Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez Roadstar II

Tags
roadstar 2
5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Mr_Scotia 
#1 · (Edited)
I just purchased an Ibanez Roadstar II RS205 1983. It's Made in Japan serial number J830104. I've found some conflicting info about whether these were made in Fujigen or Terada factory. Most of the info I found says solid bodies were made in Fujigen but there was one online serial number thing that said it was made in Terada. Any info is appreciated. I have never even heard of Terada factory. Is it comparable to Fujigen in quality?

#2 · (Edited)
Hello. I just bought an 84 roadster II rs240 with original hard case. I have had 3 RS guitars, a blazer and a rr . As far as I have seen and know they are both about the same. Still great quality from factory. They are old guitars and the original owners make a huge difference how the guitar will survive later on. But I have seen and played many from both and have seen or felt no difference between the two. But today it's worse. I have played American strats that were worse than the Mexican strats. But if you get a well taken care of old made in Japan Ibanez , you can count on them being well made guitars. But like any guitar the sound will differ from one to another of the same year and model. But from what I have heard the 70s and 80s mij models had a smaller veriance in sound due to quality control of the wood and pickups. Never understood why old mij Ibanez guitars are so underrated. I think it's those guitars purists. Can't stand them. Lol but nice buy. You ever want to sell let me know.

#4 ·
Fender Noiseless are quiet but they don't sound like real single coils. They are about midway between single coil and humbucker. I'm debating keeping them in or going back to the originals or maybe get a better set of true single coils

#8 ·
So the fender noiseless don't sound like a true single coil but they are great pickups. Still have treblierness than a humbucker. Great for higain pedals like DS-1 or Fulltone OCD cranked. I recorded with them and they sound great so I will save the custom shop 69s for my Fujigen Strat in case want a better sound

#12 · (Edited)
Fender Custom Shop '69 pickups are amazing and they really sound like an old Stratocaster. I highly recommend them. Only thing is, true to that era the middle isn't reverse wound reverse polarity so you don't get hum canceling in positions 2 and 4 but the sound is worth it.

#17 ·
I love old Roadstar II’s. I have an excellent condition 1074 RS430. And a 1985 RG110 that I bought as a non functioning guitar for 300 bucks. I fixed the ground problem and the push/push and did a little cosmetic work on the 110 and it iall original except for the newJack.

Musical instrument Guitar Product String instrument Guitar accessory
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument accessory

#19 ·
Cool guitars, you should add them in here (y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.