Edge pro tuning problem. Is the EZII better? - Page 3 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:32 AM

Re: Edge pro tuning problem. Is the EZII better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
So you wouldn't use a lubricant in your brand new car engine? Same logic. Lube the posts and you'll get better performance.
Once again, I rented this guitar. OKAY?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 AM

Reviews: 2

Well then,just call the guitar tech and tell him to lube the damn thing....your guitar that he got with him. Problem solved.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:11 AM

I believe the real problem is the springs, if everything is tightened down.

Make sure the lock nut is tightened to the neck too.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:25 AM

Even tho a new guitar should have strong springs it might be what sebastian suspects. So could be a good thing check them springs out. Rule out one thing after another to find what messed up the tuning/trem.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:51 AM

Reviews: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedShrimps View Post
I wouldn't mind fixing it. But again, its not my freaking guitar so I may not lube it because it should be in the same condition as when I got it. Otherwise I'll have to keep the guitar. God damn, why are you guys not reading what I'm saying, seriously wtf.
Well if you Re just going to whinge about it then take it back. Stop asking for how to fix the problem if you are not going to follow it through. Rent another guitar!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Well if you Re just going to whinge about it then take it back. Stop asking for how to fix the problem if you are not going to follow it through. Rent another guitar!
I never asked how to fix it actually.. I asked if the EZII was worth buying thats all.. :-)
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM
(a)

Reviews: 18

I think you should get your guitar back from the tech that was trying to do you a "favor". Once you do, we can get to the bottom of the problem.

Jimmy
Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM

Reviews: 120

Well, the EZ II is not better, just different. If you don't know how to set up or maintain either you'll have issues.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:16 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
I think you should get your guitar back from the tech that was trying to do you a "favor". Once you do, we can get to the bottom of the problem.

Jimmy
He is actually a really nice guy. He wants to buy the guitar from me for a good price. So it's okay
Old 10-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Well, the EZ II is not better, just different. If you don't know how to set up or maintain either you'll have issues.
I do know how to set it up. Also, I am already familiar with the zps system, so I should be fine
Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 PM
(a)

Dude, we not pissed OR trying to give you a hard time. Were just trying to help you solve a problem. If your having identical problems with two EP's (your 1570 and your tech's 2570) then the problem is with you or your tech....not the trem. Were telling you this because it can be remedied fairly easily. The EP is a fantastically stable bridge when setup and maintained properly. It is possible to get a bad unit I guess, though I've never seen one (other than those pesky "sound chips"). but the likely hood of having two bad unit's in a row is near impossible.......if you do, start playing the lottery!!!!

Is the EZII worth the money??

Yes, in the premium line. Not so much in standard Indo lineup, but there is a trade-off. You have a better chance of neck alignment issues, fret finish issues, neck finish issues, and paint issues. You'll also be getting inferior pickups, electronics and tuners/hardware in the standard Indo line.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 AM

EZ11 is better than korean ibanez tremolo and lo trs....and premium ibanez indo better than most korea made ibanez
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM

Even new out of the box trems are lubed and such during installation and setup.. and NO.. not every tech knows how to set up a floating tremelo.. if not every player.. then definitely not every tech either.. and to some it would appear to be common sense and to others.. it might as well be quantum physics..I've seen tons of poorly setup trems coming straight from otherwise skilled techs.. not everyone uses a floating trem and even less truly understand setting one up. Also.. if there's any play in the post.. which you'd only really be able to determine from removing the bridge and examing the post themselves and their bushings/insterts.. if there any play in there.. there goes your tuning as well... OR if there's a dinged up knife edge.. OR.. if the V notch on the stud/post where the knife edges pivot.. if those post have a defect in the notch where the edges pivot.. that too could cause you tuning issues... there are quite a few things that could be the culprit and without removing and examining every single little possible detail.. now way to just jump to a conclusion on what it is.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 AM

If the springs don't have enough tension on them, the coils will bind on themselves causing the trem to stop at different places.
I've seen this before.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
If the springs don't have enough tension on them, the coils will bind on themselves causing the trem to stop at different places.
I've seen this before.
Actually I think this could be the case. The Edge Pro doesn't go out of the "standart tuning" but it still it goes a 1/4 step up/down in pitch when it returns from a dive bomb. Could this be fixed by adding a spring?

Tags
edge pro , edge zero , ibanez rg , tuning

Show/Hide Posting Rules