Ibanez JEM Forum banner

IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

174K views 990 replies 118 participants last post by  MatiasTolkki 
#1 ·
IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)! What will be new,,what to be expected for us ibanez fans who just cant wait. :p anyone know post here :D

#880 · (Edited)
Ibanez USA site probably changes today and I hope at 10 A.M. sharp Anaheim, CA time which is about five minutes from now. At least I will be watching to see grand site change. I like some of the Euro and Japan models for 2013 and I hope USA follows suit.

OK, then maybe not at 10 A.M. PST and I noticed Ibanez Japan is still on 2012, too. They seem to have everything Europe and USA have and then some but correct me if I am wrong.

But finally, Musicians Friend has actual descriptions on a few of the 2013 new models like the new ebony fretboard Artstars which differ from rosewood fretboard Artcores. I would think other 2013 Ibanez models will follow suit very soon. I looked at a black 2013 RG and it's still lacking a description.

I don't know why we have already had a lot of 2013 Gibsons up with descriptions up for nearly two months now so that shoots down the theory that early knowledge of guitar gear hurts the company. Gibson, way behind Ibanez on every level and every price point (and I still love Gibson) can do this and I hope Ibby gets to it early next year. Gibson got 2013 stuff up before Christmas which I assume is a key holiday for guitar shopping.

#881 ·
Ibanez USA site probably changes today and I hope at 10 A.M. sharp Anaheim, CA time which is about five minutes from now. At least I will be watching to see grand site change. I like some of the Euro and Japan models for 2013 and I hope USA follows suit.
You might be expecting too much 63Blazer. Sometimes the official site takes a while to update; at times up to a day or two or even more. The retailers seem to be more on the ball in terms of updating their sites. Some, as we've seen, even jumped the gun.

#885 · (Edited)
Just posted:

Ibanez USA on facebook.com has quick snapshots of 2013 USA market models (with previous day's NAMM setup posted yesterday)! Photos are too small to read some of the signs and list prices though.

I think full descriptions will have to wait until Ibanez USA site is totally up and running.

From what I can see:

Noodles tele model in vintage TV yellow is looking seriously hot. Tobacco brown AS73 appears to be a gloss urethane version. Timmons Indo model is here for USA. There also seems to be a nice 7 string J-Custom. Metheny models, China and Japan, both seem to sport single neck humbucker. Artist at booth is wielding a black RG8.

Well, it's a day off and laundry semi-done and have to walk dog and shop but will keep computer on Ibby USA page to see what happens, if anything. :)

#887 ·
Well if their omission is validation I guess the RG15XX Prestige line is 86'ed. I guess it makes sense as the Premiums ate their price point. Probably a lot of unsold inventory over the last few years didn't make people happy.
Maybe a solid color HSH Premium will take their place eventually.
LTD Elites are $1,400. Are they're Chinese or Indo parts assembled in Japan or are they 100% MIJ?
I like the lower end RG's, the Iron Labels, and the Iceman. The UV70 isn't bad either.

#892 · (Edited)
music 123 has some 2013s online now, but like most others, no description yet. I am wondering when MF gets more of the 2013s sites updated with descriptions. Some Euro sites had this info last week though a few mistakenly got some stuff wrong. It was only in saying the "expressionist" Artcore models, which were upped by better pups, also go the addition of an ebony fretboard, which now appears to be wrong. The Artcore series' top of the line "Artstars" are the ones which share everything with Artcore but add the ebony fretboards.

Anyway, all will be clear when the official sites of Ibanez everywhere gets their business updated. The more affordable Timmons model had a much friendlier USA price compared to other market prices so that was a welcome bit of information for us in the US. I have a pretty good idea of what is what with the models I am tracking but there could be some small surprises coming up when the fat lady sings.

#898 ·
Wow, the RG950s are standard RGs. Typically that price point (and model number over 800) has been reserved for Premiums.

Guitar center posted a 2 minute video on youtube already, talking about the iron label. IF you look closely, in the background there are new Xiphos colors. They look AMAZING.

#904 ·
I only have the specs up of what I'll carry, the others will no doubt have the rest of the specs up before I get my report done. I've got dinner in an hour and the pics are still loading.

As for the shot, I meant I rearanged the display because I wanted that shot of the 2 together ;)

Pics are loaded if anybody wants to trudge thru the folder. Maybe someday I'll learn how to set up a slideshow!

http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/images/2013

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.