<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums)

Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) Discussion about other Ibanez 6-string Guitars (including Premiums) not covered in the above topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:34 PM
(a)
RGTFanatic  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 8,381  -  iTrader: (17)
Reviews: 2

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Wow, I thought I posted in this yesterday.........??

Absolutely killer Graphic man!!! I dig the "U.S.A. Custom" logo!!! totally fitting.

I'm wondering, Did you have to request a vinyl that could be cleared over? AFAIK, normal vinyl will be destroyed by a clear over it. Or did you use a special clear??
__________________

quote
  #32  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Fastmerc  is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 895  -  iTrader: (7)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfistx View Post
Looks awesome. Are you gonna put white pickups in it like in the pic?

A Spawn graphic would be cool, too.
First I am going to see how it looks with plastic covers, with the missing part of the graphic applied, if I don't like that I will go with white pickups.

Ibanez has already done a spawn graphic, but yes spawn is also cool and could prove interesting to do another adaptation.
quote
  #33  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Fastmerc  is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 895  -  iTrader: (7)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Wow, I thought I posted in this yesterday.........??

Absolutely killer Graphic man!!! I dig the "U.S.A. Custom" logo!!! totally fitting.

I'm wondering, Did you have to request a vinyl that could be cleared over? AFAIK, normal vinyl will be destroyed by a clear over it. Or did you use a special clear??
I asked for "Vinyl Wrap" like they are using on cars and boats now, it comes with a "clear" on it. This allows you to use spray clear over it without harming the graphic. I used Krylon Fusion clear gloss, which I have had pretty good results with on all my projects. I may start using 2K clear soon though, just to have that 1 day drying window.
quote
  #34  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Fastmerc  is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 895  -  iTrader: (7)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Ok so here it is with the humbucker covers with the graphic applied.



quote
  #35  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:24 AM
(a)
Swirltop  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 2,337  -  iTrader: (12)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


I'm not usually a huge fan of painted or graphics on pickups, but that looks pretty damn cool. It's too bad that you didn't fill in the sides of the pickup cavities like a stock direct mount would be so you wouldn't have those big gaps. It looks cool now, but that would have really put it over the top... Great job
quote
  #36  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 PM
apadua  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 630  -  iTrader: (5)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


DAMMM SON!!!!!!!!!

Very cool... I have always wanted to put together a guitar with Street Fighter Theme/Graphics..

You have just given me a bunch of ideas...

Thanks,
quote
  #37  
Old 01-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Fastmerc  is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 895  -  iTrader: (7)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirltop View Post
I'm not usually a huge fan of painted or graphics on pickups, but that looks pretty damn cool. It's too bad that you didn't fill in the sides of the pickup cavities like a stock direct mount would be so you wouldn't have those big gaps. It looks cool now, but that would have really put it over the top... Great job
Yes you are def right, but direct mounting was an afterthought. I originally was going to use white pickup rings. I may go in and paint the pickup standoffs and screw heads black so they blend better.
quote
  #38  
Old 01-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Fastmerc  is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 895  -  iTrader: (7)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by apadua View Post
DAMMM SON!!!!!!!!!

Very cool... I have always wanted to put together a guitar with Street Fighter Theme/Graphics..

You have just given me a bunch of ideas...

Thanks,
Thanks alot! Im really happy this project may have inspired some others, make sure to let us all see them when your done!
quote
  #39  
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 AM
silverctr  is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 943  -  iTrader: (4)
Reviews: 15

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by apadua View Post
DAMMM SON!!!!!!!!!

Very cool... I have always wanted to put together a guitar with Street Fighter Theme/Graphics..

You have just given me a bunch of ideas...

Thanks,
Guile's sonic boom waves would make for some killer inlays on that one.
quote
  #40  
Old 01-27-2013, 02:12 AM
(a)
Wolfram  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,391  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 13

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


I am not usually a fan of a decal or image used over a guitar body like that, but the work you have done is amazing and looks great. I really dig the colour scheme too - the matching head stock is a great touch.

Are you still going ahead with theb 'punisher' neck inlays?

-Wolfram
quote
  #41  
Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 AM
mike570  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 3,129  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 21

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Awesome job!
quote
  #42  
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM
(a)
Swirltop  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 2,337  -  iTrader: (12)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
Yes you are def right, but direct mounting was an afterthought. I originally was going to use white pickup rings. I may go in and paint the pickup standoffs and screw heads black so they blend better.
That's a great idea man... Either way that's one kicka$$ job you did on that guitar
quote
  #43  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Fastmerc  is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 895  -  iTrader: (7)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
I am not usually a fan of a decal or image used over a guitar body like that, but the work you have done is amazing and looks great. I really dig the colour scheme too - the matching head stock is a great touch.

Are you still going ahead with theb 'punisher' neck inlays?

-Wolfram
I do plan to, but Ive been a little busy as of late and haven't had a chance to get back with Jockomo.
quote
  #44  
Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 PM
pink13  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: edison nj 08817
Posts: 609  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: My Punishing RG Theme Project.......


killer guitar ..awesome work congrats...
quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Show/Hide Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7th theme Agent540 Other 7-string Guitars 1 02-07-2009 09:58 PM
Custom JEM SK Theme Passion_and_Warfare JEM and Universe Guitars 3 04-19-2008 08:30 PM
my guitar theme Jeff - CRO Multimedia: Music, Pictures & Sounds 0 05-23-2006 01:11 PM
Halo Theme Praetorian Guitar Lessons & Music Theory 11 01-08-2006 04:09 PM
Who played the Top Gun theme? King Knall Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours 18 10-24-2005 08:53 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by