige neck finish all add up to make the Team J-Craft Ibanez ranges superior to the non Japanese guitars...Imho.

Rock on!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 03:47 AM
GAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadeks View Post
I see. But does it meant that J-Crafts are in any way inherently better than their non J-Craft counterparts of the same model? i.e., play better, worth more money?
There is no such thing as a J Craft and a non J Craft version of the same model ! They are like chalk and cheese in every way, they may look similar but that's where the similarity ends as reflected in the price too.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:56 PM

if what you mean is if there is any difference in quality betwwen for example a 570 and a 1570 I don´t think so as they were made in the same factory

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , edge zero , korean guitar , neck finish , prestige guitar , prestige guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode