Little help to determinate my Ibanez RG model - Jemsite
Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Little help to determinate my Ibanez RG model

Hi all!

I bought myself used Ibanez RG guitar four years ago, when I was visiting Japan. Guitar was in fairly ok condition despite the fact, that it had seen some miles if you know what I mean Guitar was extremely cheap, only 50 euros... in fact the hardcase that I bought along with the guitar cost more

No one in the store knew the model of the guitar, but I didn't really bother me. When I returned back home I did some research for the guitar and found out this; guitar was made in Japan, Fujigen plant in 1995. But that was all that I could find from the internet.

Guitar features transparent blue paint job, white bindings on the neck and headstock, dot inlays, golden hardware with Lo-TRS trem, H-S-H and all access joint neck. I also removed the neck few days ago to see if there would be the serial number of the guitar and found this from the back of the neck: MRG 500. I searched the net to find out more, but found only few russian sites and since I don't speak or read russian, that was it.

So some help would be more than needed! At the moment I'm not able to add pictures on my posts or add links... I know that this can make helping me little bit tricky, but all help is more than welcome! Thanks again!

-Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Re: Little help to determinate my Ibanez RG model

If it has a lo-trs trem, it's likely an Rg400 series of some sort. If you can post some pics that will help us identify, otherwise we're just taking shots in the dark (...one step away from you)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 PM

Probably an RG470FM according to the catalog it had Transparent Blue finish and a gold Lo-TRS II Trem.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

I took few pictures of my guitar few minutes ago, hope these help little! Couldn't add pictures, so I uploaded pictures to internet.

Full picture of guitar:
http://postimage.org/image/4etaitl2t/

Close up of the body
http://postimage.org/image/bnkhv7sxb/

Ps. Hello Kitty sticker is post installed
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 03:59 PM

Might be a bit of a stab in the dark here but the MRG-500 stamped on the neck might mean that it was a special shop order RG model for Kurosawa Gakki in Japan. The J Custom models made for Kurosawa have the letter M prefix to denote that, MRG-1, MRG-2 etc etc.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 06:14 PM

Pretty guitar. Given the offset dots and the quilt top, it's not any standard model hat I'm familiar with. Regardless, it's well worth 50 euro, so great score!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 08:39 AM

Yeah that's a sweet looking guitar man...nice score! It looks like someone put a '95 USRG30 neck on an RG470 body with gold Lo-TRS hardware. The good news is that's an original Lo-TRS and not a Lo-TRS II...

Check it out http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/...t_id=214&now=6

That neck alone is worth much much more than you paid for it if it's in as good shape as it looks to be

Tags
fujigen plant 1995 , ibanez rg , made in japan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode