<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars

JS (Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars Discussion about JS (Joe Satriani Model) Ibanez Guitars

Old 05-28-2001, 05:58 PM

What to do w /my JS100

Same old story. *Just like everyone else i've got my JS100 and i'm frustrated w/ the trem. *Stiff and just plain unreliable pitch stability. *You know how it is.

I've been thinking about selling this guitar for another ibanez, but i have no idea what i should go for! *The JEMs just seem way out of my price range, and all the other ibanez's i just dont know too much about. *

what would you guys recommend i get? *No more TRS II for me!!

Kinda depressing, cuz i absolutely adore the way my JS looks. *I've got the red one, and it's just beautiful. *&lt;sigh> *any ideas on similar guitars around the same price??

(anyone wanna trade? *=P)
Old 05-28-2001, 08:31 PM
(a)

What to do w /my JS100

I also have a JS100TR which I use as my "beater", it looks great but the trem leaves alot to be desired but you get what you pay for.

I'm not so sure about resale value, but one thing you may want to do is check EBAY to get an idea.

The logical upgrade is a JS1000.

Good luck.
Old 05-29-2001, 05:50 PM

What to do w /my JS100

Hey man,

what you could do if you like your guitar shape and the neck and stuff, but hate the trem is, well, upgrade the trem.

obvious candidates are the Schaller Liscensed Floyd Rose or the Original Floyd Rose...

You could get someone (like the guy from Universal Jems) to rout out your body for an Edge or Lo-Pro Edge bridge and you'll have a damn fine guitar...

if you like your present guitar, but hate the trem, i think that's the best thing you could do...

but then again, you could always sell your JS-100 and save up for a 1000.... depends on what you want and what you can do ($$$-wise).

good luck
-Pryde-
Old 05-31-2001, 12:44 AM

What to do w /my JS100

If you have other trem guitars or are in the market for another trem guitar, then you could completely lock this one down, and enjoy the freedom to change tuning without hassle. Also if done right the lock down will dramatically increase tone and sustain for you. The guitar will be snappier and more crisp.
Old 05-31-2001, 04:51 AM

What to do w /my JS100

Well, what can I say?

I've posted about the same issue a week ago and I'm in the exact same situation you're in! I too love the looks and feel of my js100!

All I can say is: if you really like the js100, except for the trem: find a JS1000! Also, the 1000 has better pickups (Dimarzio in stead of Ibanez ), overall better finishing, multi-radiused frets (lower action possible) and: the LO-PRO EDGE!

Just... not exactly the same pricerange , but maybe you can find a good secondhand js1000.

Well, that's my 2 cents anyway... Good luck!

Michiel
Old 06-01-2001, 05:07 AM

What to do w /my JS100

seriously!

if only there was a cheap one out there. *Anyone want to buy this guitar and/or sell me a cheap jS1000? *=P

I'm thinking about getting a MusicMan/Ernieball Axis or a Peavey wolfgang special in replace....but i haven't played either too many times...so i really can't say yet. *Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2001, 07:56 AM
(a)

What to do w /my JS100

Sacrilege!

No seriously, I was at my favorite music store looking for a new amp and they had a bunch of Wolfgangs, man those are sweet! I especially love the finish on them.

Go to your local music store and try them out....then decide!

Good luck.
Old 06-01-2001, 10:54 PM

What to do w /my JS100

dfung I have a JS100TR as well and I love it, but I hate the trem. If I don't sell I am thinking about getting it routed and throwing a Lo Pro on there, I just worry about sending it to the right person who knows what there doing! Also if you like to play alot of stuff that doesn't require you using the trem bar to drastically I think you should keep it. Anyway there are alot of options out there so *take your time, and be patient.

Just wanted to let you know also that I own a Wolfgang Special (Vintage Gold) and I love it!! Very simple design and an awesome neck!! Takes a little getting used to the neck but thats because IMHO the neck is set deeper into the body(if that made any sense) but anyway the guitar feels smaller than my JS. You'll love the D-Tuna as well!!!! Only thing to watch out for is those pickups on there are HOT!!!! I have a Peavey classic 30 and an Ibanez TS7 and I don't even haft to use the tubescreamer to get a more hot or how should I say heavy sound from my amp. Just crank the gain and vol!! hope that helps. Later.......
Old 06-02-2001, 10:53 AM
(a)

What to do w /my JS100

Scott74, you have a nice collection of guitars there!

I was picking up my new amp at my favorite music store yesterday and played the Wolfgang. It is really an awesome guitar! Being spoiled by Ibanez necks, the Wolfie neck would take a little getting used to, especially since I have stubby fingers.

I can't stop thinking about its' beautiful neck, great pick-ups, and awesome quilted blue finish, I feel like going back and buying it, but I'm afraid if I do my wife will think I went over the deep end and my house keyn will no longer work!

I know you said that you had to get used to the neck, when you switch playing one guitar to the next, how long does it take to get comfy?

Best regards.
Old 06-02-2001, 10:55 AM
(a)

What to do w /my JS100

Sorry, I just realized that my post above really belongs in the other 6 string guitars section.
Old 06-02-2001, 11:59 AM

What to do w /my JS100

It's not hard to switch at all. I pick up my JS and I'm comfortable. I switch to the Wolfgang and IMHO fretting gets easier. I just like that the neck is smaller and I can just latch my hand around it. Plus the unfinished neck feels great. Gets dirty easily, but a little endust takes care of that in no time. In fact I use the endust on the entire neck except for the front of the headstock. Sorry to get off the JS subject!!
Old 06-04-2001, 03:04 AM

What to do w /my JS100

seriously....
i'm getting more and more drawn to the wolfgang the more i read and think about it....i should probably go try one out at hte store.
Old 06-04-2001, 08:45 AM

What to do w /my JS100

I would definitely try one if I were you, but on the other hand I'd take a JS1000 over a wolfgang anyday just because I think you can get so many different sounds out of it and the body is more comfortable. Save up for the JS1000 or if you do go with the Wolfgang make sure your absolutely sure it's what you want. Don't rush!
Old 06-24-2001, 01:09 PM

What to do w /my JS100

Just change the trsll by an edge. I did`t for myself and it works greated.
Okay I modify an rg350, not a js series, but it`s *the same thing.
Good luck.
SER

(Edited by sers at 1:10 pm on June 24, 2001)
Old 06-24-2001, 02:37 PM

What to do w /my JS100

if you like the way it looks route the body cavity for a lo pro edge. Besides the JS1000 doesn't come in that transparent red you seem to like on your guitar. it comes in white and pearl black. if you like your color do the trem thing. or sell it for another guitar....whatever your budget can handle

Tags
edge bridge, floyd rose, ibanez neck, ibanez necks, local music store, music store, peavey classic, peavey wolfgang, peavey wolfgang special, pro edge, pro edge bridge, string guitars, trem guitar, wolfgang special

Show/Hide Posting Rules