Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Cat peed on my RG!

4K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  TheLivingDead 
#1 ·
Just got home maybe an hour ago from a family party and was carrying my '93 RG470 that I have been spending my money to build for the past 7 months when I smelled cat urine. I looked on my guitar and what do you know! Cat Piss! On my guitar! So I washed my hands and scrubbed the body (where the pee was) thoroughly 3 times with some Mr. Clean. I smelled after I was done and it seems to smell fine. The cats lucky we got rid of him yesterday (yes for pissing) or I would have ringed his neck today. So do you guys think it should be fine or should I use another product to scrub it again?

#4 ·
Clean it again to be sure. If it was just urine it'll be fine but if we are talking about a male cat's scent spray that's a whole different thing! The putrid scent juice acts like bleach to many surfaces. I'm assuming that if it doesn't smell now you have cleaned it that it was just urine,but yeah,the two are very different thing's.

#10 ·
Saturate a rag in Nature's Miracle (Can be found at any pet store--this stuff REALLY works) and then DAB/BLOT (NO WIPING, NO RUBBING) the "affected" parts as much as possible/practicable. The Nature's Miracle will extract the urine from the affected parts and remove the scent better than Mr. Clean, as well as deter the cat from repeating the offense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.