<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars

JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars Discussion about JS (Joe Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars

Old 06-05-2012, 01:14 PM

Re: 2 Ibanez JS90 - Mint condition or Player?

Dear all,
first of all: Thank you so much for your nice words and your help. Now I have made my decision and I will sell my

PLAYER Ibanez JS90th

Enclosed you can see the new thread for my JS90th in the selling area:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f28/fs...ml#post1178012

It was a hard step, but I will try to explain my decision. I have looked so many years for the JS90th guitars and in the last years I have seen maybe 6 or 7 JS90th which were sold (in Europe). 6 were in player condition (with sometimes huge dings and dongs and with very little silver coating on the pickups) and only one guitar was in good condition. Not so good as my mint condition guitar and therefore I had to decide to sell my player JS90, because I believe that it is easier to find a player JS90 than a mint JS90 in the future.
My next plan is that now I will watching my mint JS90 :-) and then in the future I will buy a JS1000 or (if I have enough money) again a JS90 in player's condition. I hope that my JS90 guitar will find a real Joe Satriani fan and I hope that he also will have so much fun with this guitar as I had in the past. Keep on Rocking!! :-)
Old 06-05-2012, 10:50 PM
(a)

Reviews: 18

Sell me the mint one.

Jimmy
Old 06-06-2012, 11:57 AM

Dear all, first of all I will try to sell my player's JS90th, but I could imagine that this will maybe be difficult, because normally you should check and play a players guitar with some amps, because it is very difficult to estimate a guitar only with fotos. I guess that I also will give my "player" guitar to a famous guitar shop in Munich/Germany and then you could check and test the guitar in the shop with the best amps etc. and maybe they also have experiences in selling a guitar outside the European community. If anybody outside the European Community is interested in my players guitar and has experiences with tax/custom fees and issues he can also contact me. I think that I will wait one week and then I will give the guitar to the music shop. Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 AM

Dear all,
now you can check and play my Ibanez JS90th guitar in the guitar-shop MJGuitars in Munich/Germany. (http://www.mjguitars.de/?lang=3) This guitar-shop is very famous in Munich, because the owner is the guitarist of The Scorpions: Matthias Jabs.
I believe that it is important to play and check a player's guitar with good amps and therefore I decided to give the guitar to this music shop, because there you have the opportunity to check the guitar with the best amps and you can also compare the guitar with other guitars.
In the next days MJGuitars will also take some pictures of the Ibanez JS90 and then I can send you the link of the new pics, because unfortunately I am a bad photographer and they will take better fotos of my beatiful JS90. I guess that they also will sell the guitar to countries outside the European Community and you can talk about the price with them. They have a nice and helpful team and Manager. Enjoy playing the JS90th! :-)
Old 06-16-2012, 06:38 AM

Dear all,

now the guitarshop MJguitars has posted some fotos of my Ibanez JS90th Anniversary. Enclosed the link of the pics:

http://www.mjguitars.de/PRODUCTS/Iba...9,0,1,840.html

Now you can also check and play the JS90th in the shop with the best Amps and you also can compare the incredible sound of the JS90th with the sound of other guitars. Enjoy playing the JS90th! :-)
Please contact me if you need additional information etc. and you also can always talk to the people of MJGuitars (about shipping to other countries, price, etc.) and they are very nice and helpful.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratoskier View Post
Personally, I refuse to own any guitar that I wouldn't actually take to a gig. I've owned a number of guitars (including an original 1960 strat) that I was afraid to take out of the case -- bye, bye strat. On the other hand, I definitely don't abuse my guitars. I respect them and take good care of them, but I don't flip out each time I add a love ding to the body.

Every time I see someone playing out with a rare or valuable guitar, I secretly admire them for recognizing what these tools were made for. I'd suggest you hang onto the playable one and cash in by selling the mint one to someone that values it primarily as an investment or collector's piece.

Or send it to me in gratitude for providing this sage advice...
I'm a little late to the thread, but this is the best answer in my opinion. Exactly how I feel about it. The guitar is not the music it makes, the music is not the life it sweetens.

I'd sell the mint one, play the one in player's condition.

Peace

Mike
Old 06-16-2012, 02:41 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikey Mikey View Post
I'm a little late to the thread, but this is the best answer in my opinion. Exactly how I feel about it. The guitar is not the music it makes, the music is not the life it sweetens.

I'd sell the mint one, play the one in player's condition.

Peace

Mike

I second that motion
Old 09-16-2012, 01:45 PM

I hate mint guitars; I just never play them!!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:44 PM

Hi guys, now I have seen that somebody is offering an Ibanez JS90 in Ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/110968609600?...84.m1423.l2649

I can recommend this guitar very much, because I have two of this beautiful guitars. :-) One mint and one player JS90. Maybe the auction is interesting for you. Good luck!

Tags
ibanez js, js 90, js 90th joe satriani, js90th, js90th ham

Show/Hide Posting Rules