Ibanez 540P/540PII owners? - Page 6 - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 338 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WI
Posts: 72
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1 View Post
here it is, thanks for the help...

Nice...that's just what mine looked like before the swirl.
swirlgirl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 338 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 04:53 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 3,614
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Mine is exactly the same. And for sale... I'm all Kramer these days...
The Euphor is offline  
post #78 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 456
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Thread revival here!

My brother-in-law FINALLY finished painting my 540pii body (1 year later). He did it in a candy red over an orange base with flames (orange to green). I started assembling it last night.

I will post some pics of it the project when I get home from work tonight.
Canadian Mark is offline  
post #79 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 12:24 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 650
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

This one is also pictured above...I bought it from Heartfielder (Thanks man!)

One of my Favorites. I also had a black one on loan and bought a project one that I ended up turning over due to it being too much work.

metalgod72 is offline  
post #80 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 12:28 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 456
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgod72 View Post
This one is also pictured above...I bought it from Heartfielder (Thanks man!)

One of my Favorites. I also had a black one on loan and bought a project one that I ended up turning over due to it being too much work.

Very cool! I was thinking of having my brother-in-law paint mine DY, but I thought I should give him free reign.
Canadian Mark is offline  
post #81 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 456
Canadian Mark is offline  
post #82 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Argentina
Posts: 266
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

OH MY GOD!!!
I REALLE WANT ONE OF THIS BABES!!!
The Shape of the 540pII is perfect!!!

Congrast man!! Love the flames!!!
sers is offline  
post #83 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 456
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sers View Post
OH MY GOD!!!
I REALLE WANT ONE OF THIS BABES!!!
The Shape of the 540pII is perfect!!!

Congrast man!! Love the flames!!!
Thanks! I've never seen one in real life personally. The body is a reproduction (almost everything else is Ibanez). I don't know if the body is identical to a real ibanez, but it looks close enough for me.
Canadian Mark is offline  
post #84 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:11 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Argentina
Posts: 266
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Wow!!
Do you have a template for the 540pII Body??
Could you please send it to me?
sergiosilvagni@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot Man!!!
sers is offline  
post #85 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 08:49 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 456
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sers View Post
Wow!!
Do you have a template for the 540pII Body??
Could you please send it to me?
sergiosilvagni@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot Man!!!
I bought it from Monster Guitars. They actually have one for sale on E*** right now with a Buy-it-now price of $175 (item# 160191742619). This is the picture of the exact body I bought.

When I got mine it did require some modifications (neck pocket had to be sized properly, tremolo route had to be enlarged to fit Edge, tremolo post insert holes were too small for the inserts, minor reshaping to the horns-they were too 'sharp'). It did, however, come with the cavity covers.

They guy claims to be able to build a body for whatever tremolo system and neck you want. I have an actual pii neck which doesn't have the typical fretboard overhang, so that had to be taken into account.

He claims his bodies are 'ready to play'. He didn't seem to get mine right and shipping bodies back and forth for corrections is very expensive, so be careful if you buy a body from him. I spent about $300 having a local luthier fix the problems.

Good luck!
Canadian Mark is offline  
post #86 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 09:56 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: England
Posts: 469
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

I love the shape of these, so tried making one from a left hand body
andyt is offline  
post #87 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 10:13 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago 'burbs
Posts: 996
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mark View Post
I bought it from Monster Guitars. They actually have one for sale on E*** right now with a Buy-it-now price of $175 (item# 160191742619). This is the picture of the exact body I bought.

When I got mine it did require some modifications (neck pocket had to be sized properly, tremolo route had to be enlarged to fit Edge, tremolo post insert holes were too small for the inserts, minor reshaping to the horns-they were too 'sharp'). It did, however, come with the cavity covers.

They guy claims to be able to build a body for whatever tremolo system and neck you want. I have an actual pii neck which doesn't have the typical fretboard overhang, so that had to be taken into account.

He claims his bodies are 'ready to play'. He didn't seem to get mine right and shipping bodies back and forth for corrections is very expensive, so be careful if you buy a body from him. I spent about $300 having a local luthier fix the problems.

Good luck!

Wow! I don't typically go for that flame look, but that is a great color combination. Very nicely done - my compliments to your brother-in-law!

I was wondering how those bodies were from that guy - I've also got a PII neck that is currently on my triple coil 540P, but I've been thinking about doing a PII with it, so that's good information, thanks.
gpenguins is offline  
post #88 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:18 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 456
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpenguins View Post
Wow! I don't typically go for that flame look, but that is a great color combination. Very nicely done - my compliments to your brother-in-law!

I was wondering how those bodies were from that guy - I've also got a PII neck that is currently on my triple coil 540P, but I've been thinking about doing a PII with it, so that's good information, thanks.
That triple coil 540P is a cool guitar. It didn't originally come with a reverse headstock, did it?
Canadian Mark is offline  
post #89 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago 'burbs
Posts: 996
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mark View Post
That triple coil 540P is a cool guitar. It didn't originally come with a reverse headstock, did it?
No, I got a 540P-II neck on a 560 body from **** - I got a great deal, too. Anyway, for awhile I had that neck on a DY 540 S, which looked pretty cool, but once I got the triple coil, I thought it'd look pretty cool on there. Now I'm kinda digging on the P-IIs though.
gpenguins is offline  
post #90 of 338 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:29 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago 'burbs
Posts: 996
Re: Ibanez 540P/540PII owners?

For reference, here's what the 540S DY looked like with the 540P-II neck(although it's since been modded to HSH and obviously the neck has been changed - to a forward sharktooth neck):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/sabredsy.jpg
gpenguins is offline  
Reply

Tags
alex skolnick , body shape , cavity cover , custom necks , david mccarroll , edge trem , floyd rose , fret board , fret level , fret leveling , guitar collection , guitar mag , joe satriani , kramer pacer , local luthier , lock nut , neck pickup , neck plate , neck plates , paul gilbert , pickup cavity , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , toggle switch , tremolo cavity , tremolo system

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ibanez & Vai timeline of events - working together jemsite Archived Topics and Common Questions 16 04-02-2009 02:38 PM
'Custom' Ibanez Shredder stuck in the 80s JEM and Universe Guitars 40 05-16-2007 02:01 PM
Ibanez catalogs - call for scans jemsite Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 82 03-27-2006 10:38 PM
FS:\ Ibanez HR Giger w/ Ibanez case NEW!!! rikkbeatty Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 2 02-20-2006 01:17 PM
Ibanez Signature built by not Ibanez in the 80's? The Euphor JEM and Universe Guitars 3 06-29-2002 09:05 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome