Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Check out my Les Paul - Can you say "Lawsuit?"

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Gabe Nickelson 
#1 ·
Sort of an impulse bid/buy...

http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/index.php?action=viewimage&image=Ibanez Les Paul.JPG

Notice the nice, familiar name on the headstock? Yep, an Ibanez "Lawsuit" LP. I had a nice newish LP Classic Plus, but it never felt or sounded right. Spotted this at around 1/4 the price...kinda had that Mick Ronson look to it, so I made the fatal click.

Just arrived, and I can't believe how much I like it. I'm not really a"Gibson guy," except for the fact that my first electric was an old SG Special...have long since moved on to primarily Ibanez. Anyway, it feels and plays great, much like Artists I've played. The back is brown stained and it has a bolt neck. Average weight, a few "character" dings and replaced parts, and great sounding pups. In fact, I'm going to pull the buckers off and see if I can tell what they are...surprisingly nice sounding. Oh well, had to share the latest with my buds.
Greg

#2 ·
Check out my Les Paul

Wow... very cool. At first i thought, "awesome... Greg's picked up a Raw Power Les Paul." But then i squinted at the headstock and recognized the lawsuit-era Ibanez script.

There are only a few finishes i really like on a Les Paul (including deep wine, faded honey burst and tiger eye), and the natural look is right up there. Nice find! Too bad it doesn't have a set neck for that true Les Paul tone.

#5 ·
Check out my Les Paul

Thanks, spiro. 6! That's great...any pics? I actually just ordered a flame top sunburst Electra (I guess I'm on a "kick")...from what I've seen it look just like the Ibanez copies. Any idea if it's the same factory?
Greg

#6 ·
Check out my Les Paul

spiro on 3:47 pm on Feb. 18, 2002
greg, great buy...

The set neck post lawsuit models play and feel like a Gibson....

Just love the feel of these..
As a dedicated Gibson LP player I must agree. The quality and playability of these guitars is comparable to a real Gibson Les Paul. A perfect alternative if you are on a budget. Better than an Epiphone LP IMHO.

Gabe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.