<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)

Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:47 AM

Re: Edge pro tuning problem. Is the EZII better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Hooray, finally! It's a pity it took 9 pages of posts for you to finally accept the advice and try it, but at least you got there in the end.
Well.. I think the case is that I didn't ask about how to fix the problem with the edge pro in the beginning. I was just asking if the Edge Zero II was a great trem. And people started bitching about the Edge Pro issue instead, and I got really frustrated because I never got an answer for my question.

Have you ever read the title of this thread?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
All you needed was the lube, the right lube, but lube was all it needed.

Please stop. You don't realize there is zero "friction" in a coil whether it's closed or open?
By saying "the right lube" I have to say that I just used some liquid'ish, clear, chain oil that I use for my bicycle. But I worked fine, so I guess it's okay
Old 11-11-2012, 05:06 AM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedShrimps View Post
Well.. I think the case is that I didn't ask about how to fix the problem with the edge pro in the beginning. I was just asking if the Edge Zero II was a great trem. And people started bitching about the Edge Pro issue instead, and I got really frustrated because I never got an answer for my question.

Have you ever read the title of this thread?
Well maybe you should have paid attention. By people telling you how to fix your problem they were telling you nothing was wrong with the Edge Pro, you just needed to know how to look after it. The first thing you wrote in your thread title was "Edge Pro tuning problem", the EZ II part was secondary in your thread title. By not saying the EZ II was better they were basically telling you it wasn't better. It is probably on par, but people haven't had years of experience with it yet. That's probably why no one really provided a response to your secondary point.

And again, Maybe you shouldn't have ignored that advice for so long.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
All you needed was the lube, the right lube, but lube was all it needed.

Please stop. You don't realize there is zero "friction" in a coil whether it's closed or open?
Rich you know a lot but your wrong this time.

Metal rubbing on metal, coil to coil, causes friction, it's not rocket science.

I guess I will have to agree to disagree because neither one of us has the guitar in our hands.

Last edited by sebastian; 11-11-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Well maybe you should have paid attention. By people telling you how to fix your problem they were telling you nothing was wrong with the Edge Pro, you just needed to know how to look after it. The first thing you wrote in your thread title was "Edge Pro tuning problem", the EZ II part was secondary in your thread title. By not saying the EZ II was better they were basically telling you it wasn't better. It is probably on par, but people haven't had years of experience with it yet. That's probably why no one really provided a response to your secondary point.

And again, Maybe you shouldn't have ignored that advice for so long.
The order I wrote Edge Pro and EZ II has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread. You are starting to over analysing what I might were thinking when I put up this thread because you know that you're a total douche. It was just for a comparisment.

I admitted that I should be listening in the first place. And now I both now how to maintain a hardware, and if the EZ II is a good trem or not. So this thread should be closed now, there's no reason to keep discussing this.

Last edited by FriedShrimps; 11-11-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post

I guess I will have to agree to disagree because neither one of us has the guitar in our hands.
Please exlain in detail how the coils of a spring rub against each other, because the only thing you're right about is it's not rocket science.

Quote:
So you had no intention of fixing it, you just wanted to complain about it?

So your answer would be no, since the EZ2 [and every trem] needs lube it's no more stable than the Edge Pro.
EZ2 question answered page 2.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Please exlain in detail how the coils of a spring rub against each other, because the only thing you're right about is it's not rocket science.

EZ2 question answered page 2.
I know that the EZII question got answered. And thanks for that! I also saw a stability test on youtube, and it's seems to be way better than the Edge III it has replaced And hey Rich! Thanks for the help and patience You are the best!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
The order I wrote Edge Pro and EZ II has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread. You are starting to over analysing what I might were thinking when I put up this thread because you know that you're a total douche. It was just for a comparisment.

I admitted that I should be listening in the first place. And now I both now how to maintain a hardware, and if the EZ II is a good trem or not. So this thread should be closed now, there's no reason to keep discussing this.
Nice childish retaliation with the name calling, real classy and mature.

I stated what I stated because what people read when they saw your thread title is "Edge Pro Problem". I write for the web as a job. I know that what most people do online is scan, not read things in detail. First thing they saw was "Edge Pro problem", and they read the problem you were having. They provided a selection of ways to solve your problem.

So despite what your intent was with the thread and the title, people are going to interpret in their own way. It has everything to do with the order in which you wrote your thread title.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post

I think the direction of the spring's intended use would be the basis of whether or not there's friction. In the guitar the spring is moving perpendicular to the coils, so they just merely separate. If they moved in the direction of the coils, like in a mousetrap, than you'd have coil binding because the spring is being wound/unwound.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:08 PM
(a)

Reviews: 2

Quote:

WHOAH!!!! Back up partner.........LP is not only a great guy, but also one to help folks every time he can!!! He's also one to keep within his bounds of knowledge........He won't give advice on things he's not sure about (as I and some others have a tendency to do on occasion).

LP was right that the original title looked to be a "help me with my Edge-pro" thread.........at least that's how I read it. Honestly, I didn't think about the EZII part til you reminded us that was your real question. Anyway, try to make nice with LP, you're gonna want his help at some point or another.......trust me. If 6fingers and I can become buddies on this sight.......ANYBODY can.........LOL!!!

Glad you got your guitar figured out, and I'm especially glad that you learned as much as you did along the way!!!

Ryc

Old 11-11-2012, 11:37 PM

Yeah LP can't really be a douche for trying to help out. A douche seldom helps somebody.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:48 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
Yeah LP can't really be a douche for trying to help out. A douche seldom helps somebody.
LMAO!!!!

I agree, but that's a funny way of putting it.....

Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 PM

hehe...you lost me there RGT?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4AukZUWHY8

sorry for the offtopic...won't happaned again.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:36 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
WHOAH!!!! Back up partner.........LP is not only a great guy, but also one to help folks every time he can!!! He's also one to keep within his bounds of knowledge........He won't give advice on things he's not sure about (as I and some others have a tendency to do on occasion).

LP was right that the original title looked to be a "help me with my Edge-pro" thread.........at least that's how I read it. Honestly, I didn't think about the EZII part til you reminded us that was your real question. Anyway, try to make nice with LP, you're gonna want his help at some point or another.......trust me. If 6fingers and I can become buddies on this sight.......ANYBODY can.........LOL!!!

Glad you got your guitar figured out, and I'm especially glad that you learned as much as you did along the way!!!

Ryc
He doesn't seem to be a nice guy for me. Yeah it is a long thread and I was ignorant, but there is no reason for rubbin salt into the wound -.- And I'm pretty sure lots of other guys are just as smart as LP, so I really don't feel like being his friend just because he can help me if I get in trouble with a guitar again.

Tags
edge pro, edge zero, ibanez rg, tuning

Show/Hide Posting Rules