Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge Tremolo problem (RG570) - Won't stay in tune after pull

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jhczar 
#1 ·
I've got an RG570DX, purchased new 3 days ago, with an Edge Tremolo.  It appears to be properly set up, according to the guidelines on this page.

The problem is when I pull up on the bar, the strings don't return perfectly to pitch.  They're "in tune" but not perfectly in tune, and that's bad.

Anyone else have similar experiences or advice?  I'd appreciate your replies.  Thanks!

#2 ·
Edge Tremolo problem (RG570)

Czar,
If what you say is true, that the setup looks right, I'd look at the trem angle again. I have all my Ibanez guitars set so the trem lies at a slight negative angle (back of the trem lower than the pivot point). Also...make sure you're not following the Ibanez paperwork that came with your guitar that says to install your springs in a "V" formation. Use the strait formation for even pull on the trem.

As a side note, new, unused springs can be tempermental. I let guitars sit for a day or so with the trem depressed. I used my old nylon army belt to hold the bar down. This lets the springs get stretched out and works to break them in faster.

Your mileage may vary...:)

J>

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.