Ibanez JEM Forum banner

IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

174K views 990 replies 118 participants last post by  MatiasTolkki 
#1 ·
IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)! What will be new,,what to be expected for us ibanez fans who just cant wait. :p anyone know post here :D

#843 ·
In terms of sound, the switch from Humbucker to single coil mode is really gives that guitar it's awesomeness. The True Duo pups are amazing. Clean channel they are as good as any fender single coil. I like my lock nuts so I'm kinda against getting one now, but if that thing had lock nuts standard, I'd buy the thing right away. Being over here in Japan and everyone buying Gibsons or Fenders, I would want one of these just to show those fender players "Hey Ibanez just raped your sound" lol

#844 · (Edited)
REMOVED!

Wow, Guitar Center and Musicians Friend, as of last night from what I have noticed, removed the 2013 Ibanez models from their site.

I think they are waiting for NAMM this week to make official announcement but then put it back on website with "description" which was originally lacking anyway.

Only the European/English sites from what I can see offered descriptions of the 2013 models. On MF/GC you would have had to buy the 2013 Ibanez model without any real knowledge of exactly what was on the guitar. I assume the ones rumored with enhanced parts, like some of the Artcores going from ACH humbuckers to Super 58s, were shipped with the better pickups on the MF/GC site. I expect Ibanez USA to change their site on Thursday this week with full line removing discontinued models and adding new models. I like the ASR Artcores, and especially the cherry transparent one I saw on European site which may not be an American option.

#869 · (Edited)
The Iceman is now "IC" not "ICT"; a bolt-on I'm guessing. Not that I mind but it is different in that regard from the last model. Still 24 frets by the looks of it which is good IMO.

Hmmmm. Looks like the RGA is dead too. Also the RG450 is a price DROP compared to the RG350's last year. I guess they moved production to China?

#870 ·
The Iceman is now "IC" not "ICT"; a bolt-on I'm guessing. Not that I mind but it is different in that regard from the last model. Still 24 frets by the looks of it which is good IMO.
I'm happy they are making Iceman again. I had been wanting one for awhile but with only the Sam Totman Signature out there I've been holding back. Now, if these babies come to Japan... Yeah, they probably wont, US gets all the good stuff (like RG2XXV and 3XXv)

#871 ·
Pics showing the backs of the Iron Labels show no Zero Wheel on the backplate.

Just a traditional plate with the holes to adjust each spring.

So do these still have a ZPS?

I wonder if the other Edge Zero 2 models have also done away with the wheel?

Nobody has the Universe listed yet from what I've seen, though MF and Sweetwater have the other 2013 Ibanez back up (some of them actually in stock).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.