Ibanez JEM Forum banner

The best quality bridge for JS100

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Petie 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

So, i know its widely know that the low pro-trs sucks. Guess what. It does. I bought a used JS100 from 2009, and the knife edges are worn out, so OFC the tuning stability is like **** and i need a new tremolo bridge. My question is:
What is the best quality tremolo bridge for the JS100? As far as i have read its edge vs. original floyd rose vs gotoh floyd rose. I think most like edge the most. Also i want, if possible, to be able to swap it right in.

Thanks a lot.

#2 ·
Welcome to Jemsite!

I believe your JS100 should have the Edge3. Edge Pro should fit in without any modifications if you don't want keep the existing studs and stud anchors as Edge Pro doesn't have the locking studs either.

If you want to or willing to enlarge the bridge route to allow for the longer fine tuner extensions on FR or Gotoh, I would go with Gotoh as it can be had for quite less than a Floyd Rose Original at least here in the US. Ibanez's Edge/Lo-Pro Edge bridges are manufactured by Gotoh if i remember correctly.

Forgot to add, Schaller also known to be a very good brand and its fine tuner extensions are shorter than OFR, but I doubt it would fit in the Edge Pro opening either. Also, Schaller is the OEM manufacturer for OFR, again, if I remember correctly.

#7 ·
It's a LO-TRS II, not LOPRO, doesn't say that anywhere. ;)

Easiest switch is going to be the Japanese LO-TRS, since they are essentially the same basic design, albeit with far better construction quality.

Other than that, Gotoh licensed Floyd Rose, and a little sanding work around the cavity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.