I MAY have found a 540 Radius but... - Page 2 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-16-2013, 04:54 PM
SonicBlur  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 51  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: I MAY have found a 540 Radius but...


Quote:
Originally Posted by pwsusi View Post
Sorry to hear the deal fell through. The radius is a great guitar. I have several , some are SSH and some HSH, but I don't own a single HH....so I know what you mean about the HH being hard to find.

If you do come across another HSH and you're thinking about buying, just keep in mind the necks on these are very different feeling than a SSH or HH radius. The HSH neck usually has the wizard profile while the other models have a thicker neck (which feels more like a strat). The HSH you were looking at was unique in that it had the thicker neck...most don't. I'm not sure what you prefer but just keep this in mind because to me the difference in feel is a bigger difference between the guitars than the different pickup configs. I actually like the necks on the 1987's the best....they feel somewhere in between the two i described. It's all personal preference. Anyway, good luck with your search and be sure to post pictures when you find one.
Thanks!! And this has become quite the roller coaster as the guy and me are once again talking about this R. If we can come to some sort of fair deal then maybe this will go through. I'm just going to refrain from posting until I know for sure what's going on, LMAO!!! If I do get it, you can be sure I'll make a NGD post.
quote
  #17  
Old 11-17-2013, 12:09 AM
SonicBlur  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 51  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: I MAY have found a 540 Radius but...


Well, turns out we came to a deal and I bought it!! It's coming from Japan so it'll be a while but a NGD is incoming!!! STOKED!!!!!!!!!
quote
  #18  
Old 11-17-2013, 01:59 AM
HeavyMetal4Ever  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 1,271  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: I MAY have found a 540 Radius but...


Hey, congratulations!

Rock on!
quote
 
  #19  
Old 11-17-2013, 02:25 AM
POS RG  is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: detroit
Posts: 931  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: I MAY have found a 540 Radius but...


Awesome. They are great guitars.
Enjoy it and yes, be sure to post some pics.
quote
  #20  
Old 11-17-2013, 02:39 AM
MatiasTolkki  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 4,743  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: I MAY have found a 540 Radius but...


Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlur View Post
Well, turns out we came to a deal and I bought it!! It's coming from Japan so it'll be a while but a NGD is incoming!!! STOKED!!!!!!!!!
Did you happen to get your hands on that one from Kurosawa or from a different place? There's a 540R BB at Kurosawa in Tokyo going for about 500 USD. Looks to be in decent shape from the pics but pics can hide things. Good job on getting one though Can't wait for your NGD
quote
  #21  
Old 11-17-2013, 03:21 PM
SonicBlur  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 51  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: I MAY have found a 540 Radius but...


Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Did you happen to get your hands on that one from Kurosawa or from a different place? There's a 540R BB at Kurosawa in Tokyo going for about 500 USD. Looks to be in decent shape from the pics but pics can hide things. Good job on getting one though Can't wait for your NGD
The seller's location says its in Tokyo, I don't know how close that is to where you're saying but this one is the HSH Jewel Blue 540R so most likely its not the same. I am as excited as a kid on Christmas morning, I can't wait!!!
quote
  #22  
Old 11-18-2013, 12:01 PM
mag8  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Posts: 274  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: I MAY have found a 540 Radius but...


Quote:
Originally Posted by pwsusi View Post

If you do come across another HSH and you're thinking about buying, just keep in mind the necks on these are very different feeling than a SSH or HH radius. The HSH neck usually has the wizard profile while the other models have a thicker neck (which feels more like a strat). The HSH you were looking at was unique in that it had the thicker neck...most don't. I'm not sure what you prefer but just keep this in mind because to me the difference in feel is a bigger difference between the guitars than the different pickup configs. I actually like the necks on the 1987's the best....they feel somewhere in between the two i described. It's all personal preference. Anyway, good luck with your search and be sure to post pictures when you find one.
Not accurate.
watch out when you give suggestions, as this is wrong.
Radiuses had both Ultra and wizards. The choice of neck profile seems to be unrelated to the pickup configuration, rather you have to look at the year, but also from that it's not a given.
I have a 1992 HsH and i can confirm it's an ultra neck. It's a lovely neck, worth buying because it's extremely comfortable (this is my opinion, not everyone loves it this much)
quote
Reply

Tags
540r , jewel blue , radius

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Show/Hide Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To those of you who dislike the 400mm fretboard radius vs the 430mm fretboard radius. GuitarBizarre Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 22 06-10-2012 12:14 PM
Bridge radius vs fretboard radius F242 J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars 4 11-21-2009 10:17 AM
Saddle Radius on Edge Not Matched to Fingerboard Radius? Zerimas Pickups & wiring 5 08-12-2007 05:03 PM
found this on *B*y what the.....? speeddream JEM and Universe Guitars 5 10-02-2005 09:49 PM
JEM7DBK nut/bridge radius differs from neck radius ?!?! jemoctave JEM and Universe Guitars 5 01-30-2005 12:21 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by