Edge pro tuning problem. Is the EZII better? - Page 6 - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Re: Edge pro tuning problem. Is the EZII better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywills View Post
Wow, just read the entire thread.

Since this particular Edge Pro equipped guitar is such a turd sell it to me for 50 bucks. After I pay the big brown truck guys to deliver it to I'll spend a few bucks on some chapstick or vasoline, maybe even splurge for the set screws from Rich to do the locking stud mod and have a playable mij prestige guitar for stupid cheap.

Sounds good to me. 50 dollar offer to take it off your hands is a standing offer if you decide you just can't look at it any longer .

Sorry for the scarcasm. I just can't believe that this things completely toast. At least part it out as the rest of the guitar is worth something even if the trem truthfully is a dud. I'd bet money the body woods wallowed a touch and the anchor is the culprit. Again as others have stated without having it in hand on the bench its all speculation. Dude, it would be stupid easy to de tune the strings, temporarily remove the claw springs in the back, remove the trem and then check the posts and anchors for any play. Your making this way too complicated. If it does in fact have some play the next guy needs to be aware of it. Please be up front and disclose that it has some tuning stability issues.

YMMV as usual.
I'm not a total ass. The same place that adjusted the guitar for 100 bucks said that they want to buy it for what corresponds to 620 usd. Seems fair to me. They do know why I don't want this guitar. Oh yeah.. There is no way I would sell it for 50, very funny HARHAR... (you are not funny). I'm not making this complicated. Actually I'm making it less complicated by selling this guitar. Here in Scandinavia you can buy an excellent guitar for 620 uds, used. I've seen RG560's, RG470's, s540's and the list goes on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
So there's a potential problem, and you want to sell it. I hope you are not going to try and get top price for it if there could be a problem. Inspect it first, there's nothing to be scared about removing the springs and lifting the bridge out of the cavity. I still bet there's nothing wrong, and that the person who's doing the work for you doesn't really know what they are doing with the bridge. It's a common issue.
I will sell it for 620 usd. The same shop the guitar came from don't mind buying it. It really sucks that you guys think I'm gonna steal money by selling this guitar. I have no experience in taking bridges out of the cavity, and it's gonna be that way for now.
post #78 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:35 PM

This one of the rare cases.... It should be faulty edge pro...or maybe the neck joint to the body abit loose hahahaha
post #79 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanggo View Post
This one of the rare cases.... It should be faulty edge pro...or maybe the neck joint to the body abit loose hahahaha
Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha!
post #80 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 PM

Reviews: 120

It's a real shame that you are not using this as a learning experience, so that you can look after your own guitars from now on. It really isn't rocket science, it amazes me how people can be so scared to do this sort of work...
post #81 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:09 PM

Its your guitar. Do what you wish. Somehow I think this shop knows exactly whats up with it and will wind up fixing the issue and flipping it for a tidy profit.

I do wish you the Best of luck in selling it to this shop and finding something else that suits your needs with the 620 USD equivalent you get for it.

I do understand your reluctance to disassembling your instruments. We've all been there before and theres a first for anything. You have to just jump in feet first sometimes and get in there. I think once you've done it a time or two you will see its not a difficult task if you have to completely remove the whole trem from the body. If you ever want to refinish a body you will have to do it.

Rich earlier in the thread was giving you some solid advice as were the others. There is a ton of excellent info in these forums. In the end if you are willing to do a lil bit of homework and stick with it you can setup anything you want yourself. At a fraction of the cost it takes to farm it out. If you choose to farm it out to someone who doesn't have a clue its just more wasted time and money too. As you've discovered there are many opinions on the matter and no one is right or wrong honestly. Its your guitar(s), you have to play em not us so do what you feel is right of course.

Again, best of luck and I never seriously expected you to sell it someone for 50 bucks. 620 is actually quite fair for what will probably amount to a lil woodglue in the anchor hole. Worst case a dowel and redrill as I'm just betting that was your issue all along if everything else seemed to be in order.

Cheers
J

Last edited by jeremywills; 11-04-2012 at 06:22 PM.
post #82 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:35 PM

Just sell the edge pro unit to anyone here who think that it can be repair or set up... Then top abit buy a new one...you can also buy a used one but a good condition
post #83 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 PM

You can buy a new or used edge pro from guitarshop and let them install it for you
post #84 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Vendor

There's some of the worst advice in this thread, and it just keeps on coming.

There is nothing wrong with the bridge.

So the "tech" that couldn't fix your tuning problem, gave you a guitar with the trem angle off, a saddle so far forward it wasn't even under the fine tuner, and this is the guy that you trusted to lube your studs with the correct lube? And wonder why it still won't stay in tune?
post #85 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
post #86 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Reviews: 15

Quote:

So the "tech" that couldn't fix your tuning problem, gave you a guitar with the trem angle off, a saddle so far forward it wasn't even under the fine tuner, and this is the guy that you trusted to lube your studs with the correct lube? And wonder why it still won't stay in tune?
post #87 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 10:20 PM

we all learn dont we! it just takes alot of patients! :PP
post #88 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
post #89 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 06:24 AM

I think the advise in this thread needs to stop, it's frustrating everyone.

Not everyone has it in them to work on a race car, instead they buy a Strat or Les Paul to (KISS).

I hear the same thing about rack gear on threads.

People like to think something is bad because they don't want put any effort in to learning.

Some guys just like three knobs on a pedal.
post #90 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Yeah okay. I know it's pretty stupid. I'm just really frustrated and I have already lost lots of money on this guitar

Tags
edge pro , edge zero , ibanez rg , tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode