Ibanez JEM Forum banner

IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

174K views 990 replies 118 participants last post by  MatiasTolkki 
#1 ·
IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)! What will be new,,what to be expected for us ibanez fans who just cant wait. :p anyone know post here :D

#290 · (Edited)
Will we finally get rid of the sustain killing, low mass tremolo block, ball bearing mechanism using, inferior ZR Trem?

I really hope so. I tried it, and it totally killed sustain on my S570 compared to my older S470 with knive edges and pivots. If Ibanez still wants to force every S-lover to use ZR, I guess I just have to buy older and used S-models with traditional tremolo systems.

#292 ·
I think the ZR is the best tremolo design Ibanez has ever made. It returns to pitch better than any of my Edge equipped guitars and using it doesn't affect the action of the strings over the fretboard.

The sustain block could do with being larger, and the ZPS is useless, but what I want to see is an improved ZR, not a return to older paradigms.

#291 ·
I've got an S540, FGM400, S1520, S5EX1 w/Prestige neck and ZR, and an S5470 w/ZRII. Very little difference between them in terms of sustain. The FGM and S1520 both have brass big blocks and noiseless springs too. Didn't really change much. I think it's inherent to the guitar's design.

#313 ·
I don't understand the RG7421. It's not labeled as a Premium. It doesn't have the Gibraltar Standard bridge but the old Gotoh style tailpiece and it's $400 as opposed to $450 like the 7321.
I hope Ibanez doesn't s-can the Gibraltar Standard. IMO it's one of the best fixed bridges out there on a budget Ibanez. I love it on my RG7321.
That Premium Andy Timmons is awesome!

#315 ·
It is odd they changed it from 73 to 74, you would think since its moving up in numbers that it would have moved up to some better pickups or something around those lines? I actually like the gibralter bridge as opposed to the old style fixed, more room to rest your hand on, but thats just my personal preference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.