Ibanez ChromeBoy imperfection - Page 2 - Jemsite
JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars Discussion about JS (Joe Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez ChromeBoy imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDemon View Post
I have three coat of chrome guitars. They are great, but in direct light they don't look like the true chromes. However, I love them because I play them with no fear and they are wood on the inside.

That is nice

Chris put a video of the coat of chrome guitars.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 06:55 AM

Hey folks,

Sorry to bump and old(ish) thread on the first post, but refinishing the JS10th is something that I'd like to do!

I've had my JS10th for 12-13 years now (number 498 ) and the bodywork is looking a little worse for wear. Any suggestions (other than Coat of Chrome) of who would refinish the guitar? Any in the UK?

I'ppreciate it...
Stu
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 AM

*******.com says they redo js10s and js2prms. have thought of getting my js10 redone. from photos of mine you would give it a 10/10 but up close its a 7.5/10. getting re chromed would take away the value so i was also thinking of getting a js body and getting it chromed and put the original away for safe keeping.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 04:59 PM

metalupya,

Difficult, to be honest: is a 7.5/10 finish better than a guitar that is half shiny, half yellow? Or is the used look something that gives it a little appeal? i keep thinking of how Classic cars get refinished all the time and that only helps maintain/increase their value...

A second JS body is something that I hadn't considered. Memory escapes me, but am I right in thinking that the js10th shared the same body as the js100?

Stu
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 07:06 PM

Reviews: 1

Sims here in the UK do chrome, they're not to be confused with the Sims custom shop in the USA.

http://www.simscustom.com/html/00sprayshop_chrome.htm
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Sims here in the UK do chrome, they're not to be confused with the Sims custom shop in the USA.

WOW--they have some really cool work going on!!!
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 11:30 PM

Reviews: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalupya View Post
*******.com says they redo js10s and js2prms. have thought of getting my js10 redone. from photos of mine you would give it a 10/10 but up close its a 7.5/10. getting re chromed would take away the value so i was also thinking of getting a js body and getting it chromed and put the original away for safe keeping.

What is the link you posted? Can you pm it to me?
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:

Interesting .
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 04:27 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
Interesting .
these are also the guys that put the lasers and fibre optic dots in one of Steve Vai's guitars
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
these are also the guys that put the lasers and fibre optic dots in one of Steve Vai's guitars
Very interesting.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Banned

do you a have an out of phase and is it interesting about the sound?
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 PM

600 quid for a chrome body?

That's about ....... multiply by 2.5, add shipping, GST ......... out of my price range.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalupya View Post
This.

Think of it as rare and precious as a pre-CBS Fender. There are some rough and kind of ugly looking pre-CBS bodies out there. If the pickups, tuners, neck and everything else works and you don't want a fugly period candy apple red, white, or black that's wearing away to show metallic silver or white giving way to a brown sunburst underneath, then get another brand new strat body in candy apple red (or preferred solid color) and put away the original for safekeeping.

Players may balk at the ugliness of worn out Fenders with lazy solid color factory oversprays over brown sunburst strats which is an eyesore, but collectors pay a pretty good penny for those.

Keep the less than perfect original chrome JS, no matter how ugly it gets and get another JS body you can use on the guitar with rechromed body you can refinish over and over at your heart's delight.

Anyway, if you think the rare but typically flawed chrome is ugly on the JS, check this out:

http://home.provide.net/~cfh/fenderc.html

Tags
ibanez chromeboy , js10th

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode