<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)

Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:12 PM

Reviews: 120

Re: Edge pro tuning problem. Is the EZII better?

And it it takes is a bit of metal polish, a rag and elbow grease to polish hideous looking hardware to a nice chrome finish!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 PM
(a)

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
And it it takes is a bit of metal polish, a rag and elbow grease to polish hideous looking hardware to a nice chrome finish!
Here,Here!!!!

good answer my man!!!

Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Please confirm on deny this fully describes your problem.
I confirm
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
This can be addressed later.....again, just a setup issue. Thanks for clarifying.....
You're welcome
Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Okay, thanks!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
(a)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedShrimps View Post
I confirm
Then raise the action and test again. If it's no different, the fix is the same I've ben saying the whole time, lube, /and/or stud mod. If you want to sell the guitar instead of fixing it is your business.

Your trem needs nothing more than a good wipedown with spit on a soft cloth to look good again.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM
(a)

Quote:
good wipedown with spit on a soft cloth to look good again.
Amen Mr. Harris.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Then raise the action and test again. If it's no different, the fix is the same I've ben saying the whole time, lube, /and/or stud mod. If you want to sell the guitar instead of fixing it is your business.

Your trem needs nothing more than a good wipedown with spit on a soft cloth to look good again.
I took the springs off and removed the trem. I cleaned it, placed the saddles correctly and lubed the studs and rasied the action. I did not replace the springs though. But it stays in tune better now. It still wants goes sharp and flat (in standart tuning) when I dive, but less than before. Do you think replacing the springs would complete the Edge Pro and make it good as new?

And I really shouldn't be afraid of replacing the trem again, it wasn't that bad
Old 11-10-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Hey Rich. I know this sounds weird but I placed the springs like this: /|\ because I like when the tension is released at the ligher strings.. And after I did that my RG1570 stays in tune perfectly. Soo.. All this could just be fixed by lubing the studs? If so I feel really stupid for not listening to you. But I've learned a lot from this thread. I bough a RG570 Purple pearl yesterday with the Original Edge. It was poorly set up, so I adjusted the saddles, lubed the studs and cleaned the fretboard and balanced the trem all by my self. And the guitar is wonderful. I'm really happy that I can do all this by my self now. And I only payed 340$ which is very cheap even though it's used
Old 11-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Its because the the /\ springs are stretched further and the coils have less friction on the coils.
Like I said in the beginning.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:22 PM

[quote=FriedShrimps; And the guitar is wonderful. I'm really happy that I can do all this by my self now. [/quote]

Well that's a good thing,as you said yourself you learned a lot from all of this, and that is usually the case-when something isen't quite right and one have to fix it,learning is the consequence. And in this case it turned out to be a moneysaver in the future.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM

Reviews: 120

Hooray, finally! It's a pity it took 9 pages of posts for you to finally accept the advice and try it, but at least you got there in the end.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM
(a)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedShrimps View Post
Hey Rich. I know this sounds weird but I placed the springs like this: /|\ because I like when the tension is released at the ligher strings.. And after I did that my RG1570 stays in tune perfectly. Soo.. All this could just be fixed by lubing the studs? If so I feel really stupid for not listening to you. But I've learned a lot from this thread. I bough a RG570 Purple pearl yesterday with the Original Edge. It was poorly set up, so I adjusted the saddles, lubed the studs and cleaned the fretboard and balanced the trem all by my self. And the guitar is wonderful. I'm really happy that I can do all this by my self now. And I only payed 340$ which is very cheap even though it's used
All you needed was the lube, the right lube, but lube was all it needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
Its because the the /\ springs are stretched further and the coils have less friction on the coils.
Like I said in the beginning.
Please stop. You don't realize there is zero "friction" in a coil whether it's closed or open?
Old 11-10-2012, 05:12 PM
(a)

Quote:
That advice applies to other stuff than guitars. Buy in bulk and save some money.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
That advice applies to other stuff than guitars. Buy in bulk and save some money.

Hahahhahhahhah....

Tags
edge pro, edge zero, ibanez rg, tuning

Show/Hide Posting Rules