Edge pro tuning problem. Is the EZII better? - Page 9 - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:12 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: Edge pro tuning problem. Is the EZII better?

And it it takes is a bit of metal polish, a rag and elbow grease to polish hideous looking hardware to a nice chrome finish!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
And it it takes is a bit of metal polish, a rag and elbow grease to polish hideous looking hardware to a nice chrome finish!
Here,Here!!!!

good answer my man!!!

post #123 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Please confirm on deny this fully describes your problem.
I confirm
post #124 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
This can be addressed later.....again, just a setup issue. Thanks for clarifying.....
You're welcome
post #125 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Okay, thanks!
post #126 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedShrimps View Post
I confirm
Then raise the action and test again. If it's no different, the fix is the same I've ben saying the whole time, lube, /and/or stud mod. If you want to sell the guitar instead of fixing it is your business.

Your trem needs nothing more than a good wipedown with spit on a soft cloth to look good again.
post #127 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
good wipedown with spit on a soft cloth to look good again.
Amen Mr. Harris.
post #128 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Then raise the action and test again. If it's no different, the fix is the same I've ben saying the whole time, lube, /and/or stud mod. If you want to sell the guitar instead of fixing it is your business.

Your trem needs nothing more than a good wipedown with spit on a soft cloth to look good again.
I took the springs off and removed the trem. I cleaned it, placed the saddles correctly and lubed the studs and rasied the action. I did not replace the springs though. But it stays in tune better now. It still wants goes sharp and flat (in standart tuning) when I dive, but less than before. Do you think replacing the springs would complete the Edge Pro and make it good as new?

And I really shouldn't be afraid of replacing the trem again, it wasn't that bad
post #129 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Hey Rich. I know this sounds weird but I placed the springs like this: /|\ because I like when the tension is released at the ligher strings.. And after I did that my RG1570 stays in tune perfectly. Soo.. All this could just be fixed by lubing the studs? If so I feel really stupid for not listening to you. But I've learned a lot from this thread. I bough a RG570 Purple pearl yesterday with the Original Edge. It was poorly set up, so I adjusted the saddles, lubed the studs and cleaned the fretboard and balanced the trem all by my self. And the guitar is wonderful. I'm really happy that I can do all this by my self now. And I only payed 340$ which is very cheap even though it's used
post #130 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Its because the the /\ springs are stretched further and the coils have less friction on the coils.
Like I said in the beginning.
post #131 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 02:22 PM

[quote=FriedShrimps; And the guitar is wonderful. I'm really happy that I can do all this by my self now. [/quote]

Well that's a good thing,as you said yourself you learned a lot from all of this, and that is usually the case-when something isen't quite right and one have to fix it,learning is the consequence. And in this case it turned out to be a moneysaver in the future.
post #132 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM

Reviews: 120

Hooray, finally! It's a pity it took 9 pages of posts for you to finally accept the advice and try it, but at least you got there in the end.
post #133 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedShrimps View Post
Hey Rich. I know this sounds weird but I placed the springs like this: /|\ because I like when the tension is released at the ligher strings.. And after I did that my RG1570 stays in tune perfectly. Soo.. All this could just be fixed by lubing the studs? If so I feel really stupid for not listening to you. But I've learned a lot from this thread. I bough a RG570 Purple pearl yesterday with the Original Edge. It was poorly set up, so I adjusted the saddles, lubed the studs and cleaned the fretboard and balanced the trem all by my self. And the guitar is wonderful. I'm really happy that I can do all this by my self now. And I only payed 340$ which is very cheap even though it's used
All you needed was the lube, the right lube, but lube was all it needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
Its because the the /\ springs are stretched further and the coils have less friction on the coils.
Like I said in the beginning.
Please stop. You don't realize there is zero "friction" in a coil whether it's closed or open?
post #134 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
That advice applies to other stuff than guitars. Buy in bulk and save some money.

post #135 of 177 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
That advice applies to other stuff than guitars. Buy in bulk and save some money.

Hahahhahhahhah....

Tags
edge pro , edge zero , ibanez rg , tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode