Do you own any ibanez RG's? - Page 3 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-13-2015, 09:05 AM
Takin' a Ride  is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,170  -  iTrader: (40)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


I've got a few

'91 USA Custom "Leather & Metal"



'03 JCRG8670TB



'04 RG2120XVV (about to sell this one)



'06 RGT320QRBB (different pickups in this one now)



'10 RG1560JB (having Fernandes Sustainer installed currently)



Also have a custom RG build underway with a mahogany Perle body and a PGM30 neck.
quote
  #32  
Old 04-13-2015, 11:29 AM
mike570  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 3,668  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 21

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


I love RG's! The only one in my stable not an RG is a DT-200 Destroyer.

2001 RG570GN
2006 RG1570MRR
2007 RG550MXXRFR
2013 RG921BK
2009 RG7321
2006 RG3EXQM1

I'd love to get an RG2570 in Vital Gold. The RG3XX series as a fixed bridge are really great too. I'm a fan of different wood and pickup configs, particularly Dimarizo's. I think I might pick an RG321 with a mahogany body and put a pair of Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs in.
quote
  #33  
Old 04-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Meechy  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West 'By God' Virginnie, USA
Posts: 1,454  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I thought your 1550 was the MZ with the Edge Zero.

I have another carvin build in mind, so my next NGD will be a carvin, dunno when but it's coming. It will be epic
Nope, no Z.
Edge Pro.
I'm guessing it was built before the switch to the EZ.
quote
 
  #34  
Old 04-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Rafafas  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Mexico
Posts: 496  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
I've got a few


'04 RG2120XVV (about to sell this one)


I'd love to take that one out of your hands, too bad i don't have money right now.
quote
  #35  
Old 04-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Takin' a Ride  is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,170  -  iTrader: (40)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


My price is probably cheaper than you think. It's a really nice guitar with very minimal play time that unfortunately has a few blemishes from careless handling. The original owner hardly ever played it, I think mainly because the mini switch was bad. I replaced that, cleaned up the guitar and it was good to go. I just have way too many guitars so something needs to go. PM me if you're interested.
quote
  #36  
Old 04-17-2015, 11:54 AM
uberthrall  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Abington,MA
Posts: 734  -  iTrader: (37)
Reviews: 2

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


Here's my present Ibanez roster.




From L-R:

"Old Yeller", a modified 91' RG 565 loaded with an EMG 81/85 set.

An 87' RG 550R killer guitar with very cool preamp and wiring scheme.


A swirled Franken-RG. Originally an RG 750, I couldn't resist the urge to swap the original neck for this maple board 550 neck I had. Loaded with an EMG 81/SA/85X set. This one might be THE best RG I ever played.

This one's a modified RG 560. Really cool textured diy finish. Has an active/passive pickup combination. An EMG 81TW in the bridge and a couple Dimarzio stacked singles. All the pickups can be split via the mini toggles.
quote
  #37  
Old 04-17-2015, 11:58 AM
MatiasTolkki  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 4,738  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Meechy View Post
Nope, no Z.
Edge Pro.
I'm guessing it was built before the switch to the EZ.
The Edge pro version was released until 2009 here in Japan, then my 1550MZ is zero point with a 2009 serial number. I think maybe 2009 was the transition year and there were possibly both released at the same time. That's my best guess anyway.
quote
  #38  
Old 04-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Meechy  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West 'By God' Virginnie, USA
Posts: 1,454  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
The Edge pro version was released until 2009 here in Japan, then my 1550MZ is zero point with a 2009 serial number. I think maybe 2009 was the transition year and there were possibly both released at the same time. That's my best guess anyway.
Makes sense.
Mine had a 2010 catalog with it, so I'm thinking that's when the previous owner bought it, but who knows when it actually got to whatever store he bought it from, and how long did it sit there?
I got to play with the EZII and liked it a lot, but I'd have ended up taking the stop-bar out anyway if I'd bought that guitar, likely the same if my 1550 had an EZ. I like 'flutter'.
P.S.
I can't seem to put down this 2570, I actually have it in my lap right now. It's awesome!
quote
  #39  
Old 04-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Meechy  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West 'By God' Virginnie, USA
Posts: 1,454  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


uberthrall, those are beautiful.
I especially love that 550, and that swirl........it want to lick it! LOL
After I get married I'm going to start a 'guitar savings account' and put some money away out of every paycheck. I'm going to be adding guitars to my collection and you'll see a lot more of me on this thread in the coming years.
quote
  #40  
Old 04-18-2015, 09:03 PM
MatiasTolkki  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 4,738  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Meechy View Post
Makes sense.
Mine had a 2010 catalog with it, so I'm thinking that's when the previous owner bought it, but who knows when it actually got to whatever store he bought it from, and how long did it sit there?
I got to play with the EZII and liked it a lot, but I'd have ended up taking the stop-bar out anyway if I'd bought that guitar, likely the same if my 1550 had an EZ. I like 'flutter'.
P.S.
I can't seem to put down this 2570, I actually have it in my lap right now. It's awesome!
I'm tempted to take out my bar just try it and see how it feels. I worry about tension though, because 2 springs seems a little awkward. Oh well I'll just try it and see if I like it or not.

Sounds like how I am with my Carvin JB200
quote
  #41  
Old 04-21-2015, 02:42 AM
marlb5150  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Makati, Philippines
Posts: 226  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


nice guitars peeps!
quote
  #42  
Old 04-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Meechy  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West 'By God' Virginnie, USA
Posts: 1,454  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I'm tempted to take out my bar just try it and see how it feels. I worry about tension though, because 2 springs seems a little awkward. Oh well I'll just try it and see if I like it or not.

Sounds like how I am with my Carvin JB200
The tension is fine. At least it was on the EZII I played with.
It feels just like three springs on the EP and the OE.
Give it a try. You may like it. Just take it out and adjust the springs until you're back in tune. It's pretty simple.
quote
  #43  
Old 04-21-2015, 10:47 AM
MatiasTolkki  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 4,738  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Meechy View Post
The tension is fine. At least it was on the EZII I played with.
It feels just like three springs on the EP and the OE.
Give it a try. You may like it. Just take it out and adjust the springs until you're back in tune. It's pretty simple.
If there's no tension issue, I will probably like it
quote
  #44  
Old 04-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Scott 74  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: PA
Posts: 1,797  -  iTrader: (6)

Re: Do you own any ibanez RG's?


Well mine are technically RG based guitars, but I have:

JCRG8670 Transparent Blue
PGM100 Jewel Blue (Japanese original not re-issue)
RG721 CNF (Charcoal Brown Flat)
quote
  #45  
Old 06-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Jimmyz1972  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5  -  iTrader: (0)
Just 2 at this time
'08 RG350dx
'91 RG770DX ruby red (my baby)
quote
Reply

Tags
ibanez rg

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Show/Hide Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by