Ibanez JEM Forum banner

IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

174K views 990 replies 118 participants last post by  MatiasTolkki 
#1 ·
IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)! What will be new,,what to be expected for us ibanez fans who just cant wait. :p anyone know post here :D

#67 ·
Keep arguing warped mentality.

Their property is their property, no matter what the permissions of a folder are set to. If snooping in there is not illegal, WTF cares, once you take private property and make it public, don't pretend to tell me there's anything "right" about it, but you'll keep arguing it.

#68 ·
At least get your argument with me straight.

I said it was morally questionable to share the pics with others. I'm not even arguing that.

I just said Ibanez cannot complain about people finding images in a public folder. That's the whole purpose of a public folder.

Do you think if Coca-Cola put their formula in a public folder and someone found it they could complain? No. Sure, it's their property, but they put it in a public folder. At best it's an "oops, we effed up" moment.

The lesson here is: do not put things in a public folder if you do not want others to see them.

#71 ·
Why in the world would anybody think anything that belongs to somebody else isn't their PRIVATE PROPERTY!! Like you said, just because a lawn ornament is in the front yard, the front yard is still PRIVATE PROPERTY!

And obviously the finding wasn't the biggest problem was it, it was the a-hole that thought everybody would give him a big pat on the back for making it public that was the real problem............

Stealing is stealing, and I'm not the only one that sees it that way, deal with it.

#73 ·
Because it's in a public folder.

Your front yard is private property, not public. It's not even remotely similar to stealing a lawn ornament from someone's front yard.

And I don't think anyone was denying that it was Ibanez's. They didn't put another logo on it or anything.

Regardless, I'm sure Ibanez learned from their mistake and in the future won't make anything publicly accessible that they don't want the public to access.

#74 ·
Ibanez property is private property, no matter where they put it. If I park my car in the street it's still MINE!!! If I park it at the mall and leave it unlocked with the keys in it, it's still MINE!! If somebody steals it, it's still GRAND THEFT AUTO!!.

Your arguments are not only boring, they're irritating.

#79 · (Edited)
I'm sorry you do not understand.

There is only one of your car. If someone steals it, you do not have it anymore.

If someone finds a pic online in a public folder and saves a copy, nothing was stolen.

No one claimed or used the image as their own.

Since you run a website, I hope you are learning stuff from this thread because I can tell this is an important topic for you.

Here, I will give you Cliffs Notes. Make sure your webmaster knows these things:

- edit: instructions for protecting your website and files removed. I don't help people who are rude.

#81 ·
Wow. After you demonstrate that you don't know anything about internet security or permissions, I give advice to help you out and secure your own website because getting your knickers in this big of a twist over what happened to Ibanez means there are things that would be a big deal to you that you are unaware of. Then you insult me again, after implying I am a thief (even tho I wasn't involved in it, but even if I was, nothing was stolen and nothing illegal was done).

I've edited my previous post and removed my advice for preventing unwanted access to your site and images. I'm no longer willing to help you secure your website, and I will never do business with you because you don't conduct yourself well in this public forum.

Peace.

#82 ·
I didn't ask or want your advice, if I did I would have asked for it.

And one more time for those that evidently rode the short bus on internet LAW.

Take a picture from my site, I don't care what folder it's in, take one that is published, take one off ebay, take one off Jemsite, it doesn't matter where you take it from, it is the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY of whoever owns the picture. Where it was never mattered in the equation. USE that picture and it is against the law, it's called copyright infringement, and yes, it's illegal [material in the public domain not withstanding]. And taking the picture to use is theft of copyrighted material.

Do you really think I care if you don't want to do buy anything?! Please, don't, because I wouldn't sell you anything anyway, because of the way you conduct yourself on this site.

#84 ·
To me it seems like a pretty obvious move for Ibanez to release the 70V in additional colors. But that's just to me.

The only thing I'll say about the Anniversary RG thing is that wherever you fall on the issue, that's a really, really rookie move by the Ibanez IT department. They're really lucky that the picture was posted here and we have generally really respectful people, who didn't simply copy and re-host the image. Look at any other viral image or video out there that someone is trying to remove from circulation. Eventually there are just so many copies hosted at so many different places that they become effectively impossible to remove.

#86 ·
It depends on if it's trash night or recyclables night.

To me it seems like a pretty obvious move for Ibanez to release the 70V in additional colors. But that's just to me.

The only thing I'll say about the Anniversary RG thing is that wherever you fall on the issue, that's a really, really rookie move by the Ibanez IT department. They're really lucky that the picture was posted here and we have generally really respectful people, who didn't simply copy and re-host the image. Look at any other viral image or video out there that someone is trying to remove from circulation. Eventually there are just so many copies hosted at so many different places that they become effectively impossible to remove.
I think it's just the way they've always done things. Ibanez may be worth millions, but it's not like Toyota, worth billions, and would have a reason to protect their new hybrid technology or reasearch. We're talking about guitars, simple guitars, nothing cutting edge, and the only reason they would need protecting is to keep those that would spoil their plans from doing so.

Then lets look at Japanese culture. It's a very polite culture, and a completely different world than western culture. That may affect their philosophy about internet security. But if you get down to the bottom line, Ibanez was very slow to react to the internet to begin with. We used to have very long discussions about it many years ago. No doubt they're very slow to react to internet threats, piracy of intellectual material, and everything else that can happen that they're not anticipating.

I'm not saying I know this is the case, and it could absolutely be some dumb mistake. But I don't think it was anything other than business as usual, and this time it hurt them, just as wiki-leaks has been hurting them for years. If anything hopefully they learn how to protect what they consider important enough to, but I don't think it's one of their top priorities, like surviving the Euro recession or the exchange rates that are killing US business. They have plenty of fish to fry and I'm sure they have a priority list for the kitchen.

#90 ·
I agree on the 70V color option. As I said already more colors especially continuing BOLD ones across the entire Ibanez board. With all the reissue love recently in the past 5 years, Road Flare Red, Desert Sun Yellow with the 20th, the current Neon Pink/Yellow etc.... on the 25th I don't see why not have a few 70V available in those flavors too. Again Steve would have to be involved in that decision making process.

Also maybe this is the year we see a JS Premium. Now that is something I might have to aggressively consider purchasing. Satch has always been on of my favorite musicians and a JS is just bound to happen in a premium variety eventually.

#100 ·
I don't mind 22 frets until I'm up at the 15th fret or so. Even if I don't use them, feel-wise I get a sense of disconnect of where I am on the neck; even if I'm not looking down at the fretboard. I can deal with 22 frets but I have to mentally remind myself when playing that I'm playing a 22 fret guitar - if that makes any sense.
The same goes for seven strings. I mentally ignore the top string until I need it. If I daydream I might get lost. :D
I guess this comes from playing RGs forever.

#104 ·
Since I just checked in a 920 it might as well serve as an example of current build.

String alignment actually good, nicer than average piece of rosewood, decent veneer top, headstock a little weak, the aanj holes better than previous, much cleaner and crisp, typical cosmetics, patch of light scratches lower front that weren't polished out enough, "dirty" line to the edge of the veneer, the trem baseplate wiped with something too rough that put light scratches in the cosmo. Run on sentence?

The frets done by one of the Indo's, he's gotten pretty good and even, light on the tool marks, the edge rounding not as round as the best, but for whatever reason this one never got a fret polishing. You can see the ends are very consistent round but rough and not smooth [much less polished], and perpendicular crowning scratching on the frets.

Technical, nut radius very good, bridge radius always too flat, and sometimes erratic [this one flat but smooth], nuts cut low enough they don't need work.

You guys always want to know about setup so, too high of course [2.5ish], neck perfectly straight [too straight], trem block not against the zps bar, way out of tune flat which may actually bring the block to the bar, so pretty typical. I don't have to correct the typical pocket alignment but i have to do a fret polish instead ;)

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/new/rg920qm/rdt/10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.