Ibanez JEM Forum banner

EX350

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  richard1973 
#1 ·
Anybody know anything about this model?

What bridge did it use? I have heard a couple different things but I cannot confirm what bridge it used.... trs, edge, or floyd rose?

Where these made in Japan at any point? Are there any good ones, that will compare to the RGs?

#3 ·
My first Ibby was an EX370 bought new in '93, so I can give you the full scoop. I still have it, believe it or not.

The EX 3XX guitars all came with the LO-TRS trem, and to the best of my knowledge were never made in Japan.

My EX now has a LO-TRS II from a more recent RG400-something with a brass sustain block, an OFR Arm Holder, and Edge studs which have all made it a lot better than it was.

An OFR will fit right in, with the normal TRS to OFR gap on the bass side of the tremolo unit. I hate having the gap there, otherwise I'd just put in an OFR and be done with it.

These guitars were pretty decent for the money back when and can be very capable instruments with the appropriate upgrades in hardware. Basswood (non-ply) bodies, decent necks, etc. They compare more or less to 3xx RG's now, as low-end RG's didn't exist when the EX-3xx guitars were out. It doesn't hurt that you can buy them for milk money these days.

Hope that helps!

#4 ·
I've still got my EX370 (if you search EX370 you should find pics of it on this forum)
It's Korean made, has LO-TRS trem. Trem isnt too good, it stays in tune well and goes down and up alright (though dont expect to do any flutters). The whammy bar screws in which isnt as good because if its loose its not in very solid and rattles, and if its screwed tight it stays rigid so gets in the way.

The neck is great, imagine the thickness of an RG550 neck so its nice and flat, the necks are quite thin (as in space between strings) approx similar to a JS in that respect. Very comfy neck.

Overall : comfy guitar, looks good, feels nice to play, but let down is the trem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.