IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop) - Page 22 - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #316 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canadia
Posts: 1,905
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Yeah that also makes no sense haha
Stealthtastic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #317 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 03:45 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,145
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Those sweetwater links don't take me to any guitars, did they take them down already?
Fastmerc is offline  
post #318 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: independence MO
Posts: 251
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
Those sweetwater links don't take me to any guitars, did they take them down already?
Yeah they were up for a while shortly then removed, you can still see them in sevenstring.org thread labeled (ibanez 2013)
nathan80 is offline  
post #319 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: independence MO
Posts: 251
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan80 View Post
Yeah they were up for a while shortly then removed, you can still see them in sevenstring.org thread labeled (ibanez 2013)
Page 7
nathan80 is offline  
post #320 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 18
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

It would be great to see less black guitars and more seven strings with Saber bodies.

Just my personal wish.
Trapezoid is offline  
post #321 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 10:21 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 3,692
Reviews: 21
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

I hope they put out solid color Premiums like the 550ish RG950. I guess the mode of thought is putting a mediocre quilt on top justifies the high price tag.
The fixed seven Premium is very nice though.

Last edited by mike570; 12-25-2012 at 10:28 AM.
mike570 is offline  
post #322 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 08:09 PM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 130
Reviews: 5
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You line up 29 more and I'll look into it!
Count me in!!!
whitestrat is offline  
post #323 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 188
Reviews: 7
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

I can't wait for the new UV! It's gonna be my first Vai guitar, I think!
paulramon1992 is offline  
post #324 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 PM
 
CosmicDebris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond VA, USA
Posts: 3,980
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

They really are making some nice looking stuff. I do best with a very round radius fretboard guitars like Strats and JSs. First time I got ahold of a 9.5 radius guitar I was hooked.
CosmicDebris is offline  
post #325 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 11:47 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 122
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulramon1992 View Post
I can't wait for the new UV! It's gonna be my first Vai guitar, I think!
I've been wanting a 7 string for a while now. Now I'll have to hold out until I see the new Universe models.
dratsum is offline  
post #326 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canadia
Posts: 1,905
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulramon1992 View Post
I can't wait for the new UV! It's gonna be my first Vai guitar, I think!
I've been thinking about waiting to see what Ibanez comes out with but chances are they won't stack up to the original line of universes.

Im in a similar predicament (first world problems ftw!) as you are right now. To be honest I would take a 7620 over the current (well, now discontinued lol) universe. It just looks cheap, feels cheap and does not play well, especially for the amount of money Ibanez wants. Even though i know it probably wont happen, I am hoping that the new ones will look less gaudy and at least play as good - if not better than the older ones.

If it helps I was told by that the new models will be more toned down and there will be multiple models released this year.

Rich should totally just PM us the full specs though
Stealthtastic is offline  
post #327 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 AM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 141
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
To be honest I would take a 7620 over the current (well, now discontinued lol) universe. It just looks cheap, feels cheap and does not play well, especially for the amount of money Ibanez wants.
While I agree they were charging a bit much for it, I 100% disagree with your other statement. I got a 2011 Universe from Rich earlier this year and it SMOKES the two 7620s I used to own in terms of quality. Maybe you played a bad apple.
The Shredding Hand is offline  
post #328 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 188
Reviews: 7
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
I've been thinking about waiting to see what Ibanez comes out with but chances are they won't stack up to the original line of universes.

Im in a similar predicament (first world problems ftw!) as you are right now. To be honest I would take a 7620 over the current (well, now discontinued lol) universe. It just looks cheap, feels cheap and does not play well, especially for the amount of money Ibanez wants. Even though i know it probably wont happen, I am hoping that the new ones will look less gaudy and at least play as good - if not better than the older ones.

If it helps I was told by that the new models will be more toned down and there will be multiple models released this year.

Rich should totally just PM us the full specs though
I've already talked to Rich, and his lips are sealed haha. Good on him though, he's doing his job and not ruining the surprise like he very much could.
I just can't wait to see what the new one looks like and put my deposit down on it haha.
paulramon1992 is offline  
post #329 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulramon1992 View Post
I've already talked to Rich, and his lips are sealed haha. Good on him though, he's doing his job and not ruining the surprise like he very much could.
I just can't wait to see what the new one looks like and put my deposit down on it haha.
Yep--he's always tight-lipped about new models. He has to be--good on him!

It shows his integrity.
AlaskaBat is offline  
post #330 of 991 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Contributor
 
OCDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,001
Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Rich is a professional of the highest caliber. The fact that he's loyal to the company is the same thing that makes him loyal and fair to the customers. That's why he has so many devoted customers. When is the JSRich coming out? It's just all based on his preferences, Ibanezrules exclusive.
OCDemon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new Jem at Namm 2013 metalupya JEM and Universe Guitars 82 01-25-2013 08:08 PM
2013 Ibanez Catalogue Sean777 Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 2 01-19-2013 11:07 PM
NGD - scoop of awesome Jack Secret Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 25 12-11-2010 10:09 PM
gunkungfu--anybody know the scoop on this guy?? Robotechnology Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk 1 02-17-2006 05:55 PM
Whammy bar scoop eg Guitar Lessons & Music Theory 0 10-10-2002 10:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome