Ibanez JEM Forum banner

IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

174K views 990 replies 118 participants last post by  MatiasTolkki 
#1 ·
IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)! What will be new,,what to be expected for us ibanez fans who just cant wait. :p anyone know post here :D

#917 ·
I'm not happy with this camera at all. I took both to the show, started with the one I prefer but it would not switch into macro mode, gave up used the other. Of course when I tested back in the hotel it works perfect.

And my internet connection just plain SUCKS!

The UTA Ultralight Trem Arm comes with every MIJ JEM and JS.

#923 ·
Make no bones about it, that bridge was cast, so they spent the dime to get the tooling made. It may just be a tease now but I can guarantee you 9's will be coming. They would have just pieced one together from 2 bridges if it was a 1 off.

You're not ordering any Iceman 7s, Rich?
I can order anything anybody wants, but I don't have the room, or the desire to stock everything they make, especially all the Indo breeds. I will say right now that the base Indo is definitely getting better.

Met Rich in person at the show today. Good dude, knows his stuff.

The new stuff looks good, but nothing really jumped out at me hard in a "need one now" way.
Back at ya, but my neck is still hurting. You're 9'7" and I'm barely 4'3"!

#928 ·
Don't be fooled into thinking they're as good as the J's, cosmetics, woods, feel etc, they're not going to give the J's a run for some time, if ever. But, the fret ends have gotten much better.

I didn't pay that much attention to any certain model, just checked out several as I was going along to see how they were getting.

#931 ·
The base Indo RG's IMO are the best value for their price point by any guitar manufacturer; period! And EZ2 has only made them better.
I might even try to get a black RG450 to replace the 350's I sold off, especially as the RG440 doesn't look to be coming to the US. The RG7420 was interesting but, man, those pickup rings kind of ruin it for me.
Kudos also to Ibanez for REDUCING their prices on base Indo!

#934 ·
With all this goodness coming out, the two guitars that stand out the most are these two. Notice a pattern? :) As much as I love the JS's,they just dont work for me, as much as I would love to have a Jem 7, I cant see spending that kind of cash for one and as much as I have learned about my habits, I gotta have something I am not afraid to play.

#935 · (Edited)
The full descriptions and dimensions I was wondering about for USA market are finally up on the site.

The Artcores I was most concerned about seemed to have redone their necks to a slightly slimmer dimension though nowhere near the slim necks of S and RG guitars and what Ibanez is famous for. Far more Artcore models now have the more versatile alnico 58s (a little better for rock than less dynamic, ceramic ACH pickups, but smoother way better for jazz) and that's a good thing but they were traded out for cheaper block inlays instead of the fancier abalone inlays that were commonplace at that price point in 2012. If you could hang with the slightly fatter neck of a 2012 Arctore 90s series which had the nicer inlays, the best option would have been to buy that but then put in Ibanez 58 pups later on. If you want the abalone neck inlays AND the 58s, then the option is the higher end Arstar series.

For metal, the Iron Label stuff is totally bare bones and workable. Black and white are simple and there's no flamed maple to get hung up about. I like a simple, hard rock machine like these and their cool features like fat back neck stripe bubinga wood and kill switch are pretty much something only the player knows about in what is otherwise very generic looking guitar. I may go for one of these to balance out the more visual guitars I have right now and $600 or $700 street seems amazing.

The wenge/bubinga neck on the Tosin Abasi is just amazing and I hope Ibby incorporates that with 6 and 7 string models more. I wish the whole guitar was natural and not just the back but otherwise a masterpiece.

#937 ·
Now that they have everything up at Ibanez.com, it does look like they got rid of the ZPS on all the Edge Zero IIs. I wonder if that's any contribution to the 450s being cheaper than the 350s were?

I know some (most?) don't like the ZPS itself, but I like the wheel. Really speeds up setup for me.

#951 ·
This year will be a good year for Ibanez. Seven string JEM was a great move, and I think it's gonna sell like hell. They could have used a lo pro edge for the Premium UV, but despite of that, I like it a lot.

I just fell in love with the Tosin Abasi signature model! It's so different and fresh. And the J Custom eight's... Pure win! Way to go Ibanez!

And as always, Rich didn't let us down with he's great pics and NAMM report :)

#961 ·
This year will be a good year for Ibanez. Seven string JEM was a great move, and I think it's gonna sell like hell. They could have used a lo pro edge for the Premium UV, but despite of that, I like it a lot.

I just fell in love with the Tosin Abasi signature model! It's so different and fresh. And the J Custom eight's... Pure win! Way to go Ibanez!

And as always, Rich didn't let us down with he's great pics and NAMM report :)
Where is his 2013 NAMM report, I see all the other previous years?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.