Ibanez 540P/540PII owners? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 09:24 AM

Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands
Hey I saw his 540PII on that video. A red one. He used it in the studio while recording the solo for "Nothing but Love". I'm sure the guitar was intact at that point. Is it somewhere else in that video that you saw the cut off?
oh you're right, in that video the horn is still intact. but i'm sure i've seen in a video, maybe a Young Guitar video, and also in a guitar magazine where the horn is cut off. too bad...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sers
What about a cool Graphic desing?? like the old usa customs
or a yellow & black swirl (yellow logo of course
or a Picasso graphic in red, black, yellow and grey ( a kind of germany flag), I would love to see a picasso Graphic in a 540PII. It would be really cool.

whatever you do, please post pics when it done!!!

regards
Yes, I've been thinking about that too. I think something like a Lizard- or snakeskin design would suit this guitar very well. I'm not too keen on swirls and I think the body is too small for a decent swirl.
Too bad I don't know any shop in Holland that would be able to do a skinjob!
post #33 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno
i'd choose a neon color as it was in that era. with complementing pickups colors, i.e. neon pink w/neon green pickups, or red with white pickups, or so.
Also good idea to keep it in the likes of that era. Neon pink would actually also be very cool. Too many choices!!!
What do you think about a skin Nuno?
post #34 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 11:42 AM

that would be freakin cool actually, even cause the lower horn would look like the snake's tail, sooo long and pointy! but you mean skin graphics or real skin, or kind of printed fabric?
post #35 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno
that would be freakin cool actually, even cause the lower horn would look like the snake's tail, sooo long and pointy! but you mean skin graphics or real skin, or kind of printed fabric?
Well, if I'm correct some of the skins are graphics and some are real fabric under a layer of clearcoat (like some of the Jems, FP and BFP).
I'm thinking of one of these. They're awesome for the 540PII me thinks:
JUST IMAGINE THE BODY OF A 540PII WITH ONE THESE SKINS!!!!

post #36 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 01:53 PM

Cool!

Regards

André
post #37 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 10:43 PM

I remember here in Australia.......well Sydney anyway, when the 540PII was released they couldn't give the things away & they were going for ridiculous closeout prices, I look back & think damn I should have grabbed one. The neon orange & desert yellow looked awesome, but the black is way cool. I personally think it would look bitchin if you were to fill in the holes for the pick guard or use a clear pickguard & get it done in a black & white swirl. Aggressive, understated, yet very elegant all at the same time. Thats my $0.02's worth anyways.

Catch ya's later...........Joe
post #38 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:32 AM

the snake skin is super cool!
i usually rather non-pickguard guitars too, their more "clean" looking but the P-II pickguard is so cool that i could never get rid of it. that guitar is one of the most underrated ever. what it makes me wonder is that the P-II also sounds awesome, you would never expect that blasting sound from this little cutie!
post #39 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sleeper
I remember here in Australia.......well Sydney anyway, when the 540PII was released they couldn't give the things away & they were going for ridiculous closeout prices, I look back & think damn I should have grabbed one. The neon orange & desert yellow looked awesome, but the black is way cool. I personally think it would look bitchin if you were to fill in the holes for the pick guard or use a clear pickguard & get it done in a black & white swirl. Aggressive, understated, yet very elegant all at the same time. Thats my $0.02's worth anyways.

Catch ya's later...........Joe
Hey, last time I went through Newtown, the Hock/Music shop on King Street had a slightly battered pink Radius I think H-S-S, if any Sydneysiders are interested......
post #40 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll
Hey, last time I went through Newtown, the Hock/Music shop on King Street had a slightly battered pink Radius I think H-S-S, if any Sydneysiders are interested......
Was it called Pete's Musicians Market? He deals in 2nd hand music gear & is on King St. Newtown. If it was just a regular hock shop well you'd be doing the run of Newtown because there's quite a few hock shops around there

Catch ya later........Joe
post #41 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemmm
Have 540P in collection. Really like body shape, and love strange pup combo.

Would like to add 540PII to collection. But as the are quite hard to get hold off (patience is not my virtue!!!), I might build one and do something special with it (Bigsby, Tele trem, etc), although Maxxas 7 string copy will be first on the list.

Recently bumped into 540PII that owner had attacked with paintstripper and bandsander. It put tears to my ears.
I LOVE that guitar. What a cool colour. You're lucky man.
post #42 of 338 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 03:51 PM

Wait till I finish my 540PVII copy. :-)

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/in...522&hl=540PVII
post #43 of 338 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 12:27 PM

I just recently picked up a 540P in Carotene Orange. Exc shape.
Made Jan 1987. Ser is A8700361
Did Ibanez have the S numbers lined up with the production built like PRS does?
Does anyone know how many of these were made and what they are worth???
Thanks
post #44 of 338 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 06:53 PM

you guys have no doubt seen my 540 p

well, i have a 24 fret on the way... its black and has the H H config...I will either get EMG 85's for it or PRS pickups for it....

Jared
post #45 of 338 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 10:38 PM

Interesting 540P^. I always thought that the lower horn on those were too big for my tastes, nice guitars nonetheless though. I really like the shape of those Power series guitars like the one pictured on Satch's Not Of This Earth and Dreaming #11 albums.

Tags
alex skolnick , body shape , cavity cover , custom necks , david mccarroll , edge trem , floyd rose , fret board , fret level , fret leveling , guitar collection , guitar mag , joe satriani , kramer pacer , local luthier , lock nut , neck pickup , neck plate , neck plates , paul gilbert , pickup cavity , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , toggle switch , tremolo cavity , tremolo system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode