<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)

Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:35 AM
(a)

Reviews: 2

Re: Looking to mod an old bottom of the line model

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Loyalist View Post
That's kind of the difference between the North and South here. Ha! Yeah I said it!
LMAO!!!! when's the last time you grunted it out in 20 below weather while working outside.........then a couple of months later your in 100+ degrees with 95% humidity. Come to Chicago my friend.........If you can last here, you can last anywhere.........ok, except maybe Jersey. They're an effed up bunch over there......

Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 AM

Hey, I've been doing extensive training down here in FL wrestling gators and pythons, swimming with bull sharks, spooning man-o-war, chewing on black widows and dumping loads of cash into musical instruments in hopes of one day being tough enough for the great down under! Gettin' strong now, won't be long now!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:47 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel_f View Post
Hey, I've been doing extensive training down here in FL wrestling gators and pythons, swimming with bull sharks, spooning man-o-war, chewing on black widows and dumping loads of cash into musical instruments in hopes of one day being tough enough for the great down under! Gettin' strong now, won't be long now!
LOL.......I lived in the keys for a few years........the single most dangerous thing in south Florida is BY FAR!!!!!!!!
THE WOMEN!!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
LOL.......I lived in the keys for a few years........the single most dangerous thing in south Florida is BY FAR!!!!!!!!
THE WOMEN!!!!!!!!
Oh geez, that's why I knocked up a docile one from up north.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:02 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel_f View Post
Oh geez, that's why I knocked up a docile one from up north.
LMAO!!!! That was a smart, safe move on your part man!!!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:13 AM

My 5Ē:

It is daunting buying an axe on flea bay you can't play beforehand and having it spend a week or two in transit, it's true that things can go wrong. Buying from a seller with 100% feedback and talking to them beforehand helps a good deal. The last two axes I bought came from America, and I had no problems - my Roadstar cost $150, and Proline $400. Both turned out killer.

Because gear is expensive here, I personally don't mind paying $100 for shipping on top of the guitar, as it still comes out less than what you'd pay for an item here. Our dollar has been strong for a while, so it's a good time to buy from America. The only downside is shipping size restriction, so if the guitar comes with a case, you'll have to lose it because the package is too big.

If you're content just modding pups or something, get those online too - a new Duncan or DiMarzio costs about $70-80, nearly half of what they go for here. Going used is even more of a deal - you could get something nice for $50!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:59 AM

Australia: home of the most poisonous spider (Sydney funnel web) the top ten most deadly snakes, esturine crocs that would at a gator for breakfast, and F***ing expensive guitars. Come Visit
Also, Ashurbanipal, I plan to buy the pickups online from an actual retailer. Less stuff to go wrong with those, plus I'm pretty sure shipping's free. As for the guitar, I'll wait till I can get a summer job over our Christmas break. Yeah, Christmas in 45 degree CELCIUS weather (IE: Bloody hot).
Old 05-04-2012, 09:11 AM
(a)

Wow....I forgot about Christmas in the summer for you guys. You mean that,as a kid, you could get a bike....and actually ride it that day????

Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM

^^ Trust me, mang, Xmas in summer isn't all dandy. All that continental European winter food doesn't go with scorching days. Last year there was a terrific storm though.

But you're right, you could ride your bike the day you got it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabberz View Post
Australia: home of the most poisonous spider (Sydney funnel web) the top ten most deadly snakes, esturine crocs that would at a gator for breakfast, and F***ing expensive guitars. Come Visit
Also, Ashurbanipal, I plan to buy the pickups online from an actual retailer. Less stuff to go wrong with those, plus I'm pretty sure shipping's free. As for the guitar, I'll wait till I can get a summer job over our Christmas break. Yeah, Christmas in 45 degree CELCIUS weather (IE: Bloody hot).
Indeed. I don't even buy strings from a shop anymore.

If you're interested in getting used pups, I'd recommend Boyd's Guitar Warehouse on eBay, they're very good; some stuff I bought from them was practically new, and shipping is an insignificant amount. Of course, they might not have what you're looking for off the bat, so that may involve long vigils until something turns up. They sell other parts too like bodies, necks, and hardware.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
If you're interested in getting used pups, I'd recommend Boyd's Guitar Warehouse on eBay, they're very good;
I've bought guitar bodies from him. came in great condition.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 PM

Hm... Buying second hand could be a good option...
Even so, $160 for 2 new Seymour Duncans seems pretty decent. I'll look into it
And Christmas in Melbourne. For some reason, it always hails. I have no idea why. It just does
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 PM

Yeah, you can get a new set (e.g. Jazz & JB) for about that. Going used is still a better deal - the pups I've seen and bought are usually in very good condition, and that's to be expected, they're hardly a wear and year item. Which Duncans are you interested in?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:33 AM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabberz View Post
Also, GB, It isn't just luthiers that are expensive over here. EVERYTHING is expensive.
As a recent immigrant I can confirm how shockingly accurate this is. I still wouldn't bother with the Gio.

Ebay is your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Clearly you're too soft for Australia. Go eat some concrete and harden the f&$k up. Then you might be able to handle living in our awesome country.

Well that's how us Aussies see it!

(Jokes of course, no nastiness meant here)
I've actually bought myself an HTFU stubbie holder to remind to do this always.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 AM

nice.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:48 PM

I'm looking at an sh-1 neck and an sh-5 bridge for the pickups.
Also, an update on the guitar: on close inspection, it appears the neck is cracked at the two drill holes closest to the body. Why there makes no sense to me at all, but it means I will probably have to source a new square heeled neck >

Tags
customization, grx

Show/Hide Posting Rules