JSART2 - Page 10 - Jemsite
JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars Discussion about JS (Joe Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:54 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: JSART2

Dayum, you're happy to argue if water is wet.

I purchased 2 jem10s new from WMC. The first JEM10 #128 i played a lot (carefully, i gigged with the RB or PBK mostly at that time). The other i got many months later (inventory closeout?) which I got signed that you bought when a bunch of collectors starting grossly overpaying and i realized i wasn't going to keep an unplayed JEM10 (not going to 'collect'). The LNG again no desire to "collect" just a trade. The only thing boxed would have been after i moved 2x in a year (married then bought a house 10 months later).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:58 PM

The JEM10 was new in box untouched, even if you bought it as an investment as a closeout, it was put away and never touched.

Face it, no matter how much you want to denigrate "collectors", if even for 1 second - you were a collector and fanboy. So much so you thought spending endless hours of your life to build this site made sense. There is no shame in admitting it, and you can go right back to telling everybody that buys something they're not going to play how big an idiot they are

Water is wet. Please, take the other side of the argument.
post #138 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:00 PM
site founder 0% owner

^facts be damned. that jem10 was something a local friend was considering... 30 second call with my paisan Giovanni at WMC was just a quick "ok send it over". Turns out neither of us wanted it. I had almost pulled the trigger on several PRS locally and USRG10/30 (fax quotes couldn't try them in-store). What fanboy would never go to NAMM or a jemfest Vai attended? LOL. Jemsite had an unexpected growth surge but don't read into things. You're confusing my (prolific productivity) helping create an online resource & community with something else.
post #139 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:04 PM

Spin it any way you want. You had a fairly large collection of JEMs. Call them whatever you want, but alot of JEMs normal people would consider a collection. And who would have a collection but a collector? Who sure kept a JEM10 nobody wanted long enough to double on

Nobody goes to NAMM but industry, and fans lucky enough to get a pass and devoted enough to make the trip.

How many Vai shows have you seen? By the time Jemfest got started you were already at war with half the organizers.....
post #140 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:05 PM
site founder 0% owner

ok then.
post #141 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Note to all, if you want to post on a public forum you can't have a sensitivity level like that of a teething baby. If you are a collector or reseller that applies two-fold and three-fold. I say this with respect but Rich is the last guy whose reactions you should consider on a forum. The "you ended on a good note" lecturing is the cherry on top. Funny stuff!
I am not convinced that I am the sensitive one in this exchange but as I said about forums, it's not a big deal.
post #142 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 AM

Sorry guys to read all that - my post above was only meant to 'reactivate' this JSART2 topic and definitively not to lead to all that...
post #143 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEAPSON View Post
Sorry guys to read all that - my post above was only meant to 'reactivate' this JSART2 topic and definitively not to lead to all that...
Don't apologize. Not everyone knows how to play nice. Whatever you do with your guitars I think it's cool to appreciate the JS. Anyway that is. play it, keep it under your bed whatever. Can't we all just get along...
post #144 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:06 PM

Reviews: 21

post #145 of 145 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:21 PM

Speaking of JsArts. Who else got one? Show some pics..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode