JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P - Jemsite
JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars Discussion about JS (Joe Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Athens
Posts: 158
JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Hey guys,

Here is finally something I personally kept crying out for during the past 2012 year. I even sent e-mails to Ibanez as a fan, to consider making premium signature guitars for Satriani , since Vai got his first premium how come they've left out the master. I know from experience that Joe likes to play with his prototypes and any possible option he'll consider it first before he makes up his mind. So, I guess that is why it took 2 years.

Note: for the sathurator signature pedal he tested out 24 different pedals.

So let's look at this beauty

Who ever gets one, I'd like to hear first impressions




http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_...&series_id=167
satch_stef is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,278
Reviews: 2
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Damn this was cool. Diden't even know this was in the making. And Original Edge trem also. Cool stuff. Have to go try one of them out when they arrive.
maqify is offline  
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Athens
Posts: 158
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

for some reasons I can't upload pictures....
I"ll try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JS24P_CA_1P_01.jpg (16.4 KB, 2 views)
satch_stef is offline  
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Athens
Posts: 158
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

here is a in depth review from ours truly

JS24PCA - Ibanez continues to expand it's higher quality but affordable line of Premium models with the new JS24P in that sexy Candy Apple Red..

After years of tweaking, Joe Satriani and Ibanez finally release the 24 fret JS. Many times I've heard "I'd just love to buy a JS but I only play 2 octave guitars!!". That is no longer an obstacle. Using a single coil sized humbucker to keep the coils as close to the octave node as possible, this guitar still has classic looks. At first I was a little skeptical about how it would look without a mounting ring, mated with the ring mounted bridge pickup, but it has grown on me fast and looks natural. Continuing the stampeding return of the Original EDGE, all the Japanese JS's will get the Original EDGE. To keep it classy, white pickups and chrome hardware give it a seemless look, but unfortunately a black head was chosen instead of the color matched. Guitars can be converted to Lo Pro Edge for an upcharge if the customer desires.

Prestige JS 3 piece maple / bubinga neck

Multi-radiused neck profile

19mm 1st fret - 21mm 12th fret

250mm Radius

42mm nut width

56mm heel width

Medium Frets w/ Premium fret end treatment

American Basswood body

Edge bridge

Dimarzio The Chopper single sized humbucker neck p/u

Dimarzio Mo Joe bridge p/u

Coil tap and high pass filter push/pulls

Chrome hardware



what scares me is the unmatched head to be honest..
I'm also skeptical tonewise about 19mm or 20mm thickness neck with 250mm radius, is it like fender... idk so many questions to be answered

Last edited by satch_stef; 02-06-2013 at 08:56 AM.
satch_stef is offline  
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Melbourne, FL 32940
Posts: 3,348
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

I got GAS!!!
And its not from beans!
sebastian is offline  
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 AM
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 23,632
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by satch_stef View Post
here is a in depth review from ours truly

JS24PCA - Ibanez continues to expand it's higher quality but affordable line of Premium models with the new JS24P in that sexy Candy Apple Red..

After years of tweaking, Joe Satriani and Ibanez finally release the 24 fret JS. Many times I've heard "I'd just love to buy a JS but I only play 2 octave guitars!!". That is no longer an obstacle. Using a single coil sized humbucker to keep the coils as close to the octave node as possible, this guitar still has classic looks. At first I was a little skeptical about how it would look without a mounting ring, mated with the ring mounted bridge pickup, but it has grown on me fast and looks natural. Continuing the stampeding return of the Original EDGE, all the Japanese JS's will get the Original EDGE. To keep it classy, white pickups and chrome hardware give it a seemless look, but unfortunately a black head was chosen instead of the color matched. Guitars can be converted to Lo Pro Edge for an upcharge if the customer desires.

Prestige JS 3 piece maple / bubinga neck

Multi-radiused neck profile

19mm 1st fret - 21mm 12th fret

250mm Radius

42mm nut width

56mm heel width

Medium Frets w/ Premium fret end treatment

American Basswood body

Edge bridge

Dimarzio The Chopper single sized humbucker neck p/u

Dimarzio Mo Joe bridge p/u

Coil tap and high pass filter push/pulls

Chrome hardware



what scares me is the unmatched head to be honest..
I'm also skeptical tonewise about 19mm or 20mm thickness neck with 250mm radius, is it like fender... idk so many questions to be answered
It was a copy and paste, now edited.
Rich is offline  
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Athens
Posts: 158
Smile Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It was a copy and paste, now edited.
Rich you didn't get the "ours truly" but that's ok, I can't review something I don't have mate


I think you are probably the only one who has js24p.

Btw - how's the neck comparing to the real deal js2400,js2410?

Tnx!
satch_stef is offline  
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 03:51 PM
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 23,632
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Nobody will have any until April. From what I felt at the show it felt exactly what I would expect a Premium JS neck to feel like. If you've felt a JEM7V and JEM70 you know exactly what I mean.
Rich is offline  
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,278
Reviews: 2
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by satch_stef View Post

what scares me is the unmatched head to be honest..
I'm also skeptical tonewise about 19mm or 20mm thickness neck with 250mm radius, is it like fender... idk so many questions to be answered

What unmatched headstock?? As far as i can see there is a matching head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Nobody will have any until April. From what I felt at the show it felt exactly what I would expect a Premium JS neck to feel like. If you've felt a JEM7V and JEM70 you know exactly what I mean.
So there is something with the neck, a different feel compared to the "real JS". Would be interesting to know in what way it differ?

I got a JS100 and a JS1 and naturally there is a difference(I know JS1 and JS1000 is a little different but). The necks are almost the same as far as fatness goes,but the JS1 is sweeter,feels better,nicer to play,but most difference between the two i think have to do with the sharp fret edges on the 100. The JS1 got very nice frets imo.

/Maqify

Last edited by maqify; 02-06-2013 at 07:10 PM.
maqify is offline  
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Athens
Posts: 158
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
What unmatched headstock?? As far as i can see there is a matching head?



So there is something with the neck, a different feel compared to the "real JS". Would be interesting to know in what way it differ?

I got a JS100 and a JS1 and naturally there is a difference(I know JS1 and JS1000 is a little different but). The necks are almost the same as far as fatness goes,but the JS1 is sweeter,feels better,nicer to play,but most difference between the two i think have to do with the sharp fret edges on the 100. The JS1 got very nice frets imo.

/Maqify
just the comparison I was looking for, you see the ray of quality goes like this JS prestige neck > js premium > js100 neck. Now the feel and all that is subjective.. As Rich mentioned JEM7V and JEM70 necks, you'll know once you feel them.

Js1000 and js100 are not just a little different mate.
satch_stef is offline  
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Athens
Posts: 158
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

I'd go for this guitar for 3 main reasons

1. No money for js2400 obviously
2. Edge Zero
3. Big Fan of Joe


Question is : why not buy a lets say ugly new prestige 1570 (flame me later for calling it ugly) that guarantees the prestige quality and durability. It is a more versatile guitar, for different use than the js24p OR get a used prestige S/RG for the same price?

I'm waiting untill April/may IF i save up some money for the js2400
satch_stef is offline  
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,278
Reviews: 2
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by satch_stef View Post
just the comparison I was looking for, you see the ray of quality goes like this JS prestige neck > js premium > js100 neck. Now the feel and all that is subjective.. As Rich mentioned JEM7V and JEM70 necks, you'll know once you feel them.

Js1000 and js100 are not just a little different mate.

I guess i wrote it a little strange-i meant the JS1 and JS1000 is somewhat different. Of course can't the 100 be compared to any of the prestige JS.
maqify is offline  
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Athens
Posts: 158
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
I guess i wrote it a little strange-i meant the JS1 and JS1000 is somewhat different. Of course can't the 100 be compared to any of the prestige JS.
My sentiments exactly Watson
satch_stef is offline  
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,278
Reviews: 2
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by satch_stef View Post
My sentiments exactly Watson

Fair enough.
maqify is offline  
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Athens
Posts: 158
Re: JS PREMIUM GUITAR - JS24P

I can't wait until April -March to test it out... 3 months Damn IT!!!!!
satch_stef is offline  
Reply

Tags
joe satriani premium , js premium , js24p

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JS Premium? Sean777 JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars 3 09-24-2012 09:45 AM
The new premium S's! dres_x Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 12 04-05-2012 01:28 PM
Premium and NGD Beard J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars 1 04-05-2012 01:32 AM
Played an Ibanez Premium guitar today.... SnakeEyes J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars 16 03-23-2011 05:22 AM
New Guitar Day - Ibanez JS1600 Premium Silver CosmicDebris JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars 10 11-11-2008 11:58 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome