Blocking the trem on a JS100 - Jemsite
JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars Discussion about JS (Joe Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Blocking the trem on a JS100

So, obviously the JS100 models have the cheaper trems than the 1000 models. Having dealt with both RG7620's and RG7420's I got a bit of how much of a difference there can be with the two.

But if the trem on a JS100 model were blocked would it be a noticable difference? I'm not a whammy guy and as fantastic as the JS1200 models are the price is a bit tough for me to swallow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:30 PM

Re: Blocking the trem on a JS100

My understanding is that if that trem is blocked, it mitigates most of the problems it has ... but then I haven't tried it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:31 PM

Hi,

I used to have a JS100 that I upgraded to Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the neck and TB6 in the bridge. I don't use the trem on it, and it is a wonderful guitar for that price. Very nice neck, very nice sound especially with the SD's and the coila-tap is great too.

Bottom line, the JS100 is a very nice guitar and especially if you don't use the trem (as I do), block it = more sustain, stability, and a wonderful axe wfor a decent price (especially if you get it used). Also, the transparent red finish is one of the nicest I have seen on a guitar.

I would swap the stock pickups for Dimarzio's or Seymours (see above) though, because the Ibanes INF pickups DO really suck !

Bottomline : pickups changed and fixed trem (or just not using it) = JS100 worth hours and hours of great playing !

Cheers,

Stephan
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 11:06 AM

Use Tremol-no ???

Tags
duncan pearly gates , inf pickups , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pearly gates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode