<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)

Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM

Re: IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
PRS has a lot of great budget and moderately priced offerings but stores seem to like to carry only the Custom 24 and stuff like that in three grand range and it cheats the company out of sales they could make in under $1000 dollar range, and under $2,000 dollar range.
Until recently I didn't even know PRS had any sub-$1,000 guitars. Everything I'd seen at the big chains was the expensive stuff.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:27 PM

Reviews: 21

With the widespread showrooming that goes on these days I surprised sometimes if I even see higher end inventory at a store. I guess it also depends where your store is located. I'm betting a GC, say, near the DC area, with all the lawyers and lobbyists and such nearby, might be more likely to have higher end stuff than my local GC. That said I usually see a Jem7VWH in stores down here, maybe onePrestige (usually on blow out these days) maybe one or two Premiums and a lot of lower end Indo stuff.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfistx View Post
Until recently I didn't even know PRS had any sub-$1,000 guitars. Everything I'd seen at the big chains was the expensive stuff.
Street price, or at least in small store near me, have Korean made PRS SE models of 24 and Singlecuts for $600 to $700, SE models going up past $1000, PRS USA stuff with solid finishes and bolt-on maple necks starting at $1500, and premium flamed, set neck stuff which is what most people think of strat-like, vintage non-locking trem, 24 fret PRS starting at over $2500 all the way to double that for custom shop.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 01-10-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 PM
(a)
Rich  is online
Vendor

I haven't looked in my GC in a couple years but Sam Ash is in the same complex and between the two you could definitely find a JEM and some Prestige, but I won't find one at any of the independents anywhere in my area. The internet has completely changed the way most guitars are now sold. Independents can't get you one to try out becuase that means they just bought an expensive unit that they can't return, and they can't sell either, you're the only one that wanted one.

GC loaded up on JC's and EVO's for their highest grossing stores last year, especially JC's. If I had known they were going to but that many or I might not have ordered quite so many. They're a little tougher to sell when the empire sprinkles a couple hundred of them around the US.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I haven't looked in my GC in a couple years but Sam Ash is in the same complex and between the two you could definitely find a JEM and some Prestige, but I won't find one at any of the independents anywhere in my area. The internet has completely changed the way most guitars are now sold. Independents can't get you one to try out becuase that means they just bought an expensive unit that they can't return, and they can't sell either, you're the only one that wanted one.

GC loaded up on JC's and EVO's for their highest grossing stores last year, especially JC's. If I had known they were going to but that many or I might not have ordered quite so many. They're a little tougher to sell when the empire sprinkles a couple hundred of them around the US.
And what absolutly kills Ibanez are examples like the JC at the GC near me. Half a pick sized ding down to the wood on the face near the switch and volume. Its been that way for over a month. If GC cared they would at the least send it to someone to touch up but they dont and it only kills perceptions of Ibanez from someone who doesnt know better.

Every guitar I pick up over there, like someone just mentioned, has the worst setups. Truss out of wack, action to crap etc.....Ive been in software sales for years and I NEVER let a trial out before me and my team have a chane to explain and walk a client through the tools we have. I address perceptions and percieved shortcoming immediatly before it gets in the way of its features.

Sometimes I wish (In a perect world) Ibanez would take one year off from so many new models and advancments and retool the process in which they distribute to dealers. Send a rep to every GC and Sam Ash. Use Rich's model as the standard.....Im ranting sorry.....
Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM
(a)

Reviews: 1

Our local Ibanez "dealer" (not a national chain) hasn't had a new Ibanez, indo or mij, in over 2 years. Owner says they lost the midwest supplier some time ago and no one from Ibanez has contacted anyone near here. Wether that's true or not, I don't know. Never got any anniversary guitars from last year at all but had catalogs.??? I still complain every time I go in. The amp tech and guitar repair guy are the best in town though. If I want to try something out like pedals or amps, I bring in my JEM or 770FM just to show 'em what what a real guitar is. Not a wall of Schecters.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead52 View Post
Our local Ibanez "dealer" (not a national chain) hasn't had a new Ibanez, indo or mij, in over 2 years. Owner says they lost the midwest supplier some time ago and no one from Ibanez has contacted anyone near here. Wether that's true or not, I don't know. Never got any anniversary guitars from last year at all but had catalogs.??? I still complain every time I go in. The amp tech and guitar repair guy are the best in town though. If I want to try something out like pedals or amps, I bring in my JEM or 770FM just to show 'em what what a real guitar is. Not a wall of Schecters.
A lot of schecter's stuff isn't terrible, I'd take a low end Schecter over a low end ibby any day.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 PM
(a)

Our local Craigslist has a better variety of guitar, brands, range,and quality than our GC and Same Ash. I can't remember the last guitar I got from a brick store.

I did get an amp but only because I wanted to try it out. Even then the best Prestige they had was a 1820X which had the most light and dry RW board I have ever seen. So out of tune buzzing all over the neck, and chips along the back edges.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:04 AM

The Empire! LMAO!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead52 View Post
Sounds like he was left out in the cold when Cheseboro went under.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 AM

so stoked to see all these new beauts!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by py36 View Post
And what absolutly kills Ibanez are examples like the JC at the GC near me. Half a pick sized ding down to the wood on the face near the switch and volume. Its been that way for over a month.

Every guitar I pick up over there, like someone just mentioned, has the worst setups. Truss out of wack, action to crap etc.....
My local GC has a J-Custom which is beautiful but the setup is awful. It certainly did not make me want to buy, as great as it COULD be.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 AM
(a)

My very first Ibanez came from a GC in July 1997. I was going to upgrade from my starter guitar that I'd had for six years and they were selling brand new silver sparkle '96 RG517's for $330. They had a USRG30BT sitting on the rack for over a year. The guitar was so badly set up that it was virtually unplayable.

I was literally standing at the counter trying to pay for the RG517 when I overheard the salesman talking about trying to get someone to take the USRG for $500. That was back in the day when they could actually haggle on price. Apparently someone paid the deposit then bailed. Needless to say I walked out of there with the USRG.

The fact that the guitar wasn't all that great in the end is a whole 'nother story.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM

voilá
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroduartewr View Post

voilá
i'd hit that!

Show/Hide Posting Rules